SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Street Meetings Of God, Volume 13

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

The Street Meetings Of God, Volume 13

We would very much like to continue sharing some of the many witness encounters that we have experienced, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because an estimated 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour, with the vast majority heading to eternal Hell fire damnation!

Please would you pray for each of these people and the many others that we have been privileged to speak to over the past 8 years. Thank you.

VOLUME 13

Easter school holidays are upon us, with further opportunities to witness and although cold and windy, it was sunny, so armed with a wealth of material and Lizzie, my dog, we arrived at a nearby seaside resort and found many families and elderly people enjoying the sea air.
The promenade is a wonderful place to witness, because people aren't shopping, or in a hurry, they relax on benches facing the sea, reading newspapers, or just admiring the sea views.

Lizzie's the attraction for the children who love to stroke and make a fuss of her and whilst doing so I have the chance to speak to mums/parents. I gave some families tracts and asked if their children knew what Easter is really about. I spoke to around half a dozen families and was dismayed that not one child knew what Easter meant. But I was heartened to hear that they wanted them to! I rectified that by handing out Easter booklets.

There's so much distraction with young children, especially if they're on holiday, that conversation is very limited, so having Scriptural 'aids' are a real blessing in this ministry.

When parents were 'half-listening', keeping an eye on their children, I gave them booklets on the Easter story and gave the little ones Easter bookmarkers. One girl held her bookmarker, absolutely delighted and stroked the tiniest toy baby chick I had stuck on top of it - but then her little finger ran along the line of words "Jesus is Alive” - "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life" - and asked her mum to read the words!! Then her brother came alongside and I asked if he would like to have a DVD on animated Bible stories - and he was thrilled.

Similar witness occurred with a few other families, then I saw a young woman with baby in pram sitting on her own, looking very lonely. She said she believed in God and Jesus, but questioned other religions and weren't they o.k. I mentioned that no other religion has a Saviour and asked if she had received Jesus into her life for even the Devil believes in Him. She asked what 'receiving' meant. I asked who was first in her life and she looked at her baby and said he was. I mentioned the first greatest Commandment and God should be No.1 in her life. "Do you read the Bible?" I asked her. She slowly shook her head to say no. She asked if I was from a church, I said no, I had left the Anglican church and she asked why. I found myself giving my testimony, albeit briefly, about the 'emptiness' in my life in church, not knowing our loving Saviour, thinking I was going to Heaven. I brought in the good person test, applied it to myself and how I failed as we all do. She became quite withdrawn and language was a real problem (I think she was Polish?) I sensed a great sadness in her. I gave her a tract and said goodbye.

Two elderly ladies sat in the sun and gladly accepted tracts, said they went to Baptist church. They agreed that the Truth is not being preached, especially on repentance and it's no wonder the world's in the state that it is. I asked them if they had heard a statement by the Archbishop of Canterbury, whereby he says that he doesn't believe in the miracles that Jesus did. A Jewish journalist told me this last week I told them. "I had to ask the journalist to repeat his statement because I could not believe my ears" I said to the ladies. They were shocked. "I don't know if this is true or not, but he said it was" I replied. With that I said goodbye and turned around and approached a gardener weeding plants and said "Gospel message sir". "No thank you. I don't believe in God, never have and never will.”

It's not like me, but I did not pursue the matter due to his tone!

I drove home thinking of the children at the seaside this day and thanked God that He made the plan of Salvation so simple, that even a child can understand the Way.

Vivien

www.excatholicsforchrist.com/articles.php?PageURL=street.htm

2007/4/3 10:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy