SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When Preacher's Fail To understand The Judgements Of God !

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

When Preacher's Fail To understand The Judgements Of God !

Holy brethren and saints who frequent this web site on a regular basis, be it known unto you - that i would like to address the subject today of calamity and judgement.

Now For the unenlightened, the ill-informed and to all those who simply don't care - we here in ( down under teritory ) in Australia .... are in a national drought and in a national water crisis.
( with almost every state and territory on high level water resrictions )

And when you have a shortage of something - then that very thing you are short of - is equal in value to that of gold ~~ water here in Australia is now termed as being "liquid gold" - by our leaders and politicians " !!

But throughout all this - the preachers of the land do not seem to have any concept of judgement or why these things do happen and at times occur.

Only recently i was in attendance at a meeting where the preacher who was walking up and down the platform with eyes closed proclaiming loudly to his audience that [it is] God's will to BREAK the drought ( to the which: this statement recieved a rousing response from the congregants )

However let's go back to the city of Samaria with Ahab and Elijah being the main players !! The word of the Lord comes to the prophet Elijah telling him to declare drought to Jezebel and to Ahab - and to the citizens and inhabitants of Samaria !

And we pick up from 1 Kings 17:1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, as the Lord God of Israel liveth before whom i stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

Now the little Epistle of James informs us that this drought lasted for some 3.5 years before it was broken and it was only broken at the command and voice of Elijah. ( No sooner [or] no later than that the 3.5 years had elapsed and fully expired, then was the drought finally broken )

Go over now to the book of Genesis with me and we will find in [chapter forty one] that Pharaoh had 2 dreams upon which Joseph was able to interpret them - and it was told by Joseph ~~ that there would be (7) good years of plenty throughout the land of Eygpt ~~ followed by (7) bad or lean years of sore famine - and then all the plenty shall be forgotten - and the famine shall consume the land. And the plenty shall not be known in the land by REASON of the famine following; for it shall be very grevious.

Now the point is 7 years were determined upon the land of Egypt for drought and famine to occur, and no amount of praying or confessing would altar that fact.

As likewise 3.5 years were determined upon the land of Samaria ~~ and again no amount of praying or positive confessing - would altar that situation either. !

Now go with me if you would to the book of Haggai which is 3 books before Matthew: and we read this from chapter one and verse ten "Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth the earth is stayed from her fruit. V 11 " and i called for a DROUGHT upon the land "

WHO CALLED FOR THE DROUGHT ? The Lord of hosts did

And because the people back then did not consider there ways and left off - the building of the house of the Lord-- whilst they dwelt in ceiled houses of comfort and enjoyed luxury. And so God brought judgement to the land, and to stir up their spirits - and to bring awareness to the situation of God's house lying in ruins !!

One preacher/pastor who laughed at the suggestion that drought could be the sign of God's judgement - replied with these words " well if God was gonna be judging the people for their sins ~~ then why doesn't he just [nuke] us all and been done with " ( end quote )

Answer to that is because it is his mercy that we are not totally consumed ~~ and further even in the book of Revelation the judgements are not all poured out at once - but gradually. And further to that yet again ~~ did not God in the wilderness of sin - only send judgements upon the disobedient rebels [in stages and varying degrees] ?

Moses actaullty convinced God not to consume them in his fierce anger - after the molten calf incident ~~ as he God had told Moses to step aside that i may consume them in an instant, but Moses the man of God reminded the Lord of his covenant with Abraham and with Isaac and with Jacob - and further pointed out the Eygtians will only say it is for strife he brought them out, that he may overthrow them in the wilderness !!
( IOW ) The Egyptians would have said to themselves those Hebrews are sinners - and no good and their God brought them out to punish them ~~ just as he has done to us.

So Moses stayed the hand of judgement at that time

It is the mercy of God if we are not consumed by his wrath beloved !! remember the words of John the baptist when he saw the pharisee's come to his baptism ~~ he said you snakes who has warned you to flee from the wrath to come ??

The facts are God has appointed wrath to the world and to the ungodly and to the profane and to sinners ~~ but this needn't happen if we flee from [the wrath to come] as John warned - and flee into the hands of his only begotten son ( Christ Jesus )

So what will the preachers of the land be saying when much of matthew 24 is coming to pass then ~~ when the perplexities and sorrows fall upon nations of the world ?? Will they still be saying "it is not God's will that these things be happening brethren " ?

Will they be saying "ahh it's just nature gone crazy and the effects of global warming" or rather will it be a case of [the seven seals are now opened and being poured out upon the land] ? will the blind preacher's still be declaring to their flocks no need for concern little flock these things will soon pass - and it's not God's will that these tragedies should be happening - or going on around us ?

If the blind lead the blind: both fall into a ditch.

Now hear this you blind shepherds out there - who say peace peace to your congragations " For who hath stood in the counsel of the Lord, and hath percieved and heard his word? who hath MARKED his word, and heard it ? Behold a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in FURY, even a grevious WHIRLWIND; it shall fall greviously upon the head of the wicked.
The anger of the Lord shall not return ( be appeased ) until he have executed, and till he have PERFORMED the thoughts of his heart; IN THE LATTER DAYS YOU SHALL [CONSIDER] ... IT PERFECTLY.

Hannaiah contradicts Jeremiah: Now the "prophet" had told all them in the house of God that within (2) full years the vessels of the Lord's house will return - that were carried away unto Babylon by Nebucheddnezzar the king - and i will break the yoke of the king of Babylon Hannaih predicted !!

Jeremiah resonds knowing he has contradicted his own prophecies by saying " Amen " to that brother the Lord do so; the Lord perform thy words which thou hast prophesied this day. !

Notwithstanding though Hanniah hear thou these words that i speak also ~~ into your ears, and into - all the ears of the people.

The prophets that have been before me - and before thee of old - prophesied - both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of EVIL , and of pestilence.

The prophet which prophesieth of PEACE, when the word of the Lord shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known ( vindicted ) that the Lord has TRULY sent him. ( Jerem 28:1-9 )

But Hannaiah was wroth with Jeremiah and with that saying - and took the yoke symbol - from of his neck and brake it.

And went straight back in defiance of what jeremiah had just said -- and repeated his prediction of 2 full years ...thus and thus will come to pass - and then both prophets - went there seperate ways.

later the word of the Lord comes to Jeremiah: and says you go tell Hannaih ~~ what i said will indeed come to pass.

hear now Jeremiah final stinging warning to the prophet Hanniah: Hear now, Hanniah; the Lord hath NOT SENT THEE; but thou makest this people to trust in a LIE.

Therefore thus saith the lord; behold i will cast you off the face of the earth: this year thou also shall die, because thou hast [TAUGHT REBELLION] against the Lord.

So Hanniah the "prophet" died the same year in the sevent month.

2007/4/2 19:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy