SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am man in the ministry fell into sin must he confess to all?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

This outward sin is NOT the real issue

This person is dealing with a symptom of a much greater problem deep down inside this person. Even if this person stays away from this outward act it will not cure the REAL problem that caused this symptom. The sickness and sin would still remain underneath.

This person should go to Christ and ask Him to reveal it, so that he can let it go and be cured. Anything else is just pure legalism.

2007/4/12 16:06
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Isn't confessing it to God and his mentor enough?

I many cases 'yes' it is. If hidden sins were confessed openly what effect would this have upon the rest of the flock, on the man's children?

Repentance can often follow confession.“And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said unto David, The Lord also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.” (2Sam 12:13 KJVS)

“Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.” (Psa 51:1-4 KJVS)

2007/4/12 17:00Profile

Re: I am man in the ministry fell into sin must he confess to all?

Quote:
must the man confess all to his church and the senior leaders? Is he unfit for any furthur ministry for the Lord? Must he resign?

Absolutely NOT! The Church don't need to know anything about it. What man hasn't fallen into sexual sin? Save one, Jesus Christ.

We didn't pick straws for that man to get into the ministry, do we pick straws to get him out??

The blood of Jesus Christ has the same effectiveness as it has on you and I, and it reaches even to the leaders of the Church.

God help us if we think that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanse only 'some' of us and not all who call upon Him for forgivenesss.

2007/4/12 19:21
pastormarcy

16. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

That person has already confessed to some people...also they made a tactic not to fall back into this sin...
and now you have basically confessed here for that person and all to see...
Now that person should go to the leaders of the ministry and confess to them...
pray with them and such...show the changes he or she has made to resist this sinful action...
it will be up to the leaders if that person needs to tell the flock.
That person realized they did wrong...why ...because they strive for the spirit and not to the flesh.

also that person must remember....they have corrected the situation, been brought back to the path of the Lord...remember

Romans 8

1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I pray though that this person has asked forgiveness from the Lord for this sin since the Lord brought him or her to repentance...and know this even if the people of this world does not be so forgiving God will be for that person repented in their way and made preparation to avoid it or made it so they can not do it again.

If one sins in ignorance then realizes it and turns away from it and asks forgiveness from the Lord they have a mediator and then they confess
to those he or she is comfortable with and their leaders know God has forgiven that person even if those leaders and other people do not...but that person must remain away totally from that realized sin.

People make mistakes...no one is perfect...God does forgive and people need to remember
Jesus said
Matthew 6
14. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Repented, confessed...yes they are still fit for ministry...Paul killed then repented and went out and brought the word of God to the people...Jesus forgave him and sent him out and made him an apostle.

I forgive that person for his imperfection and his weakness...I say he is still fit for ministry for he is of the spirit for if he was of the flesh he would not have repented as quickly.

This is what I belive.

2007/4/12 19:25Profile
Talkn2u

I have heard it said that the person who has committed the sin, needs to ask forgiveness of the Lord, (with a broken, truly repentant heart), and confess this sin to the ones who it affected.
When a person responds to the conviction of God over their sin, it can be dealt with, with God.
I believe sins become Public Knowledge, when the person has ignored God's warnings and have hardened their hearts from Truth and Righteousness, and natural consequences run their course.
But if a man/woman is convicted and truly sorrowful, with a Godly sorrow, that is something that can be dealt with, with God...
It is also important to have an Accountability partner...someone who is trustworthy, who will have the Mind of Christ and a Heart after God, who will sincerely lift the person in prayer and encouragement, without condemnation.
I would not suggest a public confession unless it was publically known, otherwise,
the person opens themselves up to the judgemental and legalistics that will bring the sin up into their face and not let them forget it.
This opens a door for the enemy to cause the person to be so overwhelmed with condemnation, that they will not walk daily in victory and eventually will give up, because they think they are not worthy to continue the call on their life.
But we...none of us....were worthy to begin with.
Tell this man, that he must not give up. Tell him that God takes what was intended to destroy and turns it to good and He is Glorified....
Those who have fallen, are much quicker to bend down and help someone else up...

2007/4/13 2:01Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Talkn2u said

Quote:
I would not suggest a public confession unless it was publically known, otherwise, the person opens themselves up to the judgemental and legalistics that will bring the sin up into their face and not let them forget it. This opens a door for the enemy to cause the person to be so overwhelmed with condemnation, that they will not walk daily in victory and eventually will give up, because they think they are not worthy to continue the call on their life.

I agree with this, i think this is God's heart. This man has suffered terrible grief over his sin, the Lord has put it away, and has restored him, he wants with all his heart to serve the Lord again- its all he has ever wanted to do. Sin against His Lord has cost him dearly, and he is already facing a battle against condemnation and it is not publically known. The reason he asked these questions is that voices have been speaking into his ear 'You are a disgrace', 'You are totally unfit to serve the Lord', 'You must resign', 'how could someone who has done what you have done serve the Lord'.

And by the way in case you have not already realised - I am the man.

2007/4/13 6:16Profile
pastormarcy

Re:

You can tell by your subject that it is you...I used a third party way of speaking for you also used it in your first post.

Dont listen to the voice that is telling you to resign...that would be the evil one at work through you thoughts...all of us are imperfect and we all have sin...to confess is a good thing for it clears the heart...you have been convicted by the spirit for your heart belongs to God....now do not linger in those thoughts that tell you that you are unfit...

Let me I pray tell you a piece of my life...

when I was a child I had an experience that shook my family up and within this experience God anointed me with a function...one that no one would easily be able to bear for it brings great rejection and makes people fear...
my mother brought me to our pastor (for I was only 9 years old) and we told Him what happened to me and the pastor said tell no one of the experience...
well I opened my big mouth not about my experience but everytime I saw someone within the church sinning...and not just the congregation but mainly the pastors and leaders for I saw they were spotted I pointed it out and told them through scripture to stop...
the whole church rejected and highly persecuted me. I didnt have to tell them my function they knew it everytime I opened my mouth.
I ran from the church and fell into deep sin...Even though I hated sin dearly I fell into it through the rejection of the church...But God used what satan meant for evil and used it toward His good...I am now back into my function and am getting ready to go face the church and bring tell them the words God gave me when I was a child.

God has forgiven me for running away...I can say this though for a fact...no matter what I fell into Jesus was always there...the times I almost died Jesus was always there, He never left nor did He ever forsake me in any way...when I was hungry He fed me...When I was cold He warmed me and convered me until this moment in my life Jesus has always provided for me...even when I was in sin.
Now The Lord has shown me I rest in the palm of His right hand and I sit upon His right shoulder, this I have been shown by the Lord himself...So if I can run from my function and God can place me right back into it...then you can minister for you had a convicting heart and have brought yourself out of that sinful way.

We cannot condemn anyone for their human errors for if Jesus forgave we also should be easy to forgive.
Like I said before I forgive you for your error, we are not perfect we are running to perfection...

2007/4/13 7:24Profile
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Re:

Quote:

Here4Him wrote:

And by the way in case you have not already realised - I am the man.

Brother, All I can say is He is a God of compassion...Sin cannot be taken lightly, BUT, Don't allow satan to beat you up with this.

As far as I'm concerned, (for what that's worth), You should move on...keep serving the Lord, keep fighting, and not allow yourself to commit this Sin again.

I shall pray for you my friend.

2007/4/13 17:47Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Thanks Pastor Marcy for you comforting words. The Lord Bless you

2007/4/13 17:47Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, (for what that's worth), You should move on...keep serving the Lord, keep fighting, and not allow yourself to commit this Sin again. I shall pray for you my friend.

Thank you my brother, truly the Lord is with you.

2007/4/13 17:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy