SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Spoke to Our Men's Group on the Promise of the Father

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Spoke to Our Men's Group on the Promise of the Father

I was baptized with the Holy Ghost about a year and half ago after realizing there was a lack in my life and ministry. I credit God for drawing me, of course, and for His provision, and His plan to bring all things to pass, but this site was God's instrument of information. So Greg, I thank you for being a willing servant to do this.

I have spoken very little on the subject in the past year or so. Immediately after the occurance, telling people for the next couple weeks what had happened, tended to have them not know exactly what to say. Just so everyone knows what I mean by my experience of Spirit baptism, I speak of the same experience that was described by Moody, Finney, Torrey, Orr, Campbell, etc, in that I received an outpouring of God after realizing a lack of spiritual power in my own heart. I would compare what happened to me to having an invisible pillar of flame go through me. Just to be transparent, I did not speak in tongues, and I don't put myself in a for or against position on glossalalia.

I have not lost my desire to see God move in such a way again; whether it be on me for a subsequent filling, or on my church body, or the whole body of Christ. I was given the opportunity to speak about a fundraiser our ministry is doing, and I felt strongly compelled to speak on the Promise of the Father.

I only spoke for about 20 minutes on the subject. I went back to the latter part of Luke, "tarry...until you be endued." I spoke about how the disciples continued in prayer while Christ was with them, after He ascended, then to Acts; through Pentecost, and subsequent to Pentecost, "they continued...in prayers."

The time rushed by so quickly, and I had spent so much time going over testimonies of giants of the faith that described their personal outpouring experience, I settled on the experience of J Edwin Orr, from his testimony.

He sought councel from a Pentecostal man, who asked J point blank, 'Do you concede you have a need?' to which J replied, 'Oh, yes.' Then the man asked, 'Do you think God can meet that need?' to which J replied, 'Yes, I'm sure.' Lastly J was asked, 'Do you think He's made provision for that need?' The man explained to J that J had been assuming that his sin was what was blocking God's power in his ministry. But it was not his sin, it was his will.

After J, the Pentecostal man, and a Pentecostal preacher began to pray, they found themselves praying for 4 hours. J finally came to the place where God wanted him, and described the experience this way, "It was just as if God poured into my soul burning coal."

I summarized that the lack of our present ministries is not in organization, willingness to help, numbers, or in calling. But in complete surrender and asking for the Holy Spirit. We are running ministries that are orthodox, obediant, and biblical, but we are not praying, asking God His will for today, not praying, asking God for his outpouring on us or on His work through us.

I write all this to say that I think I have chipped the iceberg of my calling. I could have spoken on the subject for another hour easily. Once I moved into the realm of outpouring in my message, I sensed a feeling of true joy, and the human fears seemed to fade away; my lack of experience speaking to adults, my nervousness talking before a crowd, thoughts of what people think of me. I felt as if I could, given more opportunity, delve farther and deeper into the mysteries of God's gift; namely, the filling of the Holy Ghost.

The research I did on the subject I did in the AM this morning raised more questions and breathed some fresh interest on the subject. I just thank God that He has provided for us a renewal of His power and blessing, available to us if we are willing to humble ourselves and pray for it.

While I did not encounter an experience of what I would call a filling this morning, it was a few moments of basking in the glory of His light and provision. I felt briefly and partially what I am covetous for with earnest covetousness; to be in a place where I am in God's perfect will, but also under His annointing; not a measure of the annointing Spirit, but in His fullness.

Just wanted to share with you brothers and sisters today's experience in my walk in the Spirit.

2007/4/1 23:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy