SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : End of 69th week

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
If the “prophetic stop watch” never stopped, then it should have wound down now and Daniel 9:25-27 is all fulfilled now.

Jesus Christ is the only one that can fulfill those verses and He has.

When you take inventory of Verse 25, you can see all the great fulfillments in the New Testament.

1, To finish the transgression,

2, To make an end of sins,

3, To make reconciliation for iniquity,

4, To bring in everlasting righteousness,

5, To seal up the vision

6, To seal up the prophecy,

7, To anoint the most Holy.

I challenge anyone to search these things out for themselves in the New Testament, and after that form your conclusions.?

But regarding the stop watch, we need to seriously take a second look on how the bible views "The End".

2007/4/3 23:09

Re:

Jay, your exposition on the New Covenant was beautifully compiled. It truly is an inspiration, thanks Bro.

2007/4/3 23:12
lovegrace

Re:

A few questions for you JaySaved.

1. Why are you sure that the 'Messiah' in Daniel is Jesus? (I say this because the same Hebrew word is used to describe men of God and priests, not just 'The Christ')

2. You say

Quote:
During this 70th week, Jesus was "cut off" and then the gospel message was taken to the Gentiles.

As far as the Scriptures say is that the Messiah (weither Christ or not) will be cut off at the beginning of the 70th and/or end of 69th.

24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

25 "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.

26 [b]"Then after the sixty-two weeks[/b] [u]the Messiah will be cut off[/u] and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.

27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, [b]but in the middle of the week[/b] he will [u]put a stop to sacrifice[/u] and [u]grain offering;[/u] and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

So, in the middle of the final week, 'he' (who is he?, might be the prince/messiah/jesus, i don't know) will break the covenant. Not be cut off.

2007/4/3 23:13Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Thank you compliments, that is really encouraging to hear.

lovegrace,

Quote:
1. Why are you sure that the 'Messiah' in Daniel is Jesus? (I say this because the same Hebrew word is used to describe men of God and priests, not just 'The Christ')

First, because only Jesus--the Messiah--can finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Second, the prophesy points to a future coming of an 'Anointed One' of God called a Prince/Ruler that must come 69 sevens (Sevens being a period of seven years) after the decree to rebuild Jerusalem.

Third, the prophesy says that this 'Anointed One' of God called a Prince/Ruler shall confirm a covenant with many at the beginning of the 70th seven/week, but in the middle of the 70th seven/week He shall be “cut off” or killed. I say this because the prophesy says after the 69th seven/week the Messiah will be cut off. After the 69th seven/week must be in the 70th seven/week. When in the 70th seven/week does the death occur? In the middle because that is when the sacrifices are ended. This death will not be for Himself, but will be for others—those whom He has made a covenant with. This death will causing the sacrifice and the oblation to cease to be acceptable in God’s eyes. After this, the people of the Prince that shall come will destroy Jerusalem and the Temple.

2007/4/4 9:13Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: End of 69th week

The best book I ever read on this subject is called " Daniel's Seventy Week Prophecy" by Kevin Connor. Kevin is a Bible teacher out of Australia. This book is available on line at Amazon and in a search it comes up several places. It is well worth the read.

2007/4/4 9:47Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Quote:
What covenant did he confirm with the many?

Jeremiah 31:31-32, Luke 22:19-21, Hebrews 8:8, Hebrews 8:13, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 12:24,
Matthew 10:5-7, Matthew 15:22-24, Luke 19:41-44,

The one who will "confirma acovenant with the many" is not Jesus, but the anti-christ.

Quote:
lovegrace wrote:
Quote:
During this 70th week, Jesus was "cut off" and then the gospel message was taken to the Gentiles.

As far as the Scriptures say is that the Messiah (weither Christ or not) will be cut off at the beginning of the 70th and/or end of 69th.

[b]Isa 53:8[/b] [color=990000]He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for [b]He was cut off[/b] out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.[/color]
Quote:
So, in the middle of the final week, 'he' (who is he?, might be the prince/messiah/jesus, i don't know) will break the covenant. Not be cut off.

If "he" were the Christ, the scripture would have said, "Messiah shall confirm the covenant with many for one week".

However in Context, the "he" referes to "prince that shall come", And prince that shall come is not the Messiah eather.

2007/4/4 14:01Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The one who will "confirma acovenant with the many" is not Jesus, but the anti-christ.

Who says it is the Antichrist and what is their justification?

2007/4/4 14:53Profile

Re:

I am not sure what translation this is but the wording is not the same as in the KJV

Quote:
27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

The KJV says it this way:
Quote:
Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

MAKING a covenant and CONFIRMING a covenant are two different ideas. Making a covenant is drawing up an agreement between parties involved. Confirming however is to make good on your aggreement, to seal it, set it in stone. The agreement must be agreed on first before it's confirmed. So you can't confirm an agreement if there was no agreement to begin with.

For example. My father PROMISES (Makes an agreement) me that I would inherit his property. He draws up his will with the Lawyer. My father is not dead yet and I haven't received nothing,but I believe by his promise that he made to me that I will inherit his property. When he is dead the lawyer comes to me to CONFIRM the promise that was made, to set it in stone that I am the legal heir of his goods.

Lets use a biblical example: In this example we have the MAKING of an agreement and the CONFIRMING all rolled into one in verse 6 & 7
Quote:
Ruth 4:1 Then went Boaz up to the gate, and sat him down there: and, behold, the kinsman of whom Boaz spake came by; unto whom he said, Ho, such a one! turn aside, sit down here. And he turned aside, and sat down.2 And he took ten men of the elders of the city, and said, Sit ye down here. And they sat down.3 And he said unto the kinsman, Naomi, that is come again out of the country of Moab, selleth a parcel of land, which was our brother Elimelech's:4 And I thought to advertise thee, saying, Buy it before the inhabitants, and before the elders of my people. If thou wilt redeem it, redeem it: but if thou wilt not redeem it, then tell me, that I may know: for there is none to redeem it beside thee; and I am after thee. And he said, I will redeem it.5 Then said Boaz, What day thou buyest the field of the hand of Naomi, thou must buy it also of Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of the dead, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance.6 And the kinsman said, I cannot redeem it for myself, lest I mar mine own inheritance: redeem thou my right to thyself; for I cannot redeem it.7 Now this was the manner in former time in Israel concerning redeeming and concerning changing, for to confirm all things; a man plucked off his shoe, and gave it to his neighbor: and this was a testimony in Israel.8 Therefore the kinsman said unto Boaz, Buy it for thee. So he drew off his shoe.9 And Boaz said unto the elders, and unto all the people, Ye are witnesses this day, that I have bought all that was Elimelech's, and all that was Chilion's and Mahlon's, of the hand of Naomi.10 Moreover Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of Mahlon, have I purchased to be my wife, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance, that the name of the dead be not cut off from among his brethren, and from the gate of his place: ye are witnesses this day.

God promised His friend Abraham in Genesis 13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy SEED for ever.

The land here is the Kingdom of God, the SEED is Christ.

God sent His son in the likeness of sinful flesh to confirm the convenant with many in the 70th week.

2007/4/4 16:09
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Well said!

2007/4/4 16:18Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Compliments wrote:
God sent His son in the likeness of sinful flesh to confirm the convenant with many in the 70th week.

[b]Jer 31:31[/b] [color=990000]Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make [b]a new covenant[/b] with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[/color]
[b]Hebrews 8:8[/b] [color=990000]For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make [b]a new covenant[/b] with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:[/color]
[b]Hebrews 8:13[/b] [color=990000]In that he saith, [b]A new covenant[/b], he hath made [b]the first old[/b]. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.[/color]
[b]Hebrews 12:24[/b] [color=990000]And to Jesus the mediator of the [b]new covenant[/b], and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.[/color]

He did not confirm the Covenant but made a new one.
Quote:
JaySaved wrote:
Quote:

Who says it is the Antichrist and what is their justification?

Based on context.
Dan 9:26 is talking about two people, furthermore, Dan 9:27 the "he" that shall confirm the covenant is talking about the prince that shall come.

2007/4/4 18:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy