SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request (fear of dentist)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
lita

Re:

Thanks for your encouragment and most of all prayers, I appreciate them. God Bless you. Your kindness is Christ likeness. I will keep my eyes on the Lord. Lita

2007/3/30 8:51Profile

Re: Prayer request (fear of dentist)

How was the dentist?

2007/4/6 17:45
lita

Re:

The office cancelled because of the Easter Holiday, so I'm back to see him next week. I appreciate your prayers, God is faithful to answer. I'm praying for walking into the office so relax and ready to sit on the chair. Lita

2007/4/10 21:14Profile

Re:

That is a good prayer, but I would also suggest that you do not look at going to the dentist as a 'big event'. Try looking at it as something you are doing that day and look more towards what you have to do later on and not so much on walking up to the dentist's chair.

You will get through it!

God Bless,
Brian

2007/4/11 7:41
lita

Re:

Thanks, God Bless you today.

2007/4/11 11:10Profile

Re:

to encourage you: A friend was terrified of hospitals and had to have an operation. Her prayer group prayed specifically for release from fear, without specifying what sort of fear. She was completely calm through the operation and everything, and later found to her surprise that the Lord has also dealt with a fear of spiders, and (can't remember what) another phobia she had!

Expecting big things for you too - "above all we ask or think"!

Jeannette

2007/4/15 18:12
lita

Re:

Thanks Jeanette,
I see the dentist on April 19, thursday so again thanks for your encouragement. Lita

2007/4/17 11:22Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Fear of Dentist

Lita,

Oh what a dread, to not want to go, and yet need to.

I've has a lot of work done, and I hate it. I hate the dread before; I hate the tension and pain of even the shots to prevent more pain, and I hate the numbness, the helplessness, everything that the word 'Dental Appointal' brings to me.

So I will pray that between now and Friday, God will comfort you, remove your fear, and hold your hand through the day. And I will pray that what the dentist will find is a lot less than he thinks!

Blessings,

2007/4/17 20:18Profile
lita

Re:

Well today was the day to see the dentist and so he bascially said that I had bad gums and that was causing the tooth decay, so I'll be taking a antibio. for infection and learned a new way (will for me) of brushing my teeth. So in a few weeks the dentist will see if my gums are better and if my roots are strong, he said that maybe a root canal could be possible. But for now its making my gums and roots strong. Thanks for the prayers, the Lord is merciful. I was afraid however the Lord soothe my fears. Please continue to pray, I appreciate everyone for taking the time out to pray. Lita

2007/4/19 12:30Profile

Re:

Quote:

lita wrote:
Well today was the day to see the dentist and so he bascially said that I had bad gums and that was causing the tooth decay, so I'll be taking a antibio. for infection and learned a new way (will for me) of brushing my teeth. So in a few weeks the dentist will see if my gums are better and if my roots are strong, he said that maybe a root canal could be possible. But for now its making my gums and roots strong. Thanks for the prayers, the Lord is merciful. I was afraid however the Lord soothe my fears. Please continue to pray, I appreciate everyone for taking the time out to pray. Lita

Praise the Lord. He may not have taken away the fear completely, but made you able to cope, so you will be stronger the next time you have to go.

Dentists are used to people being scared, so if yours is a good one he will always do his best to put you at your ease during treatment, and stop if you signal that you need a break.

The fear is often the worst part, worse than any pain there may be. And it can happen to the most faith-filled believer. Remember how Elijah fled from Jezebel (1Kings 1:19 following)? The only thing she did was send a message, "I'm going to get you!"

Maybe it will help if you treat the fear itself as an Enemy agent, (which it is!), rather than part of your own personality. You are a child of God, so why should you have to put up with it?! Submit to God and resist the devil. It may take a while, and perhaps more than one battle, (maybe the reason you have to go back to the dentist) but we are of the seed of God's overcomers!

Hallelujah!

Love in Him

Jeannette

2007/4/20 8:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy