SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : End of 69th week

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Logic

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:

Since your not making sense in your reasonings, I thought I do the same thing with mine. I have an answer for you, but you need to be reasonable in your theories.

Um, I thought I was being reasonable, since philologos knew what I was talking about, not to mention all my friend read it the way I do.

Therefore, please, give that answer.

2007/4/6 15:46Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Logic, I understand your viewpoint and I respect it. I know why you believe what you believe because I believed that way for most of my life.

What changed my mind is when God revealed to me that all of the 6 things that were decreed to happen in the 70 weeks have already happened and were fulfilled with the first coming of Jesus.

2007/4/6 16:32Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Logic, I understand your viewpoint and I respect it.

Thanx, back acha. 8-)

Quote:
What changed my mind is when God revealed to me that all of the 6 things that were decreed to happen in the 70 weeks have already happened and were fulfilled with the first coming of Jesus.

Two questions then, are you a preterist?
&
Has "Time of Jacobs' Trouble" come to pass then?

2007/4/6 18:12Profile

Re:

Quote:
are you a preterist?

Why do you have to be a preterist to believe in things that are already fulfilled?

Do we call Daniel a preterist for believing that the 70 years of captivity were fulfilled in his day?

I have yet to get an answer from anyone regarding Ezekiel 12:22-28, this was written 2500 years ago, while Israel was in captivity in Babylon. A very important key scripture, yet it's neglected. The reason why no one touches it because that would mean they would have to re think their position in what they believe. And you can't do that, that would mean that we would have to humble ourselves and admit that we are wrong. The wealth of the knowledge and understanding regarding this subject, educated from great men, the best of the best would have to be scrapped.
Quote:
Matthew 19:23 Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

2007/4/7 10:00
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

If I was to try and label my position it would fall somewhere between a Historicist and a Partial Preterist.

Let me get back to you about "Jacob's Trouble".

2007/4/7 12:09Profile

Re:

I probably fall under the "Covenantal-Historical". I have looked at "Partial Preterism" but like the gap theory it leaves too many stones unturned, and in essense creates another gap of 2 or more thousand years. The Kingdom of God is today, Christ is reigning in the hearts of men down here on Earth.

2007/4/7 14:16
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Concerning Jacob's trouble, the one thing I don't see in Jer. 30 is a 7 year period of tribulation. I see a very bad time, but the time period seems to point more toward the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D.

Also, Adam Clarke in his commentary says:

"Alas! for that day is great - When the Medes and Persians with all their forces shall come on the Chaldeans, it will be the day of Jacob’s trouble - trial, dismay, and uncertainty; but he shall be delivered out of it - the Chaldean empire shall fall, but the Jews shall be delivered by Cyrus. Jerusalem shall be destroyed by the Romans, but the Israel of God shall be delivered from its ruin. Not one that had embraced Christianity perished in the sackage of that city."

2007/4/8 17:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
Alas! for that day is great - When the Medes and Persians with all their forces shall come on the Chaldeans, it will be the day of Jacob’s trouble - trial, dismay, and uncertainty; but he shall be delivered out of it - the Chaldean empire shall fall, but the Jews shall be delivered by Cyrus. Jerusalem shall be destroyed by the Romans, but the Israel of God shall be delivered from its ruin. Not one that had embraced Christianity perished in the sackage of that city."

Adam Clark, that was wonderfully put!

I grew up believing a Post Tribulation Rapture, when the holy Ghost showed me differently, I often pondered, how did I ever come to the conclusion using the scriptures that I used for a Post Trib Rapture?

Thanks Jay for that insight.

2007/4/8 17:38
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

I grew up believing in a Pre-Tribulation rapture, then moved to a Post-Tribulation rapture, then listened to the Church History Studies by Edgar Parkyns (Must hear!) and now I see the truth in scripture without a lot of speculation.

God Bless!

2007/4/8 20:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy