SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Which Theologian Are You? (Quiz)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Quote:
letsgetbusy wrote:
Strange that I have never even heard of Anselm. ...

Never even heard of Anselm?! I have to be honest, if I hadn't taken so many philosophy classes in college (public uni) I probably wouldn't know who he was either... except that he was one of the greatest theologians who has ever lived. He also created one of the greatest Theological arguments for the existence of God ever put forth in the language of philosophy (even if most modern philosophers dismiss it).

Many modern day Christian teachers love to quote Anselm without giving credit (maybe not even knowing they're quoting him) =P Although if you listen to Ravi Zacharias you'll hear his name dropped quite frequently.

2007/4/4 1:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
I agree that there should be some in this list that are not, ie: Wesley, Spurgeon, etc. I still had a lot of fun.

I agree... Matthew Henry and Charles Spurgeon have had more influence on my theology than anyone else.

Krispy

2007/4/4 8:26
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Krispy, it would be wrong to assume that those men got their theology out of thin air.

Newton said that he never did anything huge to contribute to science, but that he was a small man standing on the shoulders of giants.

Hebrews 11 tells us to look back to our fathers of faith, and Leonard Ravenhill also encouraged believers to find out about those great men and women of God before us. Certainly Charles Spurgeon and Matthew Henry had heroes in the faith and had developed their theology from somewhere (although I certainly won't put it beyond the revelation from the Spirit). But the vast majority of us will get a good portion of our knowledge on the nature and person of God from those of faith before us.

2007/4/4 10:00Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Is Paul the Apostle one of the theologians represented? I would think I'd like to resemble him the most.

2007/4/4 10:12Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I'm not doing the quiz!

2007/4/4 10:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

[i]For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.[/i] 2Co 10:12

2007/4/4 10:27Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

crsschk,
Well said.

Can't understand the reason for the quiz and what difference it makes.

But, I guess it's harmless. I said, I guess.

God bless.

2007/4/4 10:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Enid, true to an extent ... Seemingly harmless and would depend certainly... With our bent towards pride bad enoough on it's own ... thought it worth the reminder.

2007/4/4 11:09Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Brother! You make me feel better. ;-) Atleast there is no 'satanism' in it. :-)

Quote:
Wow, I thought I was saved. What must I do to be saved?

Just kidding. I think the way they give the result statement is a little flawed, or maybe I am just 'too sure' I am saved. Maybe I need to examine myself.

2007/4/4 14:01Profile
madmatg

asia

Re: Which Theologian Are You? (Quiz)

AAAA burn me! burn me! im a heretic! :P :)

You scored as John Calvin. Much of what is now called Calvinism had more to do with his followers than Calvin himself, and so you may or may not be committed to TULIP, though God's sovereignty is all important.Anselm100%John Calvin100%Karl Barth87%Jonathan Edwards80%Charles Finney73%Martin Luther67%Friedrich Schleiermacher67%Augustine40%Paul Tillich33%Jürgen Moltmann13%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/4 16:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy