SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Missing Bees Reported on News

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
nadine

Missing Bees Reported on News

Albert Einstein speculated that "If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would only have four years of life left."

FROM NPR NEWS:

Health & Science

Alarm Over Missing Bees Prompts House Hearing

by Andrea Seabrook

March 29, 2007 · The disappearance of bee colonies across North America, which endangers the pollination of fruits and vegetables, prompts a hearing by the House agriculture panel. Alarmed beekeepers, farmers and scientists voiced their concerns at the hearing.

The scientists and farmers spoke of the magnitude of the problem, which, they stressed, went far beyond a few bees here and there.

It's not just the honey industry being talking about, they said — although it is getting hit hard, too.

At issue is practically the whole of American agriculture. Most orchards, fields of grain and vegetable crops are pollinated by honeybees. And both milk and meat come from cows that eat grain.

If honeybee populations continue to disappear in such huge numbers, the witnesses said, it could have a dramatic effect on crop yields — and ultimately the nation's food supply.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9213661

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 7:17-25

17 The LORD shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.

18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall hiss for the fly that is in the uttermost part of the rivers of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.

19 And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all bushes.

20 In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a man shall nourish a young cow, and two sheep;

22 And it shall come to pass, for the abundance of milk that they shall give he shall eat butter: for butter and honey shall every one eat that is left in the land.

23 And it shall come to pass in that day, that every place shall be, where there were a thousand vines at a thousand silverlings, it shall even be for briers and thorns.

24 With arrows and with bows shall men come thither; because all the land shall become briers and thorns.

25 And on all hills that shall be digged with the mattock, there shall not come thither the fear of briers and thorns: but it shall be for the sending forth of oxen, and for the treading of lesser cattle.

Matthew 24:7-8
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

2007/3/31 14:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Missing Bees Reported on News

Quote:
If honeybee populations continue to disappear in such huge numbers, the witnesses said, it could have a dramatic effect on crop yields — and ultimately the nation's food supply.

America is forsaking God and He is sending forth His judgements to have them to come to Him. Oh we must be in much prayer for North America.

2007/3/31 14:13Profile

It all comes down to this: Mankind is abusing nature. I read recently a disease that is effecting the Honey Bee and it's killing all the drones. The report went on to say that it's not sure if it's effecting the queen, this was happening in Alberta Canada.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but we need an economic collapse. The greed of the world is unbelievably staggering, especially in the United States.

Animals are being mistreated, abused. Milking cows are literally pumped up to produce more than they are naturally capable of performing and they are literally sucked dry. Animals have a voice, we can't hear it, but when you hurt them they cry, they know when they are in distress, they sense fear. And I shudder when I think of how they are processed into meat.

And God sees His creation, He does not turn a deaf ear. Man is destroying the very thing that sustains him.

[url=www.themeatrix.com]The Meatrix[/url]

2007/3/31 17:28
nadine

Re:

The problem is not so much greed only as it is sin as a whole and God will judge sin.

As I read the article I thought... could this be the beginning of sorrows? I'm not saying it is, but could it be?

The news media seems to be unconcerned as we have not heard much about this phenomenon, but I tell you one thing: it should sober us.

2007/3/31 17:59Profile
Rahman

SILENCE OF THE BEES
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/bees/index.html

PBS's NATURE program on this phenomena is very interesting - and it's still a mystery as to why ... Apparently
some of the Bee-Keepers are replacing their bees with those from Australia, costing as much as $450, 000 to do so ... Many said it'll take some time to re-coup such a cash outlay, and that they couldn't take it again if it happens anew ... Of course African Killer Bees are not affected ...

2007/10/30 9:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Bees missing, the southeastern US, most notably GA, is running out of water...now what next?

I am hoping and praying that TS Noel will stall over GA and give them plenty of needed moisture. Our son, who lives in the area, says they need a hurricane that will give them 15 inches of water....kind of late in the season to expect that, but perhaps Noel could do accomplish this task.

Locally, some people's wells are running dry or slowing. The water in our wells come from up north, Tennessee, I think.

Frightening, for sure.

ginnyrose

2007/10/31 15:09Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

WHOA...

Greetings in Jesus' Name Dear Saints by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

Quote:
I am hoping and praying that TS Noel will stall over GA and give them plenty of needed moisture. Our son, who lives in the area, says they need a hurricane that will give them 15 inches of water....kind of late in the season to expect that, but perhaps Noel could do accomplish this task.

you know you're in trouble when you need a hurricane to come through and ask God for it rather than the opposite...

God help us.AMEN.

2007/10/31 18:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: WHOA...

Quote:
you know you're in trouble when you need a hurricane to come through and ask God for it rather than the opposite...

You are right, Ironman. I could never escape the irony of this. We live 200 miles inland from the Gulf in an agricultural community. Many times when we had drought the expression would be heard that we need a hurricane to provide us with some relief. And a hurricane would do that. We never got the floods people futher north did; just a lot of rain that our thirsty crops needed. And we did not mind picking up the branches that broke from trees: we got rain! PTL! But the ones on the coast would suffer from excess winds, floods...odd, is it not?.... The same event is one persons' affliction and is anothers' blessing!

ginnyrose

2007/11/3 3:31Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Greetings in Jesus' Name sis Ginnyrose by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

indeed it is most ironic but more interesting how our Lord doesn't waste anything, with the same Hand He Chastens and Blesses with abundance...there is none like Him!

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/3 4:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:

indeed it is most ironic but more interesting how our Lord doesn't waste anything, with the same Hand He Chastens and Blesses with abundance...there is none like Him!

This is one point that has been driven home to me in recent times: in God's economy nothing goes to waste! When I work to understand this principle, it does a lot to help me accept what I see but do not like. Sounds like faith been given a tough workout, don't ya reckon?

ginnyrose

2007/11/5 11:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy