SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Consider this Proverb

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dohzman

Consider this Proverb

Pro 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
Pro 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Pro 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

I post this here because I'm seeing (hearing) a dangerous trend in the modern evangelical church. Pastors and lay people alike are following advice given by ungodly men. It needs to be understood that these counsilors are good moral people giving out humanistic ungodly counsil. Note Ps 1. This counsil is getting good men and women tangled up in grievious sins of the flesh. I would like to be more specific here but I feel as if that could be like casting a stumbling block before the weak or timid in thier faith.

So I'll make a general comment to all that no matter what advice one hears, reads, listens to at church, radio, print in any form, we need to be very diligent to be like the bereans and diligently search out the scriptures to make sure it lines up with God's Written Word. We need to place the reading, study of God's Word first place along side of our devotional, prayer life, with Jesus Christ.

2007/4/9 15:46Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Consider this Proverb

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
So I'll make a general comment to all that no matter what advice one hears, reads, listens to at church, radio, print in any form, we need to be very diligent to be like the bereans and diligently search out the scriptures to make sure it lines up with God's Written Word. We need to place the reading, study of God's Word first place along side of our devotional, prayer life, with Jesus Christ.

i believe you are right brother, we need to know the word of God . How much time do we spend studying it? in these times when there are so many things to occupy our minds and thoughts with, how much do we waste of it with foolish things that often are applauded as good and even ok for Christians to do or spend time doing? we need to get back to a holy Christian living, from the first minute awake to the last, i recently evaluated my life, how i spend my time. I waste several hours every day on "foolish" things, some days more some less, but God has awakened me to this matter more and more, redeeming time.

here are a sermon that blessed me much in that area of giving time to Gods word.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4029]Constructive Bible Reading by Paul Hershberger[/url]

Quote:

we need to be very diligent to be like the bereans and diligently search out the scriptures to make sure it lines up with God's Written Word

this is very true, sometimes very seemingly good advice can be very contrary to the word of God, so if we dont know the word of God we will be deceived.

Christian

2007/4/10 3:21Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Reading this made me think of Pilgrims Progress, in which Christian takes the advice of Worldly Wiseman, and finds himself worse off for having listened to him.

The more we take advice from the world, rather than the Word, the worse off and more godless we are.

The 'god of this world' would be present in all those who don't know God, so any advice they give would come from the enemy of our souls.

Godly advice is not a stumbling block to those who would turn from their sin. But since they are not told what their sin is, the danger is that they might continue in it.

But, let's look to God.

God bless.

2007/4/10 3:36Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Amen Brother,

Does it line up with the word, that is the question?

Thanks, a very good admonition.

2007/4/10 9:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy