SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : After the Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

After the Rapture

Years ago I read part of the Left Behind series and I've always had a question since then. Does it say in the Bible that there will be Christians after the rapture and will they be with Christ when He sets up His kingdom on earth? It seemed like the authors were saying that there would be another chance for those left behind.

Jordan

2007/3/29 15:33Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re: After the Rapture

I am glad you bring this up because it is dangerous to assume that a person gets a 'second chance' to accept Christ. The Bible does not mention anything about another chance at redemption after the rapture.

I am reminded of the parable of the 10 virgins in Matthew 25:10-13
"And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

These verses tell me that there is no second chance, if you are not ready when Jesus comes, the door is shut.

2007/3/29 15:38Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Hi JaySaved,

Your response was really helpful. Thanks!
:-D

Jordan

2007/3/29 15:42Profile

Re:

I think the bible mentions in revelations that there will be those that will "endure til the end", of the tribulation period. There will also be those that are martyred. Those will be the only ways that one could be saved.

I could be wrong about this, but, I think those that can and will be saved are the jews. The gentiles will have recieved a "strong delusion", which will doom them to hell. None will be able to resist this delusion, except the jews. The gentiles will embrace the antichrist and recieve the mark and be doomed.

The jews will turn to christ during this time and the veil will be removed from their eyes which prevents them from seeing christ, (last chapter of acts). This period (the tribulation), is for the jew to be turned to christ.

2007/3/29 15:55
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I could be wrong about this, but, I think those that can and will be saved are the jews. The gentiles will have recieved a "strong delusion", which will doom them to hell. None will be able to resist this delusion, except the jews. The gentiles will embrace the antichrist and recieve the mark and be doomed.

2 Thess. 2
9The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This occurs before the "coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him" (2 Thess. 2:1)

Jordan, glad to help.

2007/3/29 16:32Profile
psalm1

Re:

Jaysaved,you say there is no second chance to accept Christ.Peter definately got a second chance.It was so bad with peter that Jesus said "tell the others and Peter".Meaning Peter was "outside the fellowship".I wonder if heaven wont be full of second chancers.The 5 foolish virgins get a second chance in that they go on to be martered by antichrist.All marters after the rapture get saved . That is why it says they "washed their robes".Why did they need washing?.......Thanks,David

2007/3/29 17:51Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Jaysaved,you say there is no second chance to accept Christ.Peter definately got a second chance.It was so bad with peter that Jesus said "tell the others and Peter".Meaning Peter was "outside the fellowship".I wonder if heaven wont be full of second chancers.The 5 foolish virgins get a second chance in that they go on to be martered by antichrist.All marters after the rapture get saved . That is why it says they "washed their robes".Why did they need washing?.......Thanks,David

David, I am not saying that men do not have a second change while they are still alive. I am saying that once Christ comes there is no more second chance. The example of Peter does not apply to this discussion.

Brother, you assume "the 5 foolish virgins get a second chance in that they go on to be martered by antichrist" but their is no scriptural proof of this. The parable ends with the virgins "saying, Lord, Lord, open to us." and Jesus replying "Verily I say unto you, I know you not." followed by the stern warning to us all "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

The reply Jesus gives is similar to the one He gave in Matthew 7:21-23, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Also, in Luke 13:25-27, "When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity."

These verses give no indication of a "second chance" once Jesus comes.

2007/3/30 14:36Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Also look at Jesus' words in describing His coming in Matthew 24, He talks about the flood, and the judgement of Sodom and Gomorrah. Could it be that He is not talking about about how society was at these times only, but also that as judgement came, there were no more chances for those who were unrighteous?

2007/3/30 15:27Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: After the Rapture

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Quote:

David, I am not saying that men do not have a second change while they are still alive. I am saying that once Christ comes there is no more second chance. The example of Peter does not apply to this discussion.

Brother, you assume "the 5 foolish virgins get a second chance in that they go on to be martered by antichrist" but their is no scriptural proof of this. The parable ends with the virgins "saying, Lord, Lord, open to us." and Jesus replying "Verily I say unto you, I know you not." followed by the stern warning to us all "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

The reply Jesus gives is similar to the one He gave in Matthew 7:21-23, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Also, in Luke 13:25-27, "When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity."

These verses give no indication of a "second chance" once Jesus comes.

What about all those people during the Millenium? At the end of the thousand years, Lucifer is released from the pit to test and try the Christians, to see if their yes to Jesus the King was truly a yes, and that they will not be swayed by the Evil One.

The only time that there will be no further chances that we know of for anyone to become a Christian is after the White Throne Judgement, when everyone, except those who have been through the Judgement of the Lamb, including the resurrected dead from all times, will be judged.

This is why being caught up in the Rapture is so important. We will not be judged for sin, but only for righteous works done out of love alone for Jesus.

Blessings,

2007/3/30 21:33Profile
psalm1

Re:

uniquewebrev,Was that a 3 tier post? Am I caught in the middle or do you agree the 10 virgins represent 1/2 Christians going after Jesus and1/2 lukewarm.?...thanks,David

2007/3/30 22:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy