SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Street Meetings Of God, Volume 14

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

The Street Meetings Of God, Volume 14

We would very much like to continue sharing some of the many witness encounters that we have experienced, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because an estimated 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour, with the vast majority heading to eternal Hell fire damnation!

Please would you pray for each of these people and the many others that we have been privileged to speak to over the past 8 years. Thank you.

VOLUME 14

I drove up to Ann's town, middle of Easter week holidays, to do some outreach with her. Lizzie, my 'ministry' dog was 'off duty' (town too big and noisy for her) so I took the bus and arrived at the edge of the large town an hour early and walked into the centre. Doing so, I noticed an extremely large church, which was open. There was a huge board outside advertising "cards for sale, gifts, rosaries.....etc, etc." I was puzzled because I didn't think this was a Catholic church. As I was killing time I decided to pop inside and on a gift table were small statuettes (a small statue) of Mary, rosary beads, other gifts, greeting cards and so on.

A man was sitting at the back and I approached him and asked him if I was in a Catholic church. "No, this is Church of England,” he said. "Oh, I thought it was a Catholic church because you have statuettes of Mary for sale, including rosary beads.” "Well, what's wrong with that?" he asked. "Well, why would you want to be selling those items?" I asked him. It was obvious that I was asking too many questions, or he thought I was about to because he referred me to a woman who was approaching us.

I repeated the same questions to her. Firstly she told me that the church was Anglo-Catholic. I asked her to excuse my ignorance, but I had never heard of this type of church. The man replied, "it's high church.” I asked her why sell these items and her reply was: "Well, we pray to Mary to ask her to see if our loved ones are alright.” "I don't know why you would want to do that," I replied. "We know that if they go to Heaven then we know they will be alright because they're with the Lord.” "Well yes I know." she said. "But we still like to pray to her.” "Where does it say in this Bible (tucked under my arm) here that we pray to Mary? It doesn't. Jesus Christ is our advocate, we pray to Him. Anyway, Mary can't hear us.” She looked blank at me and said: "Yes she can hear us, remember she ascended up to Heaven.” "Where does it say she ascended up to Heaven in the Bible? Nowhere," I said. "Don't you pray for the dead," she asked. "No, I don't, it's not scriptural," I replied firmly.

I continued: "If you remember Luke 16 and it's not a parable, for it's the only story that has two names in it, that of Lazarus and Abraham. Doesn't the rich man ask Abraham to let Lazarus go down for him, to warn his brothers of the impending doom, because he can't communicate with them on earth?" I asked. Neither answered and just looked at me as though I were some alien from outer space!

I continued to say: "This worries me, because none of this is scriptural. This should concern you greatly because it's all tradition. This is not God's word at all.” (Complete silence!) Then the woman said: "Look, here is “Father“...............card, why not give him a ring and he can help you more.” I thanked her for her time and left the church, thinking to myself....no, I already have a Father in Heaven who has given me all the information I need to walk in the light and in total Truth.

After that I popped into a well-known 'chain' Christian bookstore to be smacked in the face by Rick Warren and Joyce Meyer's books smothering the shelves by the entrance. I had to climb to the top floor to find God's Word (AV Bible.) Trouble was the NT small Bibles (for outreach) were now twice the price and half the print size. In fact so tiny one would need a magnifying glass to read the Truth. I left in disgust, after enlightening the salesman that the NIV and other modern translations he offered me with larger print were corrupt, with thousands of omissions, especially on the Deity of Christ.

Could it get any more apostate I thought. Then I met up with Ann. There was much rejection of tracts in the town this day - so different to our last visit here when we met the Muslim college students (boys on holiday.)

Although Ann and I felt this particular day a disaster, we felt it good to get out of our comfort zone.

Vivien

2007/4/9 13:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy