SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : This World May Celebrate Easter, Yet......

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DesiJr

This World May Celebrate Easter, Yet......

I was recently reminded as I was speaking with my children about the Passover about something that seems so painfully obvious but has been so overlooked year after year and day after day.

As I was speaking with my children I started to retell the story of the first passover (Exodus 11-13). And as we were thinking of the events that were unfolding it came to us.

The whole purpose of the Passover was so that God's people would be set free from the bonds of slavery from Egypt. This was the reason.

Now as we think of the Passover that Jesus performed and how it relates to that original Passover we can see that the whole purpose that Christ died was of course so that we could have peace with God and that our sins could be forgiven and that the punishment that we deserve would be placed on the sacrificial Lamb.....but this beautiful story doesn't stop here! It's only beginning.

Israel was to eat the lamb in haste fully clothed as if prepared to go on a trip. As they took part in the passover dinner there was a purpose. They were about to embark on a journey of liberty. There was a life to live dedicated to God. THERE WAS A LIFE TO LIVE!! dedicated to God fulfillng His purposes.

The world may celebrate easter ---- God's people should celebrate the Passover. The Passover is a celebration of liberty from the bondage of the world. Bondage in our thoughts, actions, decisions, motivations, emotions. Yet we go on year after year oblivious to the greater purpose of this great sacrifice God has given us. The purpose of a journey of a life dedicated to the service of God through Christ.

Exodus 13:14
14And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:

2007/4/7 14:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy