SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Hurrier I Go....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

The Hurrier I Go....

The Hurrier I Go, the Behinder I get

This old saying has come to haunt me this past week. We – I am so scheduled, so rigid I have missed an opportunity simply because I was too much in a hurry.....You see I missed a wonderful opportunity to have lunch with my mom and dad a couple weeks ago because I was in a hurry… and now will never ever again in this life have that opportunity because Dad was suddenly called home to glory last Friday.

I had gone to the city to do some business and had decided I will not eat lunch there, but hurry home quickly to the greenhouses: plants needed pruning. While in the city, I made a quick stop at Wal-Mart to get a couple of need items when I came upon my parents checking out. They invited me to have lunch with them, but I declined the invitation because I had decided I will not eat (before I had seen them) and hurry home. After I declined this invite, I felt real guilty, like I did the wrong thing. But I reasoned, I had to get home! I still felt guilty, like I made the wrong decision. And I did.

Now Dad is gone, died suddenly last Friday. He was a farmer who spent the morning planting corn, came in for lunch, took his nap and then woke up with severe chest pains and was soon gone. Now I grieve over a missed opportunity, simply because I was in a hurry. Fortunately, I have the confidence he is with the LORD and is having a wonderful time and he would not want me to whip myself for my failure to take time…after all he has done the same to me. But I am still among the living and I should have minded the Spirit….

Why am I sharing this? To warn you to spend time with your parents when the Spirit prompts you to and do not procrastinate because they are your parents. You are told to honor them and they will not live forever. The day will come when they will leave and it may be without warning, like it was for me (although if I would have been willing to face reality, I would have seen the red flags, but Dad was NOT old – only 80 YO).

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/4/13 0:03Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: The Hurrier I Go....

Thanks for sharing you grief with us. It is such a comfort to know he is with Jesus. I can't say that for certain with either of my parents, my husband's parents either. It must be a wonderful consolation knowing you will see him one day again.

God bless you and His peace to you in your time of loss.

2007/4/13 0:17Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Sister,
Knowing Dad is with the LORD gives me so much joy, so much comfort...I cannot imagine what it would be like for it to be otherwise....except I do have loved ones who I fear about their eternal destiny and that grieves me worse then losing my dad in death.

Thanks for your kind words, Goldminer. And may God comfort you in your distress. This may be the time when you get to heaven that you will have to throw yourself into Jesus arms and let Him wipe the tears from your eyes. Now that concept is a comfort in itself, is it not?!

ginnyrose

2007/4/13 9:14Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Yes it is ginnyrose. I appreciate your encouragement as well.

2007/4/13 10:01Profile

Sister ginnyrose,

After just reading your post i leaned back in my chair with my heart breaking because it hit home with me because i can literally relate. I suffer the lose of my Mother. As for being on the go so much, that would be my sister who never stops till bedtime. She never has time for me because she's to busy which hurts. She recently gave her heart to the Lord while in the hospital with bloodclots and i even bought her a new Bible, but she's back to herself again on being to busy and me hurting that she hasn't the time to be with me or to spend time with God and her Bible i got her.

Thank you ever so much as hard as it was to share this. It speaks volumn's to me. I am so very very sorry for your great lose. I've never been able to move on with my life after the lose of my Mother. She was so great in the Lord and the greatest Mother a son could ever have in this life! Never wanted to be seen or anything like that but you would at times catch her on her knee's praying even tho it physically hurt her to do so.

Oh my, Momma never spoke unless she spoke of her love of Jesus and would always ask someone new. . Do you know my Jesus? She even won someone over the phone to the Lord a week before she passed away, she was only 65, she would be 70 if alive today. I couldn't believe how many people were at the funeral/church . . over 2,000. All the lives Momma had either touched or won to the Lord! That was my Momma!

I do share your broken heart and tears. May our precious Lord saturate you with his peace.

Brother Julian

2007/4/13 10:35

Dear Sister Goldminer,

I cannot even begin to imagine what you go through knowing not where for sure your parents are or your husbands as well. I will truly give prayer to our Lord for you and sister ginnyrose. Your both precious Lady's in the Lord.

His love and peace be with you and your husband,

Brother Julian

2007/4/13 13:27
pastorfrin

Dear ginnyrose,
I am so sorry for your loss. Our Saviour said:
Matthew 5:4
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

May His peace and comfort keep you and your family in your time of sorrow.

When we've been there ten thousand years, bright
shining as the sun, we'll have no less days to sing God's praise, then when we first begun.
And our dad's will be there, with us and ours, the whole time.

May His loving arms surround and draw you to Him in your time of mourning.

In His Love

pastorfrin

2007/4/13 20:28Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
Fortunately, I have the confidence he is with the LORD and is having a wonderful time and he would not want me to whip myself for my failure to take time…after all he has done the same to me.

Dear sister, what a tremendous understanding and exhortation at such a time as this ... My heart and prayers are with you.

2007/4/13 23:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Att.: Julian

Bro. Julian,

If you think it will help your sister any, tell her what I wrote...of course, I know my words are not all that powerful...it takes frequent nudges from the LORD to accomplish this.

I am so sorry you lost your wonderful mother. Julian, you know the fact that she was so wonderful and you her son, do you see how richly blessed you are, or have been? Not everyone who posts on SI has been the recipient of such a rich blessing! AND grief is the flip side of having experienced love...you see we really do not grieve over the death of people we do not know well. Julian, you were blessed...thank God for that and see what happens.

Julian, do you reckon there is a possibility the reason your sister is running so much is because it is her way of handling grief? Staying so busy she has no time to think? Busyness will do that, you know...Have you ever shared with her your disappointment in her behaviors? Some people have to be reminded often and it may require a lot of aggressiveness on your part. Depending on your temperment this may sound very repulsive. But try it and see what happens.

I am so sad you are so alone...that would be so hard. But you have the wonderful memory of how your mother served the LORD: that alone should bring you a measure of comfort to you, serve as a wonder mentor to you, even now.

After Dad's funeral (which was held in the afternoon) we had a supper prepared for us by the church family, then after it we had a time of sharing memories. Now this was wonderful...it went on for two hours, attended by 200 persons. It was a time of seriousness, time of laughter. It helped us much in knowing how much Dad was appreciated by others. Many testified to his willingness to talk about the LORD at any time. Someone told us how he was at his office one day with a stack of reply envelopes on his desk ready to be mailed. He would insert a tract in it and return it to the sender!

After the doctor told us dad died, we prayed, thanking God for having been privileged to have him in our lives all these years. But I will miss him so..

I am reminded of that motto I have seen many times: "Only one life 'twill soon be past..only what is done for Jesus will last."

Thank you all for your kind words of comfort,and Julian, we will pray for you as well.

ginnyrose

2007/4/14 0:01Profile
deathdancer

South Africa

Re: Att.: Julian

Hi ginnrose,Thank you for sharing..
you said..Knowing Dad is with the LORD gives me so much joy, so much comfort...I cannot imagine what it would be like for it to be otherwise....except I do have loved ones who I fear about their eternal destiny and that grieves me worse then losing my dad in death.
I share the same problem and joy.
For those who still have parents or family ,i would like to add the following.
If you are tempted to retaliate or react consider first if you can rather let it pass.You are robbing yourself of much joy and peace should that person die and you have regrets.Do what you can for your folks while you still can.You wont believe the joy that will come to you the rest of your life in this regard.Your seed sown will return a thousand times back to you.You are truly blessed ginnyrose.
deathdancer.

2007/4/15 12:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy