SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Luke 18:9-14 God be merciful to me a sinner.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Sure Chris - I understand.

I am not speakin of Gods true Church, which consists of both the on-fire remnant and the lukewarm who are waiting to be revived. I am speaking of the imposter harlot that most people associate with hte "church".

I not only stand with the authority of scripture, but the main preachers (Wilkerson, Washer, Ravenhill, etc) on this site also. I am not saying anything more then they are saying, nor anything more then scripture clearly warns of in the last days.

I am definately learning to be careful of my dealings with the true Church and not to "throw the baby out with the bath water". My comments are not aimed at the true Church though (which are the regenerate people set apart as the bride of Christ and unified in Spirit)

This calls for far more dialog then I can type right now, but hope this clears things up a little, though it probably begs more discussion.

-Jim

2007/4/10 21:21
rookie

Re:

Brother Jim,

I hear what you have said, for I have believed it myself. We all are being called out of this worldly system. Yet we are all called out for a reason, so that others might ask about the reason for which we hope. We are called out to be a light onto darkness. Plus we all have different callings. So as you have said, there probably should be more dialog concerning this issue that always seems to be in the background on SI.

In my own situation, it was the sin of the Pharisee. In others, it is what God has led them to do for a time...

I have found that I need the church. Whether it is 5 people or 100 people. I say this because it is God's ordained creation. Paul did not write to the Roman or the Corinthian. He wrote to the Romans and the Corinthians.

Do we deceive ourselves into thinking that there are none like me? Do we say like Elijah,

Romans 11:

2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 "Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life"?* 4 But what does the divine response say to him? "I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal."

My Lord showed me in Revelation, the condition of His churches. It was my vain imagination, that thought there must be a perfect church somewhere. We are called to be salt, are we willing to give our life as the sacrifice?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/4/10 22:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy