SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : NEEDED: hosting for 130 gb's of sermons (server)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

The only problem about approaching larger Christian organizations is that they may not necessarily agree with every preacher hosted on SermonIndex... there are a lot of people who may shoot down the idea because they disagree with the theology.

2007/4/4 14:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The only problem about approaching larger Christian organizations is that they may not necessarily agree with every preacher hosted on SermonIndex...

I agree that is definetly a problem, but perhaps a good one :-)

2007/4/4 19:26Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
The only problem about approaching larger Christian organizations is that they may not necessarily agree with every preacher hosted on SermonIndex

Ian makes a good point...One of Sermonindex's unique functions is a critique of modern Christianity. In my opinion it is free to do so because it is not formally aligned with any organization.

Still, if said organization interested in supporting SI would not tinker with her inner workings, it might be a worthwhile conversation!

MC

2007/4/4 20:08Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

The only problem about approaching larger Christian organizations is that they may not necessarily agree with every preacher hosted on SermonIndex... there are a lot of people who may shoot down the idea because they disagree with the theology.

A lot of these larger organizations tend to be interdenominational in nature, and thus, not as quick to crack the whip.

2007/4/4 22:17Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Perhaps even consider approaching a conservative evangelical seminary that is not officially associated with any denomination, such as Fuller Theological Seminary, or Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. Perhaps you could "partner" with them in some way that could make the site beneficial to the students there in an academic sort of way. Especially consider that some of these schools have doctorate programs dedicated to issues regarding renewal/revival.

2007/4/4 22:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Perhaps even consider approaching a conservative evangelical seminary that is not officially associated with any denomination, such as Fuller Theological Seminary, or Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. Perhaps you could "partner" with them in some way that could make the site beneficial to the students there in an academic sort of way. Especially consider that some of these schools have doctorate programs dedicated to issues regarding renewal/revival.

Brother,

Some great ideas. I was actually thinking of this also for awhile to get hosting by a bigger run seminary or college. www.ccel.org is run by calvin college and hosted. I would love the same sort of deal to work out. And possibily in the future sermonindex.net could be a historical archive as part of the college, seminary or institution that hosted it.

As for the students and the site being geared to them, I am not sure how profitable that would be. But it could definetly be promoted amongst the college for the research potential on revival and maybe even myself get involved with providing a index of revival related materials to help faciliate this research.

Good ideas. I will keep praying about this and prayerfully contacting some websites and institutions. Please do pray for this saints, that God's will would be seen manifestly and perfectly.

2007/4/5 3:39Profile
pastormarcy

Re:

I found this to be a good hosting place...this is where I am moving my web site too.

www.bluehost.com

It has many features like video and audio streaming, web mail and lots of space (300 gigs of space is advertised by this site)...and other items are unlimited like subdomains...and a free domain, and many other features
the hosting price is advertised as 6.95 a month.

They host church and ministry sites with no problem...maybe you can check this place out and see if it fits your needs.

2007/4/11 7:23Profile
PatSieler

Miami, Florida

Re:

Greg,
I emailed a friend of mine that may be able to help. He's a great IT guy, manages some servers. He actually help us set up the Calvary Toronto website and is a great brother.

2007/4/17 10:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I emailed a friend of mine that may be able to help. He's a great IT guy, manages some servers. He actually help us set up the Calvary Toronto website and is a great brother.

Thanks brother, still looking for some bigger organisation to help make this possible and give a alternate better hosting situation and backup solution.

2007/4/17 18:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy