SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What will ye do in the end thereof?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Dan777

Re:

Praying for utterance and boldness is fine. Praying for laborers to be sent into the harvest is also good.

Praying to pull down strongholds and for God to sweep the land is not biblical! Nowhere is there a biblical precedent for it! The great commission is "Go ye..", not "Pray me.."

As we see in the book of Acts, the Word of God cuts right to the heart and causes some to repent, and others to "gnash their teeth" in rage. The same Sun that melts butter will harden clay.

What does Hebrews 4:12 say? "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

The Word will do its own work. Just preach it!

Blessings,
Dan

2007/3/28 19:51Profile
vico

Re:

Many people are looking for the way to revival. brethren, Jesus said, "I am the way".

Our trouble is that we're trying to make a copy of a work of God. We look at revivals of the past and say, 'well, this is what they did, they prayed, and preached, and the Spirit of God came down, lets do the same, and we'll get the same results.'

The truth of the matter is, that in the past, men got desperate for God, they hungered and thirsted, they recognized that they were barren ground. They didn't hunger and thirst for a move of God, they were starved for God Himself, and if you look past this, you have past the main point.

We don't need a revival, we need the Reviver.
We don't need the gifts, we need the Giver.
we don't need anything that we can get ourselves, We need God.

2007/3/28 19:55Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
When you get men that are sold out to God, these men will pray the effectual fervent prayers that will avail much! But until then, you can pray all you like, you can weep all you like, you can preach all you like.

Undoubtedly.

When I mentioned "prayer", I implied soul-hot prayer, filled with brokeness, burden, and travail. Desperate prayer. I don't pray like this, and I regret to say that though I seem to have this answer on a SermonIndex thread, I am bankrupt of its reality in my actual life.

But I am sure that the answer is true. As far as I know, travail and agonized prayer has been the common denominator for every revival in history. During some revival meetings, the Word wasn't even preached, the power of God was so tremendous and soul-convicting. People threw themselves on the Mercy Seat without an invitation from a preacher. I believe it's a terrifying thing when the Holy Ghost really comes, judging from the testimonies I've read of the old-fashioned revivals of centuries past when men would agonize and plead for souls with much tears in prayer.

After Nash's intercessions ceased, Finney's revivals ended.

2007/3/28 19:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy