SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What will ye do in the end thereof?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
grace_2008

Georgia

What will ye do in the end thereof?

19 My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.
20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
Jeremiah 4:19-22
Listen to Jeremiah's cry. "My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me..." Surely this man knew the heart of God. The nation of Israel had again turned on God and was continuing in their evil ways, though God was showing them mercy and had warned them many times. If you read Jeremiah 1:4-10, you understand that Jeremiah was simply a child when God first called him.
Jeremiah then goes on to say, "I CANNOT HOLD MY PEACE, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war. He knew God's judgment was coming; that there would be war. He heard the sound of the trumpet. I feel God's anger kindle against America stronger and stronger, for the sin of America is great. Many have turned and served other gods, as Israel did. Maybe these gods aren't statues made of gold or silver, but they are rather tv shows, ungodly music, pride in themselves, or they can be a multitude of things. Anything man puts before Almighty God is his god.

20 Declare this in the house of Jacob, and publish it in Judah, saying,
21 Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:
22 Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand [for] the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?
23 But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone.
24 Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.
25 Your iniquities have turned away these [things], and your sins have withholden good [things] from you.
26 For among my people are found wicked [men]: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.
27 As a cage is full of birds, so [are] their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich.
28 They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge.
29 Shall I not visit for these [things]? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?
30 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love [to have it] so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?
Jeremiah 5:20-31
Does this not sound like America? "Fear ye not me?" the LORD says. Do we truly fear Him, or are we so afraid of the world we "hold our peace"? We should be out proclaiming the gospel of Christ because we hear the "sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war." God judged Israel, His own people, for their sin. Will He, the just and righteous God, not judge America?

We as Christians are God's people spiritually. The church today is God's people. We, as a whole, have turned away from the face of God. We have played the harlot as Israel did. Where is our anguish and cry for this country and for a lost world? Where is our burden for the lost? The LORD has quicked my spirit about these things lately. I have prayed earnestly for a burden for the lost, to be humbled in His presence, to be made pure and holy before this Holy God. Will you speak up, or hide and try to be a "normal Christian" who fits in? "I cannot hold my peace," as Jeremiah said. "I am pained at my very heart, my heart maketh a noise within me." It feels like "fire shut up in my bones," as Jeremiah said.

James Chp 1 and verse 27 says this,
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." Verse 28 of Chp 5 of Jeremiah says, "they overpass the deeds of the wicked", "they are waxen fat, they shine, yea". "They judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge."

I ask you, does that not sound like the prosperity preachers of today? Does that not sound like today's "prosperity" churches? Many preachers today on tv own ten Catalacs and keep saying "Sow, sow, sow". Yes, sowing brings about a blessing, but the church should be using the money to help the poor and fatherless and to continue and support the ministry of God, not build up earthly treasures. There are many sins in the church, God's spiritual Israel. Don't be blinded by this "Christian" facade.
What got me was verse 31 of Chp 5 of Jeremiah,
"The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests BEAR RULE BY THEIR MEANS; and MY people LOVE TO HAVE IT SO: and what will ye do in the end thereof?"

I ask you, what will YE do in the end thereof? Let me again repeat the scripture I began with.
"My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war." Jeremiah 4:19

I am not preaching out of hate or anger, but out of hurt for the people of God. Can you even imagine the hurt God is facing, looking down upon His church that is supposed to be married to Him, but instead we are playing the harlot? Can you imagine His pain? I have asked God to show me so that I will know how to minister unto the world. I want to feel what God feels and see everything through His eyes. Don't you?

I ask you,"What will ye do in the end thereof"?

2007/3/27 21:34Profile
psalm1

Re: What will ye do in the end thereof?

I think many such as yourself are also crying out.This is why revival is so essential.We in america need to be swept by a mighty move of God.Why has revival not come? I can only think of one ansswer"COST".REVIVAL EXTRACTS A HEAVY PRICE.Its not a lack of hungry people,people are starving!.......So who will pay the price?....David

2007/3/28 1:42Profile
Dan777

Re:

What is this concept of praying for 'revival'?

Nowhere in the bible is 'revival' mentioned or call for!

Nowhere in the New Testament does anyone (anyone) call for prayer, or intercession over a certain city or country. That concept is nothing more than 'traditional dead religion' rearing its ugly deceptive head! It sounds so spiritual, but its a useless effort!

The apostles and early Christians preached the Word! The Word either caused a revival, or a riot!

When Paul dealt with the worshippers of "Diana", did he call for much prayer and intercession, "Brothers, we must prayer through and breakdown the spiritual strongholds that are binding these people!"? No! He preached Christ and it put "Diana" OUT OF BUSINESS!!

God does not need to 'sweep' the land! He already sent His Son who took upon himself the sin of the WHOLE WORLD! Rom 10:13-17 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have NOT HEARD? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? SO THEN FAITH COMES BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD." The word 'Word' there is rhema, not logos. Paul is talking about preaching the Word. Faith comes by hearing the preached Word of God! Notice how prayer for revival is NOT mentioned.

You don't ask God to move. He has moved! Now YOU get out there and move, preach Christ!

Paul prayed for 'utterance, and boldness' to preach the Word. He did NOT pray for revival!

The gospel of the Kingdom must cover the world, but it will not cover the world by you hiding in your prayer closet praying for revival! It will cover the world when you get out and preach it, or support someone who is!

Dan

2007/3/28 5:53Profile
grace_2008

Georgia

Re:

I don't agree with everything you've said, but I do like the point you made about 'revival' never being mentioned in the Word of God. I do agree that without a preacher, they may never hear the gospel. But, I believe that it does take us getting close to God in prayer and asking Him for boldness and utterance, like Paul did. It takes us getting down on our knees, humbled before the LORD. However, we Christians do like to let God do all the work. Most people today don't want to preach and pray, they'd rather only do one or the other because both take too much work. We need to pray that God gives us His heart and helps us see those people through His eyes so that we can love them and reach them. Then we need to get up and tell them about the gospel of Christ. One without the other is useless. But, I truly believe that when we submit to God in prayer and allow Him to take full control of our lives, we won't want to sit around and do anything. I believe God will condition us to preach His gospel to others and that we'll have "fire shut up in our bones", as Jeremiah said. Prayer, fasting, mourning, go hand in hand. But soon after should follow preaching. We have to step out in faith and trust that God is gonna give us the words. God told Jeremiah, "Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth," and to "be not dismayed at their faces." When we truly get close to God, we will get out there and preach the gospel.

Listen to "A Call to Anguish" by David Wilkerson. Its on sermonindex.net.
-Jennifer Grace

2007/3/28 11:54Profile

Re:

Quote:
The gospel of the Kingdom must cover the world, but it will not cover the world by you hiding in your prayer closet praying for revival! It will cover the world when you get out and preach it, or support someone who is!

Dan, I am an open air preacher and preach the Gospel regularly. I would suggest to you that you research the practices of the early Church and of every revival through the past 2,000 years, including the current sweeping move of God in China.

I take it you do not spend much time in the prayer closet or understand the service of those who do. :-(

The kingdom of God is in POWER, not in word.

in Christ - Jim

2007/3/28 12:02
grace_2008

Georgia

Re:

12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
Joel 2:12-13
A few verses above this it is talking about the day of the LORD being nigh. Is the day of the LORD not night? I ask you, should we not pray, fast, and mourn? It says we should WEEP. We should be close enough to God to feel His hurt because His bride is playing the harlot. This only comes through prayer and fasting and mourning and weeping. If you don't cry out to God in prayer, your preaching will be empty and dry and will come from your flesh, not from the Holy Spirit. That's what is wrong with a lot of preaching today.
PRAYER+WEEPING+FASTING+MOURNING and then +PREACHING= GOD'S WILL FOR HIS PEOPLE

2007/3/28 13:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
PRAYER+WEEPING+FASTING+MOURNING and then +PREACHING= GOD'S WILL FOR HIS PEOPLE

Amen

2007/3/28 13:56
Dan777

Re:

Jim:

The workings of God that are happening in China, and that happened in the early church was and is do to the Word being preached.

If praying for revival was a pre-requisite for people being saved, then there would be a biblical precedent for it. There isn't!

Paul exhorted Timothy to 'Preach the Word' not pray for revival.

Now we should pray for utterance and boldness to speak the Word without fear.

Yes, the Kingdom is in power. No doubt miracles are happening in China and they certainly happened in the early church. That is why healing should be preached today right along with salvation. Its all in the same package. Jesus took our sicknesses just has much as he took our sins. Healing should be a normal part of the salvation process.

Do you preach healing? If you don't then you're not preaching the full gospel.

How did Jesus get an audience? He healed someone and that provided Him with an instant and attentive crowd and could talk to them about the Kingdom.

Revival is NOT in prayer, its in the preaching of the Word of God.

God confirms His Word (not revival praying) with signs following.

Blessings,
Dan

2007/3/28 18:14Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:

Prayer empowers revival preaching. There can be no revival without prayer, though there is preaching without revival. No prayer, no revival.

2007/3/28 19:21Profile
vico

Re:

Quote:
Quote:

Prayer empowers revival preaching. There can be no revival without prayer, though there is preaching without revival. No prayer, no revival.

But... it all stems back to this: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God." There are plenty of people who pray for revival that don't love God, their not jealous for His glory! Revival will come when men get real with God, when they love the Lord above all else. When you get men that are sold out to God, these men will pray the effectual fervent prayers that will avail much! But until then, you can pray all you like, you can weep all you like, you can preach all you like. But if theres no vital reality with God, if it's not born of the Spirit, and out of Love for God, you're wasting your breath. Let's get real before God.

Blessings to all that are in Christ Jesus.

least of all,
~vico

2007/3/28 19:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy