SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : new Bible to hit the UK "Good as New"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Two more (paraphrased :-P) urls to some other sites I looked into.

[url=http://www.seekgod.ca/messageoverview.htm]seekgod.ca/messageoverview[/url]
[url=http://www.crossroad.to/Bible_studies/Message.html]Bible_studies/Message[/url]

I must say that the Message looks less appealing to me. Actually I know a friend who has a Message Bible... perhaps I can do some comparision with my trusty 'ol Bible someday.

About the link you posted, its weird that Peterson doesn't contact his publisher to add the notes that this book is not intended for church use and is not an accurate translation but a 'free paraphrase'.

2007/4/3 15:31Profile

Re: new Bible to hit the UK "Good as New"

Quote:
New: "John, nicknamed 'The Dipper,' was 'The Voice.' He was in the desert, inviting people to be dipped, to show they were determined to change their ways and wanted to be forgiven."

I wonder if Christ is the Big Dipper?!

2007/4/3 15:53

Re:

Quote:
New: "As he was climbing up the bank again, the sun shone through a gap in the clouds. At the same time a pigeon flew down and perched on him. Jesus took this as a sign that God's spirit was with him. A voice from overhead was heard saying, 'That's my boy! You're doing fine!'

First of all, I laughed a hearty laugh when I read this. Secondly, when does the Spirit of God become an actual bird? John saw this in the Spirit:

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven LIKE a dove, and it abode upon him.

These people that sit around with itching ears and their humanistic idealogies should be hung by the toe nails and whipped with an organic carrot.

2007/4/3 16:04
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:
These people that sit around with itching ears and their humanistic idealogies should be hung by the toe nails and whipped with an organic carrot.

Consider what you just wrote...

I don't think that's a very prudent thing to say, if anything it's rather offensive.

Jordan

2007/4/3 16:17Profile
gdcalls

Aylmer Ontario

Re: new Bible to hit the UK "Good as New"

That is terrible and blasphemeous, but I cannot say that it surprises me. This makes me love my KJV all the more.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelations 22: 18-19

2007/4/3 17:50Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Hi gdcalls!

You wrote this:

Quote:
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelations 22: 18-19

My question then is, when are those plagues going to happen? If I understand your usage of scripture correctly it also applies to people who change the Bible in any unacceptable way today?

Thanks for reading!

2007/4/4 16:49Profile

Re:

Quote:

jordanamo wrote:
Quote:

Consider what you just wrote...

I don't think that's a very prudent thing to say, if anything it's rather offensive.

Jordan

Hi Jordan

I'm sure Compliments didn't mean to offend. It's probably another example of "if you don't laugh you will have to cry".

And some of us do have a weird sense of humour.

Jeannette

2007/4/4 18:28
gdcalls

Aylmer Ontario

Re:

Hi Warrior4Jah,

These are very good questions, and I do not have the answers to them, nor do I believe that the Word of God tells us.

However, I do know that the Word of God will stand forever and to take it seriously at all times. These words will come to pass, and when they will come to pass does not matter so much, we need only to take these word to heart, believe what they say and go on and obey them.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

I believe that this verse applies to the entire bible and that therefore the passege from Revelations applies to us as much as to anyone at any time.

I'm sorry if I could not answer all of your questions, but I hope this helps.

2007/4/4 19:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
I'm sure Compliments didn't mean to offend

And you are right.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just being funny about the organic carrot. I should have said, organic feather :-P

2007/4/4 21:37
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Some of these recent translations (so-called) have defaced the Word of God: this one presently being discussed (which I hadn't heard of) actually effaces Him.
But no marvel: "As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men..." This happened to our Lord (The Living Word) at the Cross, has happened to Him in various ways throughout the history of the church, and is happening to Him again now with an intensity that is gaining momentum every day. How many things out there these days are intent on utterly obliterating the Word of God from among men?
Those who love Him feel the pain of all this. "It is time for Thee, LORD, to work, for they have made void thy law."
God will respond to this-- is already in the process of responding-- by preparing His own "living epistles" to be known and read of all men: HIS MESSAGE that will stop all mouths.

2007/4/4 23:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy