Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Another wake up call

Quote:

enid wrote:
Got this email from a missionary in Europe via someone he knows. It speaks for itself.

...Things are going well for us here in Germany. The country is so pagan. As godless as can be. You would never know by observing that Luther was ever here. Switzerland and other countries in Europe have negligible evidence of Christianity.

Who cares about Martin Luther, Zwingli and Calvin. They all mean nothing.

Corruption, racism and Islam are growing on a daily basis.

My email in of itself can be used against me for attacking Islam. Islam is growing all the time through birth, immigration and conversion.

Up to 3000 Germans are converting to Islam a year. There are areas in Berlin and Stockholm that are totally Muslim...The only encouragement I have is that God is Sovereign and The Lord Jesus will reign supreme.

Even so come Lord Jesus.

I have turned off the TV - I have my TIVO record those few programs I can watch without gagging.

Oddly, these programs I cannot watch anymore are supposed to be Christian channels. It's April, and the Spring Praise-a-thon and Share-a-thon's are upon us. The few good teachers, and there are some on TV, will be back next week if the Satellite Channel's that let them buy cheap time on TV, guilt enough people into promising money they might well do better to keep.

Being mostly housebound by disability, I cannot even pretend to go to what is called a church here in Southern California. Instead, I have become a small house church, because, except for social reasons, there is little reason to attend a church nearby. There are a few, but they are far away for someone unable to drive regularly.

If people nearby my neighborhood want to talk God, even for a few minutes, some stop in here. The rest I find in doctor's waiting rooms, and at the grocery store, when I can go myself. For when ever two Christians meet, and talk of God, Jesus is there.

Strange that I can erect a church for two or three in someone's waiting room, or in the aisles of a grocery store, and can't do so in a separate place.

This is sad, so infinitely sad. Yet I cannot weep anymore. I have grieved enough. I cannot change anything of myself. Instead, I am learning to turn my eyes away from what I cannot do anything about.

But sometimes, in the night, when I talk to God, I grieve for Him, because I feel His pain. He doesn't want to send Jesus to us yet. He wants us to gather more souls first, but since it is our choice, He must watch us in grief and growing anger, do all that is ill until we reach critical mass.

I cannot go as a missionary, so I send others.

But who goes to the American Churches?

Yet oddly, for the time being, America is the last bastion of what I call Open Christianity.

It's not illegal yet anywhere in the U.S. to preach Roman's 1:19-32, although there are legal cases pending, and blessedly, one already won by the defendant against an atheist who doesn't want anyone telling him what he is doing is wrong.

If I went to a church here in America would I hear the following preached?

[color=993300]KJV Romans 1: 19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29. Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30. Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31. Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.[/color]

Is this not our world?

Yet what pastor or preacher speaks of them?

And, even among the righteous, who is willing to hear them?

We purposely turn a blind eye to what we cannot change, and send our money abroad that there might be some souls won for Christ.

Giving alms for a day to a Mission for the homeless in California can support whole families in Asia for a month, and for a week or more in South America.

I refuse to be ashamed of God's bounty to me, for I don't know why he has given it to me. So I give what I can to others, and buy less and less for pleasure these days, because I already have too much. And I am one counted amongst the poor in America.

I have been the Widow with Two Mites, but my family rescued me. What of those that have no family? They should do, but will not do until forced by disaster, what is written here:

[color=993300]KJV Timothy 5:2. The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.
3. Honour widows that are widows indeed.
4. But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.
5. Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
6. But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.
7. And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.
8. But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
9. Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man.
10. Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.
11. But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;
12. Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.
13. And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.
14. I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.
15. For some are already turned aside after Satan.
[b] 16. If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.[/b][/color]

Soon, many will need to remember older, kinder ways, and huddle together against the storm, for though America is wealthy beyond dreams, there are other countries with much wealth that think only of killing, conquering, and taking over from even the wretched in this land.

See, the storm clouds gather in the east, as prophesied. And from the east will come the Tribulation, and the Anti-Christ, and that is not far away in time. Soon really means soon now.

I am persuaded that I will see Jesus coming in Glory before I die, if I die at all, for I have the Hope of the Rapture.

[color=993300]KJV 1 Thessalonians 7. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8. He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
9. But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
10. And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
11. And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
12. That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.
13. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.[/color]

Do I know how the end will play out? No.

But seeing what we can see, and knowing what we can know, I turn my fear, and anxiety, and grief over to God, and comfort myself, that no matter what, God will be there for me, and all my brothers and sisters.

Yes, I may end up in jail someday, for I will not submit to censure. Perhaps it will be worse for others, those living closer to some that live for the sword in their religion, even here in America.

I could lose my comfortable way of life, my property, my belongingss, which mostly these days consist of books bought from 2nd hand stores, and tapes upon tapes of good teaching from as long as 20 years ago, my Tivo and my computer.

Loss of electricity alone will bring people in violence to my door for water, because I have a clear, clean well, and a generator, and gasoline to run that well, for a time. So I have guns, and a dog, and extra people living nearby me to guard our reasonably isolated mountain hide-a-away in California. No, not to kill to keep what I have, but to maintain order as I share until God sends relief.

Does this mean I will sit in my house of pain and sadness without disturbance until Jesus returns, whether it be in the Rapture, as I hold, or at the end, which will come soon? It would be nice to think so, but the older I get, the less able I am to fight against the 'world' except by prayer.

Even if I am undisturbed, because America is still strong, and American's naturally feisty, I can't help getting older, and the world doesn't want to look at what it has become.

This is why we have itching ears in the churches, and because their Pastors pander to them out of fear for their own living, there are few churches that are Godly, or who preach Godliness.

And they dare not preach change, for then they are into politics, and will lose their tax-deductible status, and lose their living anyway.

Most of those that give, give in guilt and peer pressure when the collection plate comes around.

I hope I am not pessimistic, but merely realistic. I see no revival coming in America until Christ comes back, and rules with a rod of iron. Most churches here are dead, not even Laodicean.

Yes, there are good churches everywhere. But not enough. Not enough.

I don't fear for myself, but I fear for the rest of the world. I am mentally prepared for any disaster, and am beginning to gather food and medicine against a time of disaster, when supplies will run low. Yet, since I will share what I have, even if all is not forcibly taken from me, I shrug my shoulders at the future.

I fear for America, for her destruction will resemble that of Babylon.

Even so, I pray, and continue to pray, that God will work His Will on a country that used to be the envy of the world, and to those who do not live here, still is.

Yes, Yes, even so, Lord, come quickly!

Blessings,

2007/4/15 23:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy