SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why KJV Only?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Why KJV Only?

I know there are some on here that are KJV only, could you please explain why? I'm not wanting to debate I just want to know your reasons.

Thanks!

Jordan

2007/4/12 15:09Profile

Re: Why KJV Only?

You might find this thread interesting, Jordan.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=12785&forum=35&start=110&viewmode=flat&order=1]Call me King James only, but only if...[/url]. I really liked the article by David Cloud.

As to why I am KJV only...because I think it's the best translation of the Textus Receptus that is available.

2007/4/12 15:27
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Thanks, looks like I'll have to have some time on my hands to read that thread through. :-P

Jordan

2007/4/12 15:32Profile

Re:

I agree with Roniya, I think the thread that is linked to Roniya's post is probably the best thread on here for explaining our position. I'm not just saying that because I started the thread, but because it was actually a very civil discussion about the topic... which is rare.

Krispy

2007/4/12 16:27
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I agree with Roniya, I think the thread that is linked to Roniya's post is probably the best thread on here for explaining our position. I'm not just saying that because I started the thread, but because it was actually a very civil discussion about the topic... which is rare.

Krispy

Krispy,

I hope everything is burning well over there. ;-)

Would you say that article is the normal stance of a "KJV only" person? Isn't that more of a "TR Only" position?

2007/4/12 16:30Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Krispy,

I have read the other posts but I am still confused on some terminology. Are you KJV-only or KJV preferred?

2007/4/12 16:39Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Some more reading if anyone is interested:

Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today
By:
Daniel B. Wallace , Th.M., Ph.D.

http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=665

2007/4/12 16:49Profile
nadine

Re: Why KJV Only?

Here's a thought concerning the King James (version)...

[color=0066CC]When listening to revival testomonies, what version of the Bible do the witnesses quote when refering to scripture?[/color]

I always hear the King James. That is just something to think about. But one thing is for sure...any version that leaves any reference to the BLOOD of Jesus Christ out is NO GOOD.

2007/4/12 17:05Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
any version that leaves any reference to the BLOOD of Jesus Christ out is NO GOOD.

I agree...can you provide any examples?

2007/4/12 19:00Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Here's were I'm coming from... I've had people tell me that the text that the KJV came from is the original text so that makes it better then the other translations, but we don't have the original text. I'm against the translations like the NIV and TNIV, but I think ESV is a valid translation.

Thank you all for the info you have given, it has been helpful to hear from people who prefer the KJV.

This is something that keeps coming to my mind occasionally and I was just wondering about the reasoning behind it.

Jordan

2007/4/12 19:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy