SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : aint nothing like the real thing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
one

usa

aint nothing like the real thing

the other night while my husband was watching sports high lights a comercial came on that caught my attention. it was a party with people standing around with empty glasses acting as though they were full. they even went so far as pretending they spilled it.nobody noticed anything was wrong until this guy comes in and orders whatever kind of beer they were advertising and they hand him a real glass of beer.suddenly they seemed to realize "hey, something's wrong here." i don't care about beer but the thought came to me "ain't nothing like the real thing." not a very spiritial example but i saw alot of what goes on in churches all the time. i don't know about you but i'm tierd of playing games.i'm thirsty for the real thing!
in gen. 42:1-2 is an almost funny scripture. its jacob talking to his sons during the 7 year famine when their grain had run out. to paraphrase he tells them "why are you just sitting around looking at eachother? get up go to egypt and get some grain so we can live and not die!" the question today is why are we just sitting around looking at eachother? "oh you sing so beautifully" "oh your hair is so lovely" "oh this church is nice" "oh youre so sweet" bla bla bla and we are slowly starving to death! God has made provision for us in the place He ordained. are we willing to get up and walk no matter the distance no matter the cost for the real thing? only Jesus has the words of eternal life only He is the Bread of Life! lets get up and seek Him until we find Him and wait for Him and Him alone.i want the true and living God. nothing else will do.........ain't nothing like the real thing!
"bread from heaven fill me till i want no more..."
shalom,
one

2004/3/25 0:45Profile
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re: aint nothing like the real thing

Hi from Ireland.

Your post reminded me of a guy I heard speak about how his church got sorted out. His name is David Milne I cant remember the church name. He said every week they turned up and said "I'm fine how are you" "I'm fine too" so they all stayed in their spiritual poverty. Until one lady said one Sunday "you know I'm not fine I'm sad and lonely and lost and am losing my faith" Then they all began to say "hey I'm lonely too and struggling" and then someone said" why dont we get together and pray about how not fine we are" within two weeks they had prayer meetings bible classes full and everyone moving into blessing. All because one person stepped out and was open and honest. So give it a go If they all look at you funny you can say well " I'm still not fine but at least I am looking for reality"

2004/3/25 13:37Profile
one

usa

Re:

hi ireland!
thanks for the reply. praise God for people getting real. earlier today i met a lady and we started talking about being hungry for Jesus and the Holy Spirit overwhelmed both of us right in the middle of a parking lot. i literly was speachless (and thats rare for me). its all about Him! He's all we need. Oh church come back to your fist love !!!!!!!!!!!! its Jesus Jesus Jesus. i thank God for what He's doing in my heart right now. i cant explain it but its real.the only words i can think of to discribe it is im beside myself. thank you Lord!
stay hungry
one

2004/3/25 15:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy