JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Nicely put Ron.

2007/4/4 9:31Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Maybe you can help me fill in a hole that he seemed to be missing. The "DVD man" (I don't remember his name) said that it was 3 1/2 years after the Resurection that Paul was converted and that signified that the Gentiles would be grafted in, since Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles. But Paul didn't immediatly start doing his work towards the Gentiles. From what I can tell, there are atleast 3 years inbetween Paul's conversion and Peter going to the Cornelius' house.

Here is why I believe that.

Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
Act 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at [color=0000FF]Damascus.[/color]
Act 9:20 ¶ And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
Act 9:21 But all that heard [him] were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?
Act 9:22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
Act 9:23 ¶ And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:
Act 9:24 But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him.
Act 9:25 Then the disciples took him by night, and let [him] down by the wall in a basket.
Act 9:26 ¶ And when Saul was come to [color=330000]Jerusalem[/color], he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called [me] by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto [color=0000FF]Damascus[/color].
Gal 1:18 ¶ [color=CC0000]Then after three years[/color] I went up to [color=330000]Jerusalem[/color] to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

2007/4/4 10:49Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

I cannot defend the "DVD man" because I don't know who he is or what all he is saying.

All I know is that during the middle of the 70th week/seven, Messiah is "cut off" and causes the sacrifice and oblation to cease. This means that in God's eyes the ceremonial law with its ordinances have been put away.

Whether or not it was 3 1/2 years after the resurrection that Paul was converted, I cannot say. But I do know that the gospel went to the Jew first and then to the Gentile. I know that Acts begins with Peter in Jerusalem and ends with Paul in Rome. I know that Jerusalem fades away halfway through the book and Antioch becomes the center for Christianity, and the first place Christ followers are called Christians.

Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of Israel and they rejected Him, then later He commissioned Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles in fulfillment of God's divine plan.

2007/4/4 11:26Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'll do something thinking on it. I've had a few changes in doctrine in the last 6 months or so, so I'm giving it some time. I'm not to favorable of having very many changes in my theology all at once. I want to give it some time. Espeically when it is disagrees with what everyone in my church believes. :-D

2007/4/4 12:33Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

I understand completely. God will lead you were He desires you to be. God Bless.

2007/4/4 13:40Profile
staff

Re:

hi Jaysaved,
Its a bit odd the the bible would be so specific on the 70 wks and in the end leave it up to guess work.

[u][size=xx-small]Whether or not it was 3 1/2 years after the resurrection that Paul was converted, I cannot say[/size][/u]
Rgds Staff

2007/4/4 17:45Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

staff,

The problem is not with the prophesy, the problem is with me. I cannot be dogmatic and say that the 70 weeks prophesy ended with Paul's conversion. It could have, but I am not in the position to say that it does.

Now, the other position leaves everything up to speculation, the 70th week begins with a peace treaty with the one world leader making a covenant with the Jewish people who have rebuilt the temple and set up the sacrificial system, then this one world leader betrays the Jews half way through and tells them to stop sacrificing. See what I mean, it is pure speculation and cannot be substantiated with any other biblical text.

2007/4/4 18:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy