SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Speculative Supreme Court Ruling :)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wsbg

Earth

Speculative Supreme Court Ruling :)

"Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals, violates their civil rights."

Is this a taste of things to come?

I thought it might be good for a laugh.

2007/4/4 17:39Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Speculative Supreme Court Ruling :)

I always thought that criminals gave up their civil rights... that's at least why they didn't used to allow convicted felons into the military.

2007/4/4 17:43Profile
wsbg

Earth

Re: Speculative Supreme Court Ruling :)

Well, all they have to do is redefine a crime and let it equal "not a crime." Then they can redefine "not a crime" and make it a crime. Like what's happening in Canada.. After all, now in Canada everyone can vote (criminals in jail included).. And homosexual marriage is a "right," while some nude pictures of adolescent children are called "legal" because of their "artistic merit."

I reflect on the state of the nation in Canada and shake my head.

2007/4/4 18:00Profile

Re:

Convicted felons also loose their right to vote and their 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Does this now mean when a felon walks out the front gate of the prison they hand him a ballot and a 460 Magnum?

Krispy

2007/4/5 9:58
wsbg

Earth

Re:

I think that if people are allowed to do moral crimes, though there is nothing apparent forcing them to do them, that they are more likely to do what is wrong simply due to the fact that they can. I would rather be a person who isn't put in the way of temptation, than a person who learns that for a time I can do whatever I want -- not being told or fully knowing that in a short while I will have to make account for my actions to a righteous authority (God) and face punishment for what was called merely an "alternative." There are plenty of people out there that say "well its his or her choice to do" whatever. What I am saying is that:

"Perversion is not a human right"

and that if it is treated as such people do not benefit from it. I would rather not have the promotion of evil works to me as if they were acceptable. I would rather be told the truth and know ahead of time that what's legal in this world is often considered a crime (sin) in God's eyes; and be plainly told that my new "options" that are available to me will not make my life any healthier, fuller, or better. And further being told that these choices have been known to result in unhappiness, poor personal character, the acquiring of illnesses, various other problems, and in the end Hell.

2007/4/7 13:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy