SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : World Challenge Missions Update: Statistics ... Comments?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

World Challenge Missions Update: Statistics ... Comments?

WORLD CHALLENGE MISSIONS UPDATE

by Gary Wilkerson (Son of David Wilkerson)

WORLDWIDE STATISTICS ...

6,571,497,332 People now live on Earth
1,200,000,000 People live on 23 cents a day
2,000,000,000 People have no electricity
80% of all people live in substandard housing
1,000,000,000 People are without safe drinking water
Every 16 seconds Someone dies of hunger
57,000,000 People died in 2006
10,500,000 Of these were children less than five years old
14,000,000 Children were orphaned because of HIV/AIDS
2,000,000 Children have died as a direct result
of armed conflict during the last ten years

MEANWHILE ...

$8,000,000,000.00 were spent on cosmetics in America in 2005
$11,000,000,000.00 for ice cream in Europe
$17,000,000,000.00 In the USA and Europe on pet food
$105,000,000,000.00 For Alcohol in Europe

JESUS SAID ...

"But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified:
for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
Then said he unto them, nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom
against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and
famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall
there be from heaven. But before all these, they shall lay their hands
on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and
into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's
sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony" (Luke 21:9-13)

QUESTION ...

It's our turn, what kind of testimony do we have?

Brother Julian

2007/4/3 14:08

Re: World Challenge Missions Update: Statistics

Thought i would share this with my family at SI. Got it in yesterday with David Wilkerson's Pulpit Series Newsletter. It broke my heart!

Brother Julian

2007/4/3 14:38

Re:

Thats quite sobering... and wont generate a lot of comments because for the most part we dont want to think about it.

Think about this... how much of that money spent on dog food, cosmetics etc was from Christians. Imagine if they only took 10% of that money and put it into missions...

Krispy

2007/4/3 15:08
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
how much of that money spent on dog food

Oswald J. Smith stated much in his books and sermons that we "as Christians" spend more on dog food or on bubble gum then on missions! That was 20-30 years ago how much worse is it now.

2007/4/3 15:13Profile

Re:

Brother Krispy,

Quote:
Think about this... how much of that money spent on dog food, cosmetics etc was from Christians. Imagine if they only took 10% of that money and put it into missions...

Amen!!!

Brother Julian

2007/4/3 15:23
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I recently heard Dr Ralph Winters speak, and I may misquote him, but this is sobering as well.

"Each year the American church spends more to send teenagers overseas on 'short term mission trips,' most less than three weeks, using more money than we've spent on full time missionaries in the last decade."

It isn't just the American secular people who have mixed up priorities, it's also the church.

KP Yohannan often talks in his books about how the American church has gotten rid of the concept of hell, because it would require people to consider where everyone is going that we're not faithful to preach the Gospel to.

2007/4/3 16:00Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Missions Resource

Anyone interested in reaching their generation with the gospel should take this class: http://perspectives.org/

It's available several times a year all over the nation. It has been an amazing encouragement in my walk with the Lord.

Perspectives is one of the best ways to be sure we really know what God expects of us."
- Steve Saint

"There is nothing that will inform, inspire, and motivate Christians for world evangelization like Perspectives. It will stretch your mind, warm your heart, and stir your will."
- Billy Graham

Quote:
GARY & BARBARA BALDRIDGE, Co-Coordinators for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Global Missions
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Global Missions enthusiastically endorses Perspectives on the World Christian Movement. Perspectives provides one of the most effective introductions to Christian missions available. Its presentation of the Biblical, historical, strategic and cultural foundations of missions will challenge and inspire you to find your place in God's gospel work among the forgotten, neglected and unreached.

DR. BILL BRIGHT, Founder, Campus Crusade for Christ
Perspectives gives people an opportunity to be exposed to the faith-stretching challenge of world missions from the first-hand experience of those God is using on the field while at the same time pursuing their undergraduate or graduate studies on the university campus. The combination is unbeatable. . . . I heartily endorse this effort.

SCOTT WESLEY BROWN, Christian Recording Artist, Founder & President, I CARE Ministries
It's difficult to run the race unless you know where to go. For many Christians, Christianity is like a puzzle spilled out on the floor. Perspectives puts it all together by showing us the box top and helps us understand how missions is at the very center of God's heart. It not only changed my music and my ministry, but the very way I live.
Perspectives is the most life-changing course I've ever taken. It totally transformed my entire way of thinking — and enhanced every thing I've done in ministry a hundred-fold.... It not only changed my music and my ministry, but the very way I live.

DAVID BRYANT, Concerts of Prayer International
The whole body of Christ must think and act in light of these facts.
DR. PAUL BUBNA, Late president of the Christian & Missionary Alliance
Perspectives has helped scores of people move from being spectators to participants in world evangelization. It's a vital link in our plans to be a world-impact church.
DR. LUIS BUSH, Director, AD 2000 & Beyond Movement
Perspectives calls and challenges every Christian to become engaged in the greatest enterprise of all.

LOREN CUNNINGHAM, Founder & President, Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
The whole world will be reached with the gospel when the whole church gets involved. Perspectives is one of the keys that God is using everywhere in the Great Commission.

JOHN DAWSON, Author of Healing America's Wounds and Taking Our Cities for God
The Perspectives course is profoundly important. It lifts our eyes and gives us hope. Against the backdrop of this understanding of our world our own lives suddenly make sense and we have the opportunity to discover our destiny.

DR. DON FINTO, Senior pastor, Belmont Church, Nashville TN
If I had my way, every believer in America would take this course!

LEIGHTON FORD, Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization
For those who want to be part of God's world-wide plan and eternal heartbeat, I highly recommend Perspectives!
BRIAN HOGAN, YWAM Church Planting Coaches, Former missionary with Mongolian Enterprises International
It is the most important single training anyone should get before going to the field! We had to train our colleagues on the field because they had never been exposed to Perspectives! Our Perspectives-trained team was the first to successfully plant a church and give the leadership to the Mongolians!

JOHN E. KYLE, Senior Vice President, Evangelical Fellowship of Mission Agencies
For years I have personally encouraged college students, lay people and Christian workers to take Perspectives. Participants will become better members of local churches concerned with evangelism as well as cross-cultural ministries.

DR. LEROY LAWSON, President, Hope International University
Nothing like Perspectives has ever been available to Christian leaders. It will lead you into a bigger world where you will learn to see with God's eyes and to care with God's heart. Perspectives will transform you — for the better!

FLOYD MCCLUNG, Director of Mission Village, Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
Take Perspectives - it'll ruin you for the ordinary!

DR. TOM NEES, Director, Mission Strategy USA/Canada, Evangelism & Church Growth Division, Church of the Nazarene
I am pleased to endorse Perspectives! Its benefit to Nazarenes will be tremendous.

DR. KEITH PHILLIPS, President & Founder, World Impact Inc., Los Angeles CA
I heartily recommend Perspectives. It challenges us to develop a global vision for Christ's work in the world while providing Biblical, historical, cultural and strategic insights to guide our prayer, giving and service.

REV. JOHN PIPER, Senior pastor, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis MN, Author
I am enthusiastic about Perspectives because my life and our church are devoted to spreading a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples. God intends to be known and enjoyed by every tribe tongue and nation (Rev. 5:9). Perspectives has been essential in mobilizing hundreds of lay people in our church to be World Christians.

REV. LARRY REESOR, President & Founder, Global Focus
God used Perspectives to significantly impact my life. It is one of God's powerful tools in His Kingdom work. Attend and you will never be the same!

REV. DAN SCOTT, Senior Pastor, The Valley Cathedral, Phoenix AZ
I watched this class transform our leaders. Not only did we have an explosion of ministry, but evangelism efforts of our people went into overdrive!

GEORGE VERWER, Founder, Operation Mobilization
Perspectives is absolutely essential for anyone interested in missions!

DR. C. PETER WAGNER, Founder & Executive Director, Global Harvest Ministries
If I had my way, every believer would take this course.

REV. MATT WELDE, International Evangelist, Presbyterian Church (USA), USCWM Minister-at-Large
Perspectives is a dynamic experience that will forever change your view of what God is doing in the world. It smashed my stereotypes and reordered my priorities in world evangelization after three decades of ministry. You may never read your Bible or church history the same way again!

DR. AVERY WILLIS, Senior Vice President, International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention
Perspectives provides Southern Baptists and other believers with the finest overview of God's world-wide work available. I wholeheartedly recommend it for any committed disciple of Jesus.

DR. RALPH WINTER, Founder, U.S. Center for World Mission
We are amazed! Thousands are telling us this course is a superb way to know what God is up to on this planet, and to find one's place within that spectacular new perspective.

2007/4/3 16:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy