SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I had a dream

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: I had a dream

Thank you all for your insights and encouragments. I appreciate it very much. I will seek God for the interperation. Thanks.

2007/4/9 19:30Profile

Re:

Quote:

Intens4Him wrote:
Goldminer,

What an awesome yet solemn dream. Let me encourage you to wait on the Lord. This is the dream the Lord gave you and He will give you the intrepretation also in His time. It will probably end up being very simple once it becomes known... like, "Why didn't I think of that?" LOL But this seems like one worth praying and fasting over.

Isn't this way awesome? We never know where God is taking us!! God bless you.

I wouldn't be dogmatic about an interpretation, it wasn't my dream, but it is obvious that terrible things are about to happen on the earth - even more terrible that the disasters that have already happened. Spiritual and physical things. In the USA and the rest of the Western world, the light is indeed dimming and about to go out.

But there could well be a literal fulfillment too.

But as I think someone said, the thing is to know what the Lord wants you to do about it...

In Him

Jeannette

2007/4/9 19:35
pastormarcy

God uses dreams for many reasons, this dream you had lines up with the word of God...God is and has been telling many people to be ready not just spiritually but also physically...Pray upon your dream and ask if it was a warning for you to perpare for the times to come.
Remember though that Jesus said many things will happen and to be ready and pray..He also said do not worry over it.

A dream can also be a vision...God does not change which means He will still give dreams and visions expecially to those who diligently seek Him.
As for America being a light...we began as a christian nation, therefore we were and still considered a beacon (which is a light) our light has been diminishing for a long time now for many allowed sin to run rampant...BUT know this Jerusalem has always been the chosen nation,and the CHOSEN city of God we who are in Christ are a chosen people grafted into the chosen branch. Salvation was for the Jews first then it was brought to the gentiles then it spread about the earth.

Pray diligently upon your dream...and please dont be offended by this but next time pray before you bring it for many will not understand or will try to give interpretation...If God does not give an answer then take it to one whome you know can interpret.

2007/4/9 19:37Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
What do you think?

Well first of all I think you answered my question with much thoughtfulness. Thanks. Without hindering the thread, I was just curious what everyone thought.

Blessings,

MC

2007/4/9 19:47Profile
ornega3

Re:

I don't know much about dream interpretation, but as we seek God's wisdom and counsel from his word, we can look into some of the symbolism that may have parallels in his word concerning the end times. A book I'm currently reading is a very good help in understanding these types of symbolizing and interpreting: Understanding End Times Prophecy- Paul N. Benware. For those who may not have been more students of interpreting prophecy, I highly recommend this book.

ornega3

2007/4/9 20:25Profile

Re:

Quote:
Can you please explain why you think this is the United States?

I've gone out on a limb regarding your dream, and I know that I will be branded as false.

I was delighted to read your dream, while I was reading it scriptures came to mind. Not those of the book of Revelations, but that of others in the Old Testement.

Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medes/Persia, Greece, Rome, etc.. were all Super Powers of thier day. God made all peoples, cultures and tongues to sit under the branches of these kingdoms, those who resisted were enslaved and cities and countries were wiped out.

It was God's will for Israel to go into Babylon, but they refused and they lost everything and were enslaved and led off into captivity.

What does this have to do with the United States and with the Sun.

The Sun is the glory of the kingdom in whom God hath raised up in this world to be a strength for other nations. If the United States falls, so will alot of other nations who have come under it's branches.

We have seen other nations economies crash, but it hardly effected ours, in fact it was the United States that held them up from falling any further.

But you see, like every nation that puffs itself up and has forgotten that she was a weak nation and that God proved to be strong on her behalf and strengthen her and caused her branches to grow over the entire earth, she is pushing God further and further from her borders.

God is raising up a rogue nation. A nation that fears not God and is of a strange tongue. God will use that nation to correct the United States, and perhaps in that correction she will repent.

The scriptures that I am going to give have nothing to do with prophecy, they just have to do with examples. These prophecies have long been fulfilled. Please don't skim over these verses, these are important.

The Sun darkening: Eygpt

Quote:
Ezekiel 32:2 Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations, and thou art as a whale in the seas: and thou camest forth with thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers.7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

The Sun darkening: Babylon

Quote:
Isaiah 13:1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

For space sake I just put the meat of the verses and so that I won't bore anyone with long reading, it would be best to read these in their full context.

I interpreted your dream, not that I have some great gifting, believe me, I have no gifts. I just used examples given from the word of God.

Quote:
Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

If the LORD gives you or I a dream, He will use bible imagery to show forth His plans, He will not use something that is not in scriptures. The reasons for this is because the bible is His book of testimonies, they speak about Him and His ways.

I ask all of you again, please judge what you have read here.

God Bless You :-)

2007/4/9 20:38
Goldminer

Alabama

Dear Compliments,

I see what you are sharing here. I too use scripture to interpert the dreams God has given me.

I too, as I stated earlier, looked up the reference in Revelation that I knew about. However my mistake was I didn't look for further references as you did. Thanks, that is very helpful. I have read the bible through numerous times and did not remember other verses on the sun being darkened, consquently I only thought about it as literal, and it may be, however you have given me more information to take before the Lord in prayer, and for this I thank you. That is the reason I shared the dream here in the first place. In fact I need to go back and reread the chapter in Revelation in the light of what you have shared and also the verses and chapters you have cited.

This was most helpful. I really appreciate it.

I also can see why you would have though of the USA since I am US citizen and the dream was positioned where I was. Interesting thought, worth pondering prayerfully.

2007/4/10 0:30Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Again Compliments,

I have researched the references you gave in Ezek 32 the word is different than in Revelation:

[color=0033CC]Eze 32:7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. [/color]

In the STrongs:

I will cover =

1) to cover, conceal, hide

a) (Qal) conceal, covered (participle)

b) (Niphal) to be covered

c) (Piel)

1) to cover, clothe

2) to cover, conceal

3) to cover (for protection)

4) to cover over, spread over

5) to cover, overwhelm

d) (Pual)

1) to be covered

2) to be clothed

e) (Hithpael) to cover oneself, clothe oneself

The sun =
1) sun

a) sun

b) sunrise, sun-rising, east, sun-setting, west (of direction)

c) sun (as object of illicit worship)

d) openly, publicly (in other phrases)

e) pinnacles, battlements, shields (as glittering or shining)

with a cloud =
1) cloud, cloudy, cloud-mass

a) cloud-mass (of theophanic cloud)

b) cloud

root
1) (Piel) to make appear, produce, bring (clouds)

2) (Poel) to practise soothsaying, conjure

a) to observe times, practice soothsaying or spiritism or magic or augury or witchcraft

b) soothsayer, enchanter, sorceress, diviner, fortuneteller, barbarian, Meonenim (participle)

Also the other verse in Isaiah:

[color=0033CC]Isa 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. [/color]

the sun =
1) sun

a) sun

b) sunrise, sun-rising, east, sun-setting, west (of direction)

c) sun (as object of illicit worship)

d) openly, publicly (in other phrases)

e) pinnacles, battlements, shields (as glittering or shining)

shall be darkened =
1) to be or become dark, grow dim, be darkened, be black, be hidden

a) (Qal)

1) to be or grow dark

2) to have a dark colour

3) to grow dim

b) (Hiphil)

1) to make dark, cause to be dark

2) to hide, conceal

3) to obscure, confuse (fig.)

I was wondering your thoughts because I know in my dream the sun was hit as in Revelation:

[color=0000CC]Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. [/color]

the third =
1) the third

of the sun =
1) the sun

2) the rays of the sun

3) the light of day

was smitten =
1) to strike, smite

1) to form, mould (something from clay, wax, etc.)

a) used of a potter

(through the idea of flattening out)

I am only asking for your prayerful insights because the first two in Ezek and Isa are far different than what I saw. I saw the sun smitten as in Rev.

Do you see the difference?

2007/4/10 11:32Profile
roadsign

Re:

On Apr. 21, 2000 I visited someone who shared all about the wonderful blessings that were falling on her church. Indeed God was blessing its ministries. That evening I asked God for his opinion about that church. He gave me this:

“Hear and pay attention,
do not be arrogant,
for the LORD has spoken.
Give glory to the LORD your God
before he brings the darkness,
before your feet stumble
on the darkening hills.
You hope for light,
but he will turn it to thick darkness
and change it to deep gloom.” Jer. 13: 15, 16

At the time I assumed that it was a warning against pride in that particular congregation. But of course it has wider implications.

Then on Sept. 11, 2001, just moments after watching, live, the collapse of the second tower, I again asked God for his opinion. He gave me this:

”’Sound the trumpet throughout the land!'
Cry aloud and say:
'Gather together!
Let us flee to the fortified cities!'
6 Raise the signal to go to Zion!
Flee for safety without delay!
For I am bringing disaster from the north,
even terrible destruction."

7 A lion has come out of his lair;
a destroyer of nations has set out.
He has left his place
to lay waste your land.
Your towns will lie in ruins
without inhabitant.
8 So put on sackcloth,
lament and wail,
for the fierce anger of the LORD
has not turned away from us.” from Jer. 4

It would seem that God is trying to get our attention - be it in dreams, world events, or otherwise.

Diane

2007/4/10 14:14Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Wow, this seems very similar to a dream I had last week. In my dream I was looking toward the horizon when I saw a mushroom cloud appear. As I was waking up, I was going over a shopping list in my mind. I was somewhere between sleep and waking and I kept thinking "Six months...we need 6 months worth of food and water." I was even going to tell my husband that when we get our tax return, I'd like to take a few hundred dollars to store dry goods, can goods, and water.

2007/4/10 15:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy