SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Dr Ian Paisley

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Dr Ian Paisley

I have noted that Dr Paisley is available here.
The good Dr is a very controversial figure in Irish Politics and is often seen as a figure of hate. I was raised in the South of Ireland which is Roman Catholic in the main but have always enjoyed a citzenship free of intolerance of minority religions. I have read Dr Paisleys life story and am certain of his calling as a man of God it has always seemed such a shame that he allowed himself get caught up in the sad politics of our little island. He is also by his own confession a water diviner which is a practice prohibited in the Bible (divination).

2004/3/25 13:50Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Dr Ian Paisley

Dear Paulus,

I met with Dr Paisley on one of my trips to Belfast years ago.
I find it quite strange to hear so many preachers and pastors in that region bringing a harsh message on repentance, but bearing very little fruit in their own lives.
I have in my library a work of another Paisley – Ian R. K. Paisley – on the “Fifty nine revival”, an authentic history of the great Ulster awakening of 1859.
What would you say brought the authenticity of those days to what our Dr. Paisley and others stand for today – this sturdy, proud “Ulsterism”?
Lars

2004/3/25 14:07Profile
Paulus

Re:

Lars

Unfortunatly for many centuries the Prodestant Faith was the "ruling faith" . For many here in Ireland being a Prodtestant equals being saved even though there is no real life or new birth.
The Ulster Union of which Dr Paisley is now the head took a blood oath to defend Ulster some even signing the declaration in their own blood. The orange order again which Dr Paisley is prominant have very similar overtones to Free Masonry with lodges, brotherhood, badges and secret oaths. On top of all that the Irish Pentecostal Church was influenced for a number of years by British Irsraelism. So many factors have added to this mess its hard to see how it can be fixed.

Dr Paisley will say he "hates the sin (being a catholics) but loves the sinner(catholics) but he is best known as a man of extreme hate.In fact in my opinion he has been the cause of much offense to Christ.

Paul
Yes repentance is preached and the message is shouted but no real underlying Love of Christ is there. Paisley also insists that the Pope is the ANtichrist and therefore he polarise the commuinity into two opposing tribes.

2004/3/26 9:03Profile
riki

Sweden

Re: Dr Ian Paisley

Quote:
I have in my library a work of another Paisley – Ian R. K. Paisley – on the “Fifty nine revival”, an authentic history of the great Ulster awakening of 1859.

To me it seems there is only one Ian Paisley, viz. Ian R. K. Paisley. :-( Here is the website:

[url=http://www.ianpaisley.org]http://www.ianpaisley.org[/url]

/Rikard

2004/3/27 13:00Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Some of those yourger Swedish men are incredible.
Rikard, you have solved a problem for me.

Paisley was born 1926.
This book was written 1958.
I thought it had to be done by someone else simply because dates did not match. It is a well researched book, not one of those thin items so called writers produce today.
I have taken a good look at the web and facts match.
Thank you.
Lars

2004/3/27 14:55Profile
riki

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
Some of those yourger Swedish men are incredible.

Well... It was no big deal really, just a quick Google search on Ian Paisley and Ian R K Paisley, respectively. I'm glad that I could help you out, though.

However, what Paulus writes about the man makes me sad...

Rikard

2004/3/27 15:39Profile
Paulus

Re:

Just so we are clear I am talking about Dr Ian Paisley head of the Ulster Unionist Party . I have no opinion on the other guy.

2004/3/29 4:30Profile
riki

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
Just so we are clear I am talking about Dr Ian Paisley head of the Ulster Unionist Party . I have no opinion on the other guy.

Well, just as I tried to show, there is no other guy. These two men are one and the same. We are talking about this man:

"The Rev Dr Ian RK Paisley, MP, MEP, Moderator of the Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster, Minister of Martyrs' Memorial Free Presbyterian Church, Leader of the Ulster Democratic Unionist Party, MP for North Antrim at Westminster and MEP for Northern Ireland in Strasbourg."

(Taken from www.ianpaisley.org)

Hope this claryfies it for everyone. :-)

2004/3/31 4:58Profile
Paulus

Re:

Well now we know. Interestingly the troubles in Northern Ireland exploded in 1968 by which time Ian had moved into the centre of politics. I am sure he is very knowlegeable about scriptures and is a good speaker, but whether he is anointed is another matter. Now late in his life he still battles away trying to keep a small part of this earth, loyal and true to the unionist cause. We are not of this world we are of the Kingdom. I as an Irish man have no desire for a united ireland,or europe, or whatever but only a desire that Christ Kingdom come.

Paul

2004/3/31 8:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy