SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Street Meetings Of God, Volume 16

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

The Street Meetings Of God, Volume 16

We would very much like to continue sharing some of the many witness encounters that we have experienced, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because an estimated 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour, with the vast majority heading to eternal Hell fire damnation!

Please would you pray for each of these people and the many others that we have been privileged to speak to over the past 8 years. Thank you.

VOLUME 16

Over the Easter period, opportunities arose (separate from my street evangelism) to witness to people. One morning I popped along to our allotment (garden plot) in the town and met two gardeners inside the allotment grounds. The man and woman stopped to stroke my dog Lizzie and the woman said: "What's that in your shopping bag?" "Oh, I was fortunate to buy two second hand books for £1 each," I said. "One is a Holy Bible with the Apocrypha in it. I've never seen the Apocrypha writings before and I was interested. This other one is a book on early Christianity.” "What is Apocrypha?" the woman asked. I explained and before I knew it the conversation turned into a witness! "Do you go to the Parish church?" asked the woman. "No, I don't" I said. "In fact I don't attend Anglican church anymore since they threw out the Truth. You won't hear about repentance or anything on Hell. Without repentance there is no remission of sins, but you won't hear that anymore. Hell, well, apparently that's now closed through lack of business," I said. (I couldn't help but say this!) They fidgeted, mumbled and made move to go, but not before I gave them Easter booklets and tracts each, which they did gratefully receive. I do try to remember to be ready "in and out of season.”

Both the man and woman are local people. I'm sure to see them again and I won't be at all surprised if they give me a wide berth next time - I'm quite used to that - it's the norm!!

Later I came back from the allotment by the creek and spotted George (see Street Meetings of God, part 8 for George's story.) As I was with my husband I didn't (and don't) make it a habit to witness in front of him (as he is an unbeliever) so didn't approach George on my witness account with him the other week. But George brought the subject of God up!

He said he'd read a lovely poem about God and animals and related it to me. I said it was lovely. Then as we were about to depart (and because George had brought the subject of God up) I turned and said: "Oh by the way, George, how did you get on with that creation/evolution DVD I gave you?" "Oh, it was really good," he said. "But you know I told you, I don't believe in all that stuff, I told you I was an atheist. (Actually I didn’t remember that.) Although, saying that, I must admit that people do call on God when they're in trouble.” (There’s no atheists in Hell.)

"Well, yes, George, I should think they're very few atheist's on their deathbed." I said. I looked across the nearby creek, which was at high tide and said: "George, if you were drowning I'm sure you'd call upon God to save you.” "Yep, you're sure right there.” "It's a heart problem George," I said. George smiled and made move to go.

As he walked off I turned and said: "Remember George about evolution - the big bang didn't produce a jumbo jet - big bangs, explosions never cause anything but a mess.” He laughed and distance separated us.

I pray that George (he's 78 years of age) will give serious thought to the distance he has put between him and God - for there will be a day when that distance disappears and he'll stand before his Judge.

Vivien

2007/4/9 13:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy