SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I cannot come down

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I cannot come down

Was feeling rather “down” today because it seems I’m not really doing much spiritually these days, just “drifting”…

Yesterday a friend asked “what plans do you have?” (re serving the Lord or His direction for the future she meant) But I don’t [i]have[/i] any plans any more, just going day by day with the Lord as best as I know how.

Deep down I knew that this is exactly where the Lord wants me at the moment, but the question was still disturbing.

Then the words of Nehemiah came booming through my mind, “I AM DOING A GREAT WORK AND I CANNOT COME DOWN” (Neh 6:3)

The amazing thing was that it seemed the Lord Himself was saying it.
…He is doing a great work – in me? – and therefore I cannot “come down” and get involved in other things?

Yes, but it was more than that.

Then it hit me; of course – THE CROSS! Like Nehemiah, Jesus Himself was tempted to “come down”, and the answer was the same (though not put into words)

[b][i]“I AM DOING A GREAT WORK AND I CANNOT COME DOWN”[/i][/b]

Sometimes the work of God is just to stay where you are, no matter what the temptation to move.

Love in Him

Jeannette

2007/4/8 17:59

Re: I cannot come down

Quote:
“I AM DOING A GREAT WORK AND I CANNOT COME DOWN”

Thanks Jeanette for that encouraging word, your not the only one who is 'drifting'. Not drifting away from the LORD(tho it feels that way at times), just seems to be a stand still. Not going to the right or the left, knowing that going back there is no life, not turning to the left into error or to the right into legalism, but straight ahead is my walk, but I am standing there on the path wondering why I have stopped.

I begin to take inventory of my life, and sometimes I can be down right nasty towards myself. I wonder if I am spending too much time with friends or on the internet.

But I hear ya Sis, I wish I had an answer.

Com

2007/4/8 18:18
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Good word. :-)

2007/4/8 18:22Profile
Tears_of_joy

Quote:
Yesterday a friend asked “what plans do you have?” (re serving the Lord or His direction for the future she meant) But I don’t have any plans any more, just going day by day with the Lord as best as I know how.

Quote:
Sometimes the work of God is just to stay where you are, no matter what the temptation to move.

Sister, I am there. I know what you mean. Thank you for the encouraging word.

Psa 46:8 [b]Come, behold[/b] the works of the Lord, Who has made desolations in the earth.
Psa 46:9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariot in the fire.
Psa 46:10 [b]Be still, and know that I am God;[/b] I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

2007/4/8 18:38Profile
ornega3

Hi, I just wanted to add a few words which I’m certain of from my faith. I too have been exactly where you are and it seems can ever be a case with where one is in their walk. The Lord does what he wills, and I can say that what he says to us is always absolutely right relative to everything that involves one’s present situation. He is the Wonderful Counselor; his wisdom and counsel are perfect.

Direction is an important issue. We can view matters with the right sieve of his word. Whatever matters there may be, he gives us insight into, with the truth and real understanding. In the 3-D world, there are supposed 3 axis, both positive and negative x,y and z. It is so right that we would not want to stray either to the left nor the right, and certainly view matters of the past and future with his wisdom, keeping our minds on the things above.

It seems the situation of directions has always been the same through the history of mankind, and thank God that he has sent the one who is able to do for us what we cannot do of ourselves. Something that, recently has been personally on my heart hearing his word is ‘no fear’. This has it’s general and specific contexts as well. I hope those of SI would be motivated to a closer walk with him in this.

ornega3

Isa. 28:16

2007/4/8 18:56Profile

Jeanette,

Thank you for sharing this. It is very real.

ornega3 said

Quote:
personally on my heart hearing his word is ‘no fear’

This word was spoken to me several times last year by one of the brethren I met through SI and it has both challenged and blessed me.

I believe it is very relevant to each of us to embrace it and if we [b]do[/b] find fear, not to ignore it, but to avail ourselves of the deliverance which comes through Christ Jesus to bring us into meaningful contact with our Father.

Jesus could never have despised the shame of the cross, (Heb 12) if He had been frightened of any aspect of its meaning for Him, and we must somehow come to that big-hearted place where neither principalities nor powers, life nor death, devils nor evil men, so intimidate us that we cannot [u]stand[/u] for Him.

(Believe me, I speak to myself.)

2007/4/8 19:06
Nellie

Good word, Jeanette.
Thank-God, it is Him who works IN us, to will and to do of His good pleasure. Phil:2:13.
God Bless all SI Members.
Nellie

2007/4/8 19:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy