SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great speakers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joseph4827

Great speakers

I feel zac poonen is a great speaker because of the life he lives sets an example for others to follow....

Other favorite speakers are

A.w tozer
Ravi zac
Paul washer
John Mac arthur
Stephen Kaung

...etc

2007/3/29 9:57Profile
Coachmm

Re: Great speakers

A couple of guys I like as well are Damian Kyle(Calvary Chapel Modesto) and Greg Koukl(Stand to Reason)

2007/6/12 15:08Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Great Speakers

These are my favorites

You will find in their sermons that there is a fraternity among them, they often refer to each other.

Art Katz
Zac Poonen
John Piper
David Wilkerson
Paul Washer
Carton Conlon
Richard Wurmbrand
Keith Green
Leonard Ravenhill
C.H.Spurgeon
A.W. Tozer
T.Austin Sparks
Basilea Schlink
Chuck Smith
Alan Redpath
Keith Daniel
K.P. Yohannan
Gerhard Du Toit
Don McClure
Ray Comfort

2007/6/12 16:31Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re: Great Speakers

Most of the godly men who influenced my life are of past generations.

John Hyde,David Brainerd,John Wesley,George Whitefield,Charles G.Finney,Jonathan Edwards,E.M.Bounds,Oswald Chambers,Hudson Taylor,Jonathan Goforth,D.L.Moody,Francis Asbury,Richard Baxter, John Bunyan, Savonarola,Madame Guyon,Watchman Nee,Rees Howell,Howell Harris,Thomas Walsh,Peter Cartwright,Evan Roberts, A.W.Tozer,Leonard Ravenhill, Paris Reidhead, Andrew Murray,John Chrysostom,Martin Luther,John Calvin,E.Stanley Jones,Thomas Merton,Oswald J.Smith, Amy Carmichael, David Martyn Lloyd Jones, John Knox, Edward Payson, Duncan Campbell,C.T.Stud,'Thomas à Kempis', Samuel Morris, A.B.Sympson, William Booth,Polycarp, and many other godly men that dont come to mind without mentioning here the saints of old & New Testament.

Even though 'dead' they still speak.

"He who praises a holy man ought to imitate him, and if he be not ready to imitate him he ought not to praise him. He who praises another should make himself worthy of like praise, and he who admires the saints should himself become worthy of admiration for the holiness of his life. If we love those who are good and faithful because of their goodness and faithfulness, we may become such as they are if we do as they do. And it is less difficult thus to imitate then if we notice what was achieved by men of ancient times, who had no example before their eyes yet nevertheles became examples for us, following whom we may inspire others, so that the Lord Christ may ever be glorified in His servants. From the beginning of the world innocent Abel was slain, Enoch who pleased God was taken away, Noah was found righteous, Abraham faithful, Moses long-suffering, Joshua was chaste, David gentle,Daniel holy, Elijah was taken up into Heaven and the Three Children had victory. The apostles, the followers of Christ, are the teachers of them that believe, the valiant confessors go forth to battle, the martyrs triumph, and the christian hosts, made strong by God, never cease to prevail against the Evil One; whatever their different trials, all these have been equally braive and equally victorious. Therefore, O Christian, you are but a poor soldier of Christ if you think you can overcome without fighting and suppose that you can have the crown without the contest."

- St. John Chrysostom

2007/6/12 18:42Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

My favorite is Jesus. His supernatural wisdom and straightforwardness surpasses all. Also, never waterdowned or compromised His message.

Favorite speakers of today are John Hagee and David Wilkerson.

2007/6/12 21:22Profile
Coachmm

Re: Great speakers

Doesn't John Hagee think that Jews can be saved without Christ or am I confused?

2007/6/13 2:04Profile
Coachmm

Re:

I found this on a website:

Yet, of additional and more serious concern is that Hagee reported to the Houston Chronicle that he believes that Jews already have a covenant with God and a relationship to God and do not need to come to the cross. Hearing this is startling. Hagee told the newspaper:

“I believe that every Jewish person who lives in the light of the Torah, which is the word of God, has a relationship with God and will come to redemption.”9

This certainly is a shocking statement in the light of Jesus’ words that “no man comes to the Father but through me” (John 14:6). John further writes, in his first Epistle: “He who does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:12).

The Apostle Paul, as well, would say the opposite of Hagee: “I do not set aside the grace of God: for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain” (Galatians 2:21). Paul is affirming that nothing that the Old Testament offered could avail apart from the death of Jesus.

The Houston Chronicle article further reported:

“John Hagee, fundamentalist pastor from San Antonio and friend of Israel, is truly a strange fish. ... The man has a mission. He’s out to attack anti-Semitism. He also believes that Jews can come to God without going through Jesus Christ.”10

The Houston newspaper then quoted Hagee’s own shocking words: “I’m not trying to convert the Jewish people to the Christian faith.”

And further revealed:

“In fact, trying to convert Jews is a ‘waste of time,’ he said. ‘The Jewish person who has his roots in Judaism is not going to convert to Christianity. There is no form of Christian evangelism that has failed so miserably as evangelizing the Jewish people. They (already) have a faith structure.’ Everyone else, whether Buddhist or Baha’i, needs to believe in Jesus, he says. But not Jews. Jews already have a covenant with God that has never been replaced by Christianity, he says.”11

Hagee went on to tell the Houston reporter that Paul abandoned the idea of Jews knowing Christ when he went to the Gentiles. Jewish evangelism, both presently and in antiquity, is not a failure as Hagee stated but a huge success as many missions and missionaries can report.

Christian Research Institute has also reported on this highly unorthodox view held by Hagee:

“Information about Hagee from other sources reveals he seriously differs with the vast majority of dispensational teachers because he believes that Jewish people do not need to be saved, since they are under a different covenant.”

2007/6/13 2:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy