SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do all Speak in Tongues?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

Krispy Wrote:

Quote:
Ben, did you become a moderator on SI now? That statement of yours is out of line and could be offensive to some... and for no apparent reason. This isnt your website, nor is it mine. If a statement like that needs to be issued, let Greg or Mike do it. I see no reason to chase people away.

You know what Krispy, I'm sorry that people are offended by the fact that if I am discussing a specific topic in a specific thread, that that is the one I want to discuss, and not their little rabbit trails.

I will continue to hold people accountable to the topic at hand, if they don't like that, they can talk to the moderator. The reason we have specific topics is to discuss those specific topics.

If you are coming into a room just to throw random comments around to divert the discussion, I will say something. If the moderators think that that is usurping their authority, I'm sure they will tell me so.

2007/4/3 12:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
My understanding is that the gift of tongues and personal prayer language are two different things. Gift of tongues is a prophetic manifestation of the Holy Spirit and the prayer language is for personal communion with the Lord - praying for us when we know not how we should pray & edifying the inner man.

Give some scriptural support for this, please.

Krispy

2007/4/3 13:08
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

“What good does it do to speak in tongues on Sunday if you have been using your tongue during the week to curse and gossip?” -Leonard Ravenhill

2007/4/3 13:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
Krispy I believe your thought process on Paul "wishing" they could, would be out of context. "Wishing" (in the context your are putting it) is a thought foreign to Paul writings, unless he is calling the believers to something attainable (i.e.knowledge of Jesus). The words there could be "will" or "desire", but "wish" would not fit into Pauls usual thought process.

Well... I disagree with you. I've taken nothing out of context. I've simply read what Paul wrote literally.

Quote:
And also his "rebuke" was to stop the chaos and bring about proper usage (edification of the family and the personal believer; which at face value is clearly brought out in Chapters 12-14), but Paul is not bashing toungues.

Not once did I say, nor imply, that Paul was bashing tongues. In fact, I made it quite clear that he was rebuking their abuse of it. It should have been clear by the first part of my post (which you misunderstood as well) that Paul thought the gift of tongues was a wonderful gift. All gifts that come from God are wonderful gifts... it's [b]we[/b] who do not think that "hospitality" is as wonderful as tongues. It is [b]we[/b] who do not think that "administration" is as wonderful as tongues.

Provost, I would ask that you slow down when you read my posts. Perhaps some of the misunderstandings will go away.

Krispy

2007/4/3 13:13

Re:

Quote:
You know what Krispy, I'm sorry that people are offended by the fact that if I am discussing a specific topic in a specific thread, that that is the one I want to discuss, and not their little rabbit trails.

I just think you're being rude, thats all. And I dont see any reason for it.

Krispy

2007/4/3 13:15

Re:

Hey Ben... 6 more posts and I hit the 3000 mark!

Krispy

2007/4/3 13:17
vico

Re:

Quote:

I will continue to hold people accountable to the topic at hand, if they don't like that, they can talk to the moderator. The reason we have specific topics is to discuss those specific topics.

If you are coming into a room just to throw random comments around to divert the discussion, I will say something. If the moderators think that that is usurping their authority, I'm sure they will tell me so.

"looking unto Jesus" Hebrews 12

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus"

2007/4/4 20:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy