SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christ is risen!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christ is risen!

English: Christ is Risen! Indeed He is risen!
Albanian: Khrishti unjal! Vertet unjal!
Aleut: Khristus anahgrecum! Alhecum anahgrecum!
Alutuq: Khris-tusaq ung-uixtuq! Pijii-nuq ung-uixtuq!
Amharic: Kristos tenestwal! Bergit tenestwal!
Anglo-Saxon: Crist aras! Crist sodhlice aras!
Arabic: El Messieh kahm! Hakken kahm!
Armenian: Kristos haryav ee merelotz! Orhnial eh harootyunuh kristosee!
Aroman: Hristolu unghia! Daleehira unghia!
Athabascan: Xristosi banuytashtch'ey! Gheli banuytashtch'ey!
Bulgarian: Hristos voskrese! Vo istina voskrese!
Byelorussian: Khrystos uvaskros! Sapraudy uvaskros!
Chinese: Helisituosi fuhuole! Queshi fuhuole!
Coptic: Christos anesti! Alithos anesti!
Czech: Kristus vstal a mrtvych! Opravdi vstoupil!
Danish: Kristus er opstanden! I sandhed Han er Opstanden!
Dutch: Christus is opgestaan! Ja, hij is waarlijk opgestaan!
Eritrean-Tigre: Christos tensiou! Bahake tensiou!
Esperanto: Kristo levigis! Vere levigis!
Estonian: Kristus on oolestoosunt! Toayestee on oolestoosunt!
Ethiopian: Christos t'ensah em' muhtan! Exai' ab-her eokala!
Finnish: Kristus nousi kuolleista! Totisesti nousi!
French: Le Christ est ressuscite! En verite il est ressuscite!
Gaelic: Kriost eirgim! Eirgim!
Georgian: Kriste ahzdkhah! Chezdmaridet!
German: Christus ist erstanden! Er ist wahrhaftig erstanden!
Greek: Christos anesti! Alithos anesti!
Hawaiian: Ua ala hou `o Kristo! Ua ala `I `o no `oia!
Hebrew: Ha Masheeha houh kam! A ken kam! (or Be emet quam!)
Icelandic: Kristur er upprisinn! Hann er vissulega upprisinn!
Indonesian: Kristus telah bangkit! Benar dia telah bangkit!
Italian: Cristo e' risorto! Veramente e' risorto!
Japanese: Harisutosu Fukkatsu! Jitsu ni Fukkatsu!
Javanese: Kristus sampun wungu! Saesto panjene ganipun sampun wungu!
Korean: Kristo gesso! Buhar ha sho nay!
Latin: Christus resurrexit! Vere resurrexit!
Latvian: Kristus ir augsham sales! Teyasham ir augsham sales vinsch!
Lugandan: Kristo ajukkide! Amajim ajukkide!
Malayalam: Christu uyirthezhunnettu! Theerchayayum uyirthezhunnettu!
Nigerian: Jesu Kristi ebiliwo! Ezia o' biliwo!
Norwegian: Kristus er oppstanden! Han er sannelig oppstanden!
Polish: Khristus zmartvikstau! Zaiste zmartvikstau!
Portugese: Cristo ressuscitou! Em verdade ressuscitou!
Romanian: Cristos a inviat! Adevarat a inviat!
Russian: Khristos voskrese! Voistinu voskrese!
Sanskrit: Kristo'pastitaha! Satvam upastitaha!
Serbian: Cristos vaskres! Vaistinu vaskres!
Slovak: Kristus vstal zmr'tvych! Skutoc ne vstal!
Spanish: Cristo ha resucitado! En verdad ha resucitado!
Swahili: Kristo amefufukka! Kweli Amefufukka!
Swedish: Christus ar uppstanden! Han ar verkligen uppstanden!
Syriac: M'shee ho dkom! Ha koo qam!
Tlingit: Xristos Kuxwoo-digoot! Xegaa-kux Kuxwoo-digoot!
Turkish: Hristos diril-di! Hakikaten diril-di!
Ugandan: Kristo ajukkide! Kweli ajukkide!
Ukranian: Khristos voskres! Voistinu voskres!
Welsh: Atgyfododd Crist! Atgyfododd yn wir!
Yupik: Xris-tusaq Ung-uixtuq! Iluumun Ung-uixtuq!
Zulu: Ukristu uvukile! Uvukile kuphela!

2007/4/8 12:56Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re: Christ is risen!

Thanks, Greg . . .

By the way, have you ever noticed that I Thess. 4 says Christ DIED, but we just fall ASLEEP? That was part of our sermon this morning. He fully tasted and conquered death for us, in our behalf. Hallelujah!

2007/4/8 13:26Profile
Tears_of_joy

Macedonian: Hristos Voskresna! Navistina Voskresna! :-)

2007/4/8 14:04Profile
Tears_of_joy

Russians have a very good name for sunday, it is simply Voskresenie or in english "Resurrection". Isn't that wonderful?
I have heard stories how christians have testified to the atheist in the days of communism with this simple fact, that every Sunday they mentioned the resurrection of our Lord.

I don't know in USA and other western countries how it is, but here mostly just traditional everyone greets on this day with this greeting, but even that echoes. Here is other russian story that I just read:

He is risen indeed: You probably do not remember the name Nikolai Ivanovich Bukharin. Many years ago he was one of the most powerful men on earth. A Russian Communist leader, he took part in the Bolshevik Revolution 1917. He was the editor of the Soviet newspaper Pravda, and was a full member of the Politburo. His works on economics and political science are still read today. There is a story told about a journey he took from Moscow to Kiev in 1930 to address a huge assembly of Communists. The subject was atheism. Addressing the crowd, he attacked Christianity, hurling insults and arguments against it. When he had finished, he looked out at the audience. "Are there any questions?" he demanded. Deafening silence filled the auditorium, but then one man approached the platform and mounted the lectern. After surveying the crowd, he shouted the ancient greeting of the Russian Orthodox Church: [b]"CHRIST IS RISEN!"[/b] The crowd stood up and shouted in a thundering voice: [b]"HE IS RISEN INDEED!"[/b] Amazed and dejected, Bukharin left the stage in silence. Perhaps he had learned the lesson that faith in Christ’s resurrection was deeply rooted in his Russian Orthodox communist followers!

2007/4/8 21:58Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Kire, it so happens that today I started reading a book titled [i]Alone with God[/i], which is a collection of sermons that pastor Wurmbrand composed and committed to memory during his 3 years in solitary confinement in a communist cell. I would like share something from what I read today to go along with what you shared.

First from the story of the communist leader:

'There is a story told about a journey he took from Moscow to Kiev in 1930 to address a huge assembly of Communists. The subject was atheism. Addressing the crowd, he attacked Christianity, hurling insults and arguments against it. When he had finished, he looked out at the audience. "Are there any questions?"'

In the first sermon, titled [i]How we pass the time[/i] pastor Wurmbrand writes about asking the guards why they beat them and the replys they would give. And then he writes this:

'"You have two sets of doctrines that do not square with one another: on one side communism, which means even etymologically 'to seek the good of the community,' and on the other hand this treading on human individuals and their rights." The police officers reply indifferently, "What if the doctrines do not square? We have methods to make them square. Everything squares under a whip."

They use this whip a great deal. They enjoy ugliness. I enjoy beauty.'

[i]They enjoy ugliness. I enjoy beauty.[/i]

What could be more beautifull then life from death? Victory over the grave? What could be more beautifull than God Himself?

[b][color=660033] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself[/color][/b]

[b][color=660033]As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.[/color][/b]

[i]In the prolouge to this book, pastor Wurmbrand writes "I did not live on dogma then. Nobody can. The soul feeds on Christ, not on teachings about Him."[/i]

2007/4/8 22:59Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Brother Chris, while I was writing the previous post, in my mind was Richard Wurmbrand! And meanwhile I found that interview with him that you will see in the other thread (without seeing what you have wrote here!)
Most of the stories that I have read about communism in Russia are from him. Amazing stories, amazing testimonies. It happened that I had chance to recieve books by him and they are real treasure. One of them is [url=http://www.amazon.com/Answer-Atheists-Handbook-Richard-Wurmbrand/dp/0882643398]this.[/url] But not in english.
I think we have a lot what to learn, I believe similar times are coming, even worse persecution.

Heb 3:13 [b]But exhort one another daily,[/b] while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast [b]unto the end; [/b]

2007/4/8 23:18Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"...while I was writing the previous post, in my mind was Richard Wurmbrand! And meanwhile I found that interview with him that you will see in the other thread (without seeing what you have wrote here!)"

I noticed that too brother :-). They were put up only two minutes apart. Am reading it now.

2007/4/8 23:27Profile

Re:

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
Macedonian: Hristos Voskresna! Navistina Voskresna! :-)

Runyankore (Ankole, Uganda, East Africa)
Yesu akatemba! Akatemba buzima!

2007/4/9 7:06

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy