SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God love or hate sinners?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Hate, Love & Anger

Having seen so many times in the scriptures how much God hates sin, and how God also
hates the sinner, if it weren't for grace through Jesus' righteousness in Christians, I'd be
terrified.

I listened to the Finney teaching on God's Anger, and kept on thinking to myself how
grateful I am to be under grace when I sin, for at least I have time to repent as soon as the
Holy Spirit convicts me of having failed again.

And I know that that same grace will keep me safe at my death or the rapture, if I have
stumbled, and bring a few sins with me to Jesus' feet.

That is why I do not fear God's wrath. I reverance Him, worship and value Him, praise
and thank Him. But I feel no fear.

But no one else does either, and they don't have the excuse of having Jesus' righteousness
covering them!

The topic of the Wrath of God is so avoided in most churches, that, as a Christian, one
would think that everyone in the churches are all believers! Yet we know that to be
untrue!

Does anyone speak of sin anymore, or the result of it in this life, and eternity?

I want to take one example of what the scriptures say about God and sin:

[color=993300]Proverbs 6:16. These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an
abomination unto him:
17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19. A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
[/color]

Yes, God hates sin, and sinners, evidently false witnesses and those that sow discord being
high on God's list of sins He hates.

But He loves the sinners as well, for He sent Christ to die for everyone.

Why does no one says these things in church? Don't the Pastors and Evangelists know that
they will be held responsible for soft soaping these topics?

With their gift for teaching and evangelism, will grace cover them, who do not even try to
win souls, are their hearts so seared that they cannot hear the Holy Spirit rebuking them?

When you hit the Great White Throne Judgement, it will because you did not believe,
because you were not taught why you should believe,

2007/4/7 23:42Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
I listened to the Finney teaching on God's Anger, and kept on thinking to myself how grateful I am to be under grace when I sin, for at least I have time to repent as soon as the Holy Spirit convicts me of having failed again.

Amen brother. I also listened...and agree with you very much.

2007/4/7 23:49Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,he who loveth not knoweth not God for God IS love.jimp....dennis the menace asked why mrs. wilson gave him cookies even though he was a brat answered wisely by saying that she gave not because i was good but because she was good. only God is good. call no man good...do not get caught up in our right standing with God because it is all of Him and none of us.

2007/4/8 0:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy