SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Glory to Satan or God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Glory to Satan or God?

It is entirely irrational to believe that a sin-hating God would not make complete provisions for the creation He loves to live free from sin.

Jesus came to destroy the work of the devil. 1John 3:8

Christ was manifested to take away our sins. 1John 3:5

The indwelling Holy Spirit works in us to live actually and literally righteous. Heb 13:21

To say a Christian cannot live free from sin is to completely degrade the cleansing power of Jesus' blood! 1John 1:7

To say total holiness is an impossibility, while total depravity is clearly possible, is to give the devil more power then God!

If we say that we cannot stop sinning, the devil get's the glory.

But if we say we can do all things through Christ, and can therefore stop sinning, Jesus Christ get's the glory!

2Ti 4:18 - And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2007/3/30 15:22
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Glory to Satan or God?

Wow, that's really good Lazarus1719! Thanks for sharing these verses.

Jordan

2007/3/30 17:12Profile

Neither the righteousness nor the Glory are ours, only HIS!

Thanks Lazarus

Jeannette

2007/3/30 18:06
vico

Amen brother!

It is the word of God, therefore it is true.

2007/3/30 18:49Profile

Re:

What corrupted adam and eve? Was it the sin of disobedience?
It was the knowledge of good and evil that corrupted them. Their eyes were opened to good and evil, the law written on their heart, their conscience. The only way to destroy sin would be to destroy the conscience. That's impossible. It might become caliced and hard but it's still there. The feeling may be gone but it's still there.

By the law is the knowledge of sin. A little child is innocent because it cannot dicern good from evil. Once our eyes are opened, the knowledge of good and evil, we die to God.

Jesus payed for all sin. All have been reconciled in the fathers eyes. It's our choice to die in our sins or except the payment for sin, Jesus. If we choose to die in our sins, we face the white throne judgement.

2007/3/30 20:53
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: The Sin of Adam & Eve

Quote:

chiefosiners wrote:
What corrupted adam and eve? Was it the sin of disobedience?

Actually, it wasn't merely disobedience, but the sin of Pride, that leads one to believe that one can disobey, and get away with it.

Quote:
It was the knowledge of good and evil that corrupted them. Their eyes were opened to good and evil,the law written on their heart, their conscience.

Although having their eyes opened to good and evil certainly gave us all a sin nature, and from that point onward mankind has known what is good and what is evil, the law is not written on anyone's heart until they receive Christ as their saviour.

[color=993300]Hebrews 8:7. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; [b]I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
[/b][/color]

Blessings,

2007/3/30 22:00Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,could it have been the rejection of the tree of life which was also in the garden? we will never have eternal life until we come to the cross of Christ(tree of life).the knowledge of good and evil (religion... works) is the way that exalts man and dooms him at the same time. jimp

2007/3/31 1:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy