SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Great Dilemma - The Solution (Or Gods Grace)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Great Dilemma - The Solution (Or Gods Grace)

The Great Dilemma - The Solution
Paul Mcgrade

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness and so God created man. Then Man went against God's command, he sinned against God and God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And so the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

Now, when God flooded the earth, He destroyed absolutely everything! You see, God told Adam & Eve to be fruitful and multiply. And from the time of Adam & Eve, all the way to the time of Noah, it was about 1,000 years. So, God makes man. He tells man to be fruitful and multiply. After 1,000 years of this God looks upon the earth and what does He see? Corruption. The earth was filled with violence. Every man had corrupted his way upon the earth. So what does God do? He says, I'm going to destroy them.

Every man had corrupted his way but it says Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Now, why did God keep Noah? He should have destroyed him to! Why'd He keep him? Was it because Noah was a little better than everyone else? Did Noah do something the rest didn't do and therefore God decided to spare him? Was he born with some sort of moral spark and the rest born dead? Was it because Noah was righteous? He did righteous deeds? Because he obeyed God and the rest didn't? What was it that caused God to be gracious to Noah and not to the rest?

The answer's this: nothing Noah did caused God to look upon Him and be gracious to him. If the flood came and Noah waved his hands to get God's attention, if he had jumped up and down on the highest mountain, if he'd yelled to God for help because the waters were up to his neck, God would not have looked if it was because of something Noah had. God was not gracious to Noah because He saw Noah had a moral spark the others didn't have. God wasn't drawn to Noah, He wasn't wooed by Noah, neither did Noah dazzle God's eyes with any gold that he lifted up. No, Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord not because of anything he was or anything he had for God.

The reason why Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord is because God chose to be gracious to him and not to the others. God in His infinite wisdom thought it to be the most wisest, most glorious, most gracious way; that Noah be spared and the others be destroyed. Grace is totally free. It is totally unmerited, undeserved. It is apart from anything and everything about us. You cannot understand the grace of God until you realize that God saw the wickedness of man. That every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil. How could God look at us and be gracious to us? To anyone of us? Man is a fallen, radically depraved, spiritually dead, morally corrupt, sin loving, God hating creature. In the very core of his being he is as opposed to God as the devil himself. He cannot change and has no desire to do so. He loves a lie and will do everything in his power to restrain and suppress any and every truth about God and the more he knows about God the more he hates Him because God is righteous and man is evil. Now how do you expect God to spare something like that? It is only by Gods grace.

If God was not gracious Noah would have been destroyed to. Yet God spared one man. Noah! One vile, detestable, little man and his family. The last thing written about him was that he was found drunk and naked in his tent and yet God saves this man? That my friends is the grace of God! Free and undeserved. Not of him that wills, not of him that runs, but of God that shows mercy.

----Now, God is just. How is it that God could save anyone then? How could God save a people like us? How can God say to Noah, for you have I seen righteous before me in this generation? Something we need to understand is that there is none who are righteous, no not one. So then how could God say to Noah, for you have I seen righteous before me in this generation? Possibly the greatest question that ever could be asked is this: how can God look at one who is unrighteous and at the same time call them righteous, even though they're not? The answer's this:

Galatians 3:22 - The scripture has concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

How could God say to Noah, for you have I seen righteous before me? He could say it because of what Jesus Christ was going to do. You could say that God looked up the road in history and saw Christ's righteousness and declared it to be Noah's, even though Noah was undeserving and was not righteous in himself. So how can God be just and at the same time save us? By sending His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to die. God set forth His only begotten Son. Jesus Christ came into the world, born of a virgin, lived a perfect righteous life. He never disobeyed His Father. He never broke a command His Father gave because He loved Him. He was one with Him. He was with His Father before the world began. Yet when He came into the world, the world hated Him. His own did not receive Him. The world condemned Him. They ridiculed Him. Said He was a liar and teaching lies. They thought He was crazy because He called God His Father. They crucified Him and all this was being done to fulfill the prophecy God would fulfill. This was being done because God loved us so much. It was the only way a people like us could be saved. It was the only way we could be reconciled to God. It was the most wisest and most glorious way. Yet at the same time it was the most bloodiest, most gruesome, most painful way.

When Christ hung on that cross, it pleased the Father to bruise His only begotten Son. It pleased God to pour out all the holy hatred, all the holy wrath and fierce anger of God upon His beloved Son. He did it because He is love. This, the Son of God coming to lay down His life, was the love of God manifested before our very eyes. It is entirely told in the Bible. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. When Christ, in agony, was on that cross, God was slaughtering His own Son. He was crushing Him with the full weight of the wrath that should fall upon you and me. He threw it down upon Jesus, His beloved, precious Son.

If you were standing at the foot of a dam and the wall broke, all that weight, all that water crashing down upon you, would be too much to bear. Christ though bore every second of His Fathers wrath. He drank every last drop of His Father's cup. God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself. And then Jesus cried with a loud voice, my God, my God, why have you forsaken me? From eternity to eternity, the perfect, unthought of, sweetest, unfathomable communion Jesus had with His Father was torn and ripped from Him and this is why He sweat great drops of blood. The greatest of all judgments Christ has suffered, to be cut off from God. The Father broke fellowship with His Son and turned His back on Him. Christ died and was buried in a tomb for 3 days. God though raised Him from the dead; and has highly exalted Him and though Christ once was dead, He now sits at the right hand of God, in the glory He had with Him before the world ever was created. God has given Jesus a name which is above every name! That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

My friends, God shall save you by His grace through faith. You must believe though on the Lord Jesus Christ. You must trust that though you aren't righteous, yet God is able to call those things which be not as though they were. He's able to declare you to be righteous even though your not because of Jesus. Can you trust Him? Can you believe on Him that justifies the ungodly? Are you not sure if you believe? Well then, do you want to believe? Then LOOK to Him who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. Oh, my friend, if you can believe God is true, if you can just simply believe on Jesus Christ, you are saved. Your feelings do not declare your salvation but Christ does! Will you look to Him? Oh, please look to Him and you will be saved.

May God command the light to shine out of darkness again. May He shine in your hearts, the light of this glorious gospel of Christ. Though I don't understand and am a blind wretch, yet may God do a work that is unexplainable and can only be done by Him to His glory. May He do it in each one of you. May His kingdom come, His will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.

2007/3/28 22:13
rookie

Re: The Great Dilemma - The Solution (Or Gods Grace)

Brother Paul wrote:

Quote:
Was he born with some sort of moral spark and the rest born dead? Was it because Noah was righteous? He did righteous deeds? Because he obeyed God and the rest didn't? What was it that caused God to be gracious to Noah and not to the rest?

He was not born unlike those who surrounded him. This is true.

But there is more to this than you see...

Job 36

5 “Behold, God is mighty, but despises no one;
He is mighty in strength of understanding.
6 He does not preserve the life of the wicked,
But gives justice to the oppressed.
7 He does not withdraw His eyes from the righteous;
But they are on the throne with kings,
For He has seated them forever,
And they are exalted.
8 And if they are bound in fetters,
Held in the cords of affliction,
9 Then He tells them their work and their transgressions—
That they have acted defiantly.
10 He also opens their ear to instruction,
And commands that they turn from iniquity.
11 If they obey and serve Him,
They shall spend their days in prosperity,
And their years in pleasures.
12 But if they do not obey,
They shall perish by the sword,
And they shall die without knowledge.
13 “But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath;
They do not cry for help when He binds them.
14 They die in youth,
And their life ends among the perverted persons.
15 He delivers the poor in their affliction,
And opens their ears in oppression.

Also listen to Proverbs 8:

1 Does not wisdom cry out,
And understanding lift up her voice?
2 She takes her stand on the top of the high hill,
Beside the way, where the paths meet.
3 She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city,
At the entrance of the doors:
4 “To you, O men, I call,
And my voice is to the sons of men.
5 O you simple ones, understand prudence,
And you fools, be of an understanding heart.
6 Listen, for I will speak of excellent things,
And from the opening of my lips will come right things;
7 For my mouth will speak truth;
Wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
8 All the words of my mouth are with righteousness;
Nothing crooked or perverse is in them.
9 They are all plain to him who understands,
And right to those who find knowledge.
10 Receive my instruction, and not silver,
And knowledge rather than choice gold;
11 For wisdom is better than rubies,
And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.
12 “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion.
13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;
Pride and arrogance and the evil way
And the perverse mouth I hate.
14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, I have strength.
15 By me kings reign,
And rulers decree justice.
16 By me princes rule, and nobles,
All the judges of the earth.
17 I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me.

God speaks through His Holy Spirit to all men.

Now Scripture says...

Gen. 6:9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

How does God enable Noah to walk with Him?

Now Scripture says...

Gen. 6:13 "And God said to Noah..."

Now Scripture says...

Gen. 6:22 Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did.

Now Scripture says...

Gen. 7:1 "Then the LORD said to Noah...'

Then Scripture says...

5 "And Noah did according to all that the LORD commanded him.

And then Scripture says...

Gen. 8:15" Then God spoke to Noah, saying,.."

And then Scripture says...

Gen. 8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21 And the LORD smelled a soothing aroma.

Do you see why Noah was able to walk with God? Do you see the precepts spoken of in Job and Proverbs come to life in the example given to us in the life of Noah?

How might this change what you wrote in this post?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/3/30 2:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy