SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God love or hate sinners?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I think this teaching might help shed some light:

[b]MUST HEAR: God's Anger Against the Wicked (audio)[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15830&forum=35&2

2007/4/6 12:31Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re:

You weren't wrong in bringing this topic up, TJ. I love exploring ALL the qualities of God, even though some people are afraid to talk about them.

In [i]one sense[/i] God loves sinners more than we can possibly imagine, and in [i]another sense[/i] He hates sinners more than we can possibly imagine. But His wrath is suspended right now [i]in love[/i], because He is not willing that any man should perish.

Just like (and this is too simplistic, sorry) in one sense I'm a mother, and in another sense I'm a daughter. Both are 100% true at the same time, without conflicting with each other.

By the way, Psalm 139 says, "Do I not hate those who hate Thee, O Lord?" WE are to have both senses of love and hatred for sinners as well. Of course every time I think about this, I shudder when I think of my own sin. It has a purifying and humbling effect on me.

2007/4/6 13:35Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

here is my limited answer.

does God hate sinners?

absolutely 100% YES! but most certainly not with a "sinful" hate that you and i mostly have experienced in our life, We often get confused when we judge Gods person from his actions. An example - God hates, but God is a holy and a Good God, so is it bad when God hates? no, that is a good and holy hatred. We should judge Gods actions from his person. God can not be unrighteous, therefore when God have people killed in the bible we must not judge him from his actions, we must judge his actions from his person.

With you and me it is not so, you judge my person from my actions. But we change day to day...God does not he is always the same.

does he love sinners? yes whit a love so big and wonderful we cant even grasp it,

how can he do both at the same time? honestly i cant bend my mind to understand this. But God hates, God loves. Both with a hatred and a love so great we will never fully understand it this side of eternity,

2007/4/6 13:51Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Just like (and this is too simplistic, sorry) in one sense I'm a mother, and in another sense I'm a daughter. Both are 100% true at the same time, without conflicting with each other.

I like that. :-)

2007/4/6 14:00Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
But God hates, God loves. Both with a hatred and a love so great we will never fully understand it this side of eternity,

This list of not fully understanding is growing, but it is well with my soul. :-)

2007/4/6 14:04Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Would suggest we all listen to the sermon that has been suggested by the moderator.

It is about 36 minutes in total and is in 3 parts.

God bless.

2007/4/6 14:31Profile
roadsign

Re: God's hatred towards us: Is it possible?

Quote:
I am now only trying to get more of an understanding of the issue.

Today God taught me something about his hatred. This morning I was involved in a Good Friday service jointly organized with a congregation from the most liberal denomination in my nation. Of course, I wasn’t thrilled about participating with those "wicked sinners"!!

During the few moments beforehand I caught myself thinking, “I’m so much better than they are…I see the light and they don’t. … I’ve organized far better music than they have… etc.” Suddenly the Spirit convicted me of my rotten heart – it was nothing less than self-exalting pride. There was nothing in those secret thoughts that could be acceptable to God, and so I became accurately conscious of God’s hatred towards me. I deserved nothing less. But in the context of that hatred, God’s love came alive. In fact, all the scriptures surrounding the crucifixion burst into a splendorous display of divine love. Never mind who read them this morning. They are divine.

You see, it is because of God’s relentless love for us that there must always be hatred. His hatred springs from his love. Love begets hatred which begets love. It’s all intertwined, not to be separated. Without divine hatred, the cross would mean nothing more than mushy sentiment.

If we can’t understand God’s hatred towards ourselves personally – that is, towards all that is impure and unholy within us, we will certainly never be able to understand God’s hatred towards anyone else. In fact, trying to do so would be most hypocritical, would it not?

What do you think, tj?

Diane

2007/4/6 14:42Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
Quote:
I am now only trying to get more of an understanding of the issue.

You see, it is because of God’s relentless love for us that there must always be hatred. His hatred springs from his love. Love begets hatred which begets love. It’s all intertwined, not to be separated. Without divine hatred, the cross would mean nothing more than mushy sentiment.

If we can’t understand God’s hatred towards ourselves personally – that is, towards all that is impure and unholy within us, we will certainly never be able to understand God’s hatred towards anyone else. In fact, trying to do so would be most hypocritical, would it not?

What do you think, tj?

Diane

I think that it's simply beautiful...because it's the truth. I type this looking through tears. Thank you.

2007/4/6 15:06Profile
roadsign

Re:

TJ said:

Quote:
it's simply beautiful...because it's the truth.

Truth shines most beautifully when it reaches our hearts.
Quote:
I type this looking through tears.

May God bless you, and shine ever-deepening truths in your heart as you continue searching!

...the truth shall set you free..."

But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light..." Jn 3:21

Diane

2007/4/6 15:30Profile

Re: Does God love or hate sinners?

There are 4 levels of sin:

Sin

Transgression

Iniquity

Wickedness

The end result is a reprobate mind.

Each stage without repentance makes the heart harder. God hates the wicked because they know the truth, but hide it in unrighteousness.

While 9/11 was going on, the LORD moved my hand to write down these 4 levels, I have the notes, but I don't know exactly where they are. What I do remember is what I have written here. However, what we think iniquity is, it is not.

I'll see if I can find it.

As for God loving the sinner.

Quote:
John 9:30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

This is not saying that God don't hear sinners period! Rather He hears those who worship Him and does His will. It denotes that He is not a repecter of persons, whether your a sinner of a saint.

Jesus called a gentile woman a dog, but great was her faith. She both worshipped God and was doing His will by seeking Jesus. The same goes to the Centurian. Exercising our faith towards God whether your a sinner or a saint pleases God, and Him God heareth or hath respect.

2007/4/6 15:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy