SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Hurrier I Go....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

In my lead post I lamented the busyness I am afflicted with and how I cheated myself of rich blessings because of it. Now, I am beginning to understand the importance of saying 'yes' when someone asks for my presense. Rest assured, I will usually say yes, but there have been times when I said 'no' becuase I had work to do. Now if you stop and think about it: is work more important then people? Come on now: this is terrible! Really! Think about it a minute.......Work will never bless me in the sense a person can because it is an inanimate activity. It brings its own satisfaction, but people are much more important, including old folks. (Sat. noon our son asked us to join them for lunch - after I ate mine - and I remembered and went. Although I did not eat, I enjoyed being with them.)

You know what? Last Sat. night my DH and I were at a restaurant and I saw a very young couple come in with an old man who was their grandfather. Their love was obvious, flowing in both directions. When I saw that, I literally cried. It was so beautiful! I so wished I had the chance to do that to my 80 YO father....Brothers and sisters, ladies and gentleman, take the time to do it to your parents, your grandparents! They will love it..as one ages you get so lonely because you cannot move as fast as you once did. And you know what? You will likely get to be like that too one day if the LORD tarries and you live a long life.

Yes, I have been blessed....and could have had more....

ginnyrose

2007/4/16 9:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy