SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why KJV Only?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Hi Crsschk,

No I haven't read everything or searched it all out here. How is the best way to go about this? I'm not very good with searching a site.

Thanks,
Jordan

P.S.

I've read some of the thread that Roniya gave the link to, but not all of it.

2007/4/13 22:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jaysaved wrote:

"I don’t think Galatians 2:20 is talking about Christ’s own personal faith being given to us, but of Paul’s experience of a Son-like faith. Slaves obeyed God because they had to; sons because they chose to. Slaves were kept in check by a law; sons walk in the Spirit. Personally I would rather take both broad interpretations than an either/or choice. This is Christwards and Sonlike faith, but it is not, I think, Christ’ faith instead of Paul’s faith."

Christ's Faith is Paul's faith. Is that hard to say?
Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

The same origin of faith, It comes from Jesus Christ. "but by the faith of Jesus Christ" should by the context of the whole chapter should read: but in the faith Jesus Christ. "of" is not even there. All that Christ, is especially His Faith, is what we are in if we are in Him at all. Either we have the Spirit of Christ or we are none of His. That includes His Faith, that did nothing unless the Father told Him to, He did it in obedience and faith. This is what our Faith is and should be, as son's of God by the Son Himself.

"even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ,"
The Faith in this is also in Gal 2:20, it is rendered, "especially," "especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly, constancy in such profession; by extension, the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself:--assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity." All are "pistis".

This Faith leads to what Christ has been made in us. 1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
"made unto us" Unto us should reed in context of the statement, "But of Him, (God) But of God are you in Christ. "Made unto us," (made us also), wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption.

Wisdom: Strong's Greek Dictionary
4678. sophia
Search for G4678 in KJVSL
sojia sophia sof-ee'-ah
from 4680; wisdom (higher or lower, worldly or spiritual):--wisdom. Which one do we have worldly or spiritually? Jam 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Righteousness: Strong's Greek Dictionary
1343. dikaiosune
Search for G1343 in KJVSL
dikaiosunh dikaiosune dik-ah-yos-oo'-nay
from 1342; equity (of character or act); specially (Christian) justification:--righteousness. Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. How can we be perfect? In Christ only, including His Faith.

Sanctification: Strong's Greek Dictionary
38. hagiasmos
Search for G38 in KJVSL
agiasmoV hagiasmos hag-ee-as-mos'
from 37; properly, purification, i.e. (the state) purity; concretely (by Hebraism) a purifier:--holiness, sanctification. Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost. Who Holy Faith? How is it Holy? Christ has been made in us this Holy Faith.

Redemption: Strong's Greek Dictionary
629. apolutrosis
Search for G629 in KJVSL
apolutrwsiV apolutrosis ap-ol-oo'-tro-sis
from a compound of 575 and 3083; (the act) ransom in full, i.e. (figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption. 2Cr 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us];

We are made all these by Jesus Christ's birth in us. Do you really believe that the faith of Abraham could bring this Christ to us? Abraham's faith was imputed to him because he believed. We that believe God about Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God have by that faith of Abraham received the Promise, that is the Seed Jesus Christ and All that He is, including His Faith. Was the faith of Christ Perfect? Even if we don't understand God will reveal that also. Phl 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

How can a man be presented perfect to the Father? Including our faith which is now the "faith Son of God or faith Christ Jesus".

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

If it is His working working in us and mightily on top of that, it must include all the attributes of Jesus Christ the Son of God and that includes His Faith which is now our faith along with all else in 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Did Christ Have the Faith of the Father?

In Christ: Phillip

2007/4/14 3:11Profile
RumbleBee

Houston, Texas

Re:

Forgive my being a "newbie" to this site...

I guess I am what you would call a "King James Only" type of a Christian.
For the beginning of my church life, I thought everyone read from the same Bible, and the only other “versions” were the KJV in different languages. I was raised very old- fashioned, and now, looking back, I feel that “that” was not a “bad” thing.

No one worried about the accuracy or doubted its content.
It was what it was, “THE WORD”, Gods inspired word, infallible, non-contradicting. It backed itself up 100% backwards and forwards, and I had (and still have) total faith in it. My Pastors and teachers through my early life always used the same Bible, no exceptions.

I was, like everyone, taught Bible memory verses and the books of the Bible in Sunday school, and “ALL” we kids were surprisingly good. Back then, it was common for small children to be able to quote vast passages of the Bible word-for-word, and it was the norm for that time.

That was then.

Now, mention the “KJV”, and you will be politely informed that your Bible’s expiration date has already expired, and you are no longer up to date. At least that is the tone that most people loveingly give.

Now do not get me wrong, I do live in a modern age, and feel that my life has kept up with the times, however… I get the impression that the modern Church is trying to “suddenly” evolve, move “up” so to say.
My opinion is that they may not be moving up.
Now I know God is not changing, and with that in mind, what has changed in the past forty or so years?
We no longer see children reciting the Bible, or even remember the books of the Bible.
Sunday school for kids seems more like day care with coloring, games, etc… with a Biblical theme, but still day care.
Sadly, (to me) it seems so does the modern Church, adult day care, with a Biblical theme.
We have become less afraid of God, less afraid of Hell, and more at ease with sin.

If my way of looking at what the Church of today is striving to become makes anyone feel uncomfortable, then I would hope that what that person is experiencing, is “conviction”. It may feel odd, because not many Churches of today feel that conviction is necessary for salvation, merely attendance, tithing, and agreement.

I do not think that having several different versions of the Bible is the reason for Churches modern day fall, but t it does create confusion.

I for one want to seek out the old paths….

2007/4/19 23:10Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: KJV

Quote:
No I haven't read everything or searched it all out here. How is the best way to go about this? I'm not very good with searching a site.

Hi Jordan,

Go to the main Discussion Forum link on the front page.

Towards the bottom, there is an "advanced search" that will allow you to search the forum itself.

Try "KJV or "King James version", variations thereof. Also try experimenting with different combinations in the "Forum", "Author", "Sort by", "Search in" etc. boxes.

2007/4/20 0:04Profile
Isleander

Wales - United Kingdom

Re: Why KJV Only?

You may find this info helpful

http://www.regal-network.com/chm/bibles.htm

2007/4/20 7:36Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:

Hi Jordan,

Go to the main Discussion Forum link on the front page.

Towards the bottom, there is an "advanced search" that will allow you to search the forum itself.

Try "KJV or "King James version", variations thereof. Also try experimenting with different combinations in the "Forum", "Author", "Sort by", "Search in" etc. boxes.

Thanks!

2007/4/20 13:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy