Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Discussion Forum Changes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Discussion Forum Changes

Saints,

I have made some changes to the forums. The "speakers on sermonindex" section has been taken off and all the topics moved to the "Articles and Sermons" section. There were before 3 topic areas for speakers such as: Tozer, Ravenhill and Sparks. There was a great benefit to this in the forums but I do think after prayer and meditation that there should not be a "elevating" and "lifting up" of certain speakers above the rest in this manner.

I have also changed the name of the "lounge" to "general topics"

Also stay tuned for more changes and additions in each of the topic sections. There will be new "sticky" notes with detailed information and linking together some of the best OLD threads from that section. All the descriptions of each section will be re-written also.

[b]Discussion Forum[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/

2007/3/31 23:33Profile
jordanamo

Re: Discussion Forum Changes

Good implementation. I always thought the Sparks, Tozer, and Ravenhill forums were too narrow in their spectrum to devote entire forums to. Can easily be moved and still discussed in another forum like the one you made.

Now, how about you make a forum for Katz?

; )

Jordan

2007/4/1 0:47Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Now, how about you make a forum for Katz?

"Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?" -James 2:4

I have felt strongly that there needs to be as little "partiality" between certain speakers on the website. Praise God for those that are "mouthpieces" and "trumpets" of the Lord, let us look to God not men as much as possible.

2007/4/1 0:54Profile
jordanamo

Re:

I was only joking my friend : )

Jordan

2007/4/1 1:00Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I was only joking my friend : )

Brother,

Looking again at my post it does seem harsh and directed towards you. It was neither. God spoken that verse to [b]me[/b] and that is the reason why I felt led to put all those speaker sections into one.

2007/4/1 12:37Profile
Stan53

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Discussion Forum Changes

Quote:
but I do think after prayer and meditation that there should not be a "elevating" and "lifting up" of certain speakers above the rest in this manner.

Amen! It is Christ we should seek to elevate and lift up, not man. All speakers speak as they believe Christ tells them. And many a good man has been destroyed because of well meaning but mis-guided brethren.
In Christ,
Stan

2007/4/2 11:47Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
All speakers speak as they believe Christ tells them. And many a good man has been destroyed because of well meaning but mis-guided brethren.

I think this is a good move also. I have personally been guilty of focusing too much on men and getting myself out of balance. We tend to get in a rut on things and dull our ears to what God may be saying to us. We filter out what we don't want to hear. That can go many ways. Another thing is that we run the risk of elevating the doctrines of men and their various preferences on par with the wisdom and counsel of God. Several generations of this led to our Lord facing a people that were loaded down with grievous burdens. I often wonder how the whole hand washing thing got started. One man in high esteem had a preoccupation with hand washing? that would not have been a problem but the man was also a teacher of God's word perhaps. Then the man's personal pet-peeves and preferences made it's way into the sauce. We need to see the majesty of God's wisdom and counsel. It cannot be added to or altered and improved. It is in a state of perfection as it is. Jesus said, "Learn of me." That is one letter short of learn of me[u]n[/u]. Not that we don't need teachers- but that the teaching has to be rooted and grounded in Christ and not proof texts for things we want to see changed, etc. ;-)

2007/4/2 12:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy