SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Which Theologian Are You? (Quiz)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

You scored as Martin Luther. The daddy of the Reformation. You are opposed to any Catholic ideas of works-salvation and see the scriptures as being primarily authoritative.Anselm93%Martin Luther93%Charles Finney87%Jonathan Edwards73%Jürgen Moltmann67%Karl Barth67%John Calvin60%Augustine53%Paul Tillich53%Friedrich Schleiermacher40%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

I must say that I think this quiz needed a little less reformed theology, and a little more in the area of Biblical Christianity. Too many reformed doctrinal stances, and some were hard to sort out.

I don't think I like being paired up with Martin Luther, he had a lot of crazy theology.

2007/4/3 16:01Profile
timmyspitz

Cottonwood, Arizona

Re: Which Theologian Are You? (Quiz)

You scored as Karl Barth. The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.Anselm80%Karl Barth80%Martin Luther73%John Calvin67%Jonathan Edwards67%Charles Finney67%Jürgen Moltmann47%Augustine33%Friedrich Schleiermacher27%Paul Tillich20%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/3 16:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
it wasn't that good of a quiz in it's depth but still gives somewhat of an overview

It was fun though.

2007/4/3 16:10

Re:

This is hard to believe... I answered the questions as either totally agree or totally disagree! And I had to take a tie breaker question. This was interesting but I wouldn't hang my hat on the results. :-D

You scored as Anselm. Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period. He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'Jürgen Moltmann100%Anselm100%Martin Luther100%Karl Barth100%Paul Tillich100%John Calvin67%Charles Finney67%Augustine67%Jonathan Edwards33%Friedrich Schleiermacher33%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/3 16:20
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Awww I wanted to be a Jonathan Edwards!

You scored as Anselm. Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period.He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'John Calvin93%Anselm93%Karl Barth87%Martin Luther87%Jonathan Edwards67%Charles Finney60%Jürgen Moltmann53%Friedrich Schleiermacher40%Augustine40%Paul Tillich13%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/3 16:33Profile

Re:

I agree with Ben, this test was heavily slanted.... and tho I agree with this statement: "[i][b]You are opposed to any Catholic ideas of works-salvation and see the scriptures as being primarily authoritative[/b][/i]" ... I am not a big fan of all of Luther's theology, or his lifestyle. But I'll agree with the statement.

[url] You scored as Martin Luther. The daddy of the Reformation. You are opposed to any Catholic ideas of works-salvation and see the scriptures as being primarily authoritative.Karl Barth100%Martin Luther100%Anselm100%John Calvin67%Jonathan Edwards67%Charles Finney67%Jürgen Moltmann53%Friedrich Schleiermacher53%Paul Tillich33%Augustine20%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com[/url]

2007/4/3 17:09

Re:

You scored as Karl Barth. The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.Karl Barth100%Martin Luther100%John Calvin67%Jonathan Edwards67%Charles Finney67%Paul Tillich33%Friedrich Schleiermacher33%Anselm33%Jürgen Moltmann0%Augustine0%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/3 17:27
Jacob19

Re:

You scored as Charles Finney.

You're passionate about God and love to preach the Gospel. Your theology borders on pelagianism and it is said that if God were taken out of your theology, it would look exactly the same.

Anselm

100%
John Calvin

100%
Martin Luther

100%
Paul Tillich

100%
Jürgen Moltmann

100%
Jonathan Edwards

100%
Charles Finney

100%
Friedrich Schleiermacher

100%
Karl Barth

100%
Augustine

100%

=======
I messed around until I got Finney... I guess this is a calvinist quiz lol

2007/4/3 18:22Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Strange that I have never even heard of Anselm. I agree that there should be some in this list that are not, ie: Wesley, Spurgeon, etc. I still had a lot of fun.

You scored as Anselm.

Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period.He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'

Anselm 100%
Martin Luther 100%
John Calvin 93%
Jonathan Edwards 87%
Augustine 67%
Paul Tillich 67%
Charles Finney 67%
Friedrich Schleiermacher 60%
Karl Barth 47%
Jürgen Moltmann 40%

2007/4/4 0:36Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Wow, I thought I was saved. What must I do to be saved?

Just kidding. I think the way they give the result statement is a little flawed, or maybe I am just 'too sure' I am saved. Maybe I need to examine myself.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity 92%
Buddhism 50%
Judaism 46%
Islam 33%
Paganism 21%
Hinduism 17%
agnosticism 13%
Satanism 0%
atheism 0%

2007/4/4 1:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.