SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pre Adamic Civilization

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
john1140

A Sister in Christ from Michigan

Re:

The word 'replenish' is problematic, only in the sense of aiding my understanding- so I guess the best approach for me would be to quasi-research the etymology of the word. What i discovered was that in very old Latin, the prefix 're' did mean again, but by the time the 1611 KJV was translated into Elizabethan English, the meaning of replensihed had come to reflect "fill". The Old Oxford Dictionary shows that from the 13th through 17th centuries, the word meant fill, filled, fufilled. The transliterated word for replenish is male'(maw-lay)and it means the following:

to fill, be full
fulness, abundance (participle) 1a
to be full, be accomplished, be ended
to consecrate, fill the hand
(Niphal)
to be filled, be armed, be satisfied
to be accomplished, be ended
(Piel)
to fill
to satisfy
to fulfil, accomplish, complete
to confirm
(Pual)
to be filled
(Hithpael)
to mass themselves against

okay, now I have a headache... :-)

Thanks again for the great posts.
Sonya

2007/3/29 11:35Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again Ron.

"I think I am missing something here. The creation of the human race is plainly on Day 6. How does this affect the Gap Theory?

If you took the words of Jesus in strict chronological sequence 'the beginning of the creation' would be Gen 1:1 or Gen 1:3"

Maybe the easiest way to explain this would be to pose it in a question. I'll give it a try.

Which would be closer to the beginning:

the sixth day out of seven, which were then followed by thousands and thousands of days by the [b]time[/b] the Lord Jesus said this?

or the six billionth day out of six billion, followed only by thousands and thousands of days by the [b]time[/b] the Lord Jesus had spoken this on Earth?

I think if there were untold ages of days, or any other marker of time as it pertains to Creation, prior to the day in which man was formed, than I think the Lord's statement in Mark's Gospel would not make any sense, at least to me.

Again the Lord Jesus indicated that man has been here, [b] from the beginning of the creation.[/b].

Just how does that make sense if that beginning of the creation was was billions of years ago and man has just now appeared in recent history?

I hope this is more expressive of what I meant before.

In case it may not be, I just thought of another illustration by way of a question. Which is closer to the letter A, which is the beginning of the Aphabet:

the sixth letter, the letter [b]F[/b]?

or the 24th letter, the letter [b]X[/b]?

The letter [b]F[/b] can be said to be at the beginning of the Alphabet.

The letter [b]X[/b] can not.

Again, I hope this is clearer as to what I meant, Thanks,

Chris

2007/3/29 19:37Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

As to the word which is translated replenish, comparing scripture with scripture, Adam is called [i]the First man Adam[/i]

[i]And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.[/i]

If he was first, what then did he replenish? I suppose you could speculate. Specualtion though, by itself, is poor ground upon which to build doctrine to feed souls.

Chris

2007/3/29 19:45Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

john,

I would not leave your church because the pastor is wrong on this one area. Although, there are some conclusions that could be taken assuming the pre-Adamic civilization that would be worth leaving over. As long as he is correct on the Bible being the Word of God, Jesus being the Son of God, and the fundamentals of the faith, I would hang around. I sit under a tremendous teacher who is not a young earth guy. I am, but I still respect the man emensely.

But pray and let God guide you. If I tried to find a pastor that agreed with me across the board it might take a couple years.

I would agree with Ian in that your pastor should be able to back up all his statements with Scripture. I have heard there are many faithful believers that are in error over this one doctrine. But remember that Luther said that Esther and James shouldn't be in the Canon, Wesley said that instruments don't belong in church, CS Lewis wrote about God using Darwinian evolution. Study hard enough and you will usually find at least one strange belief of every giant of the faith. And each of us is certainly off somewhere (oh, no. not me!). We can't label someone Marantha Anathema (cursed of God) over one error. However, when people start to touch the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; it is time to run.

For all who believe in the pre-Adamic race:

1 Cor 15:45b The first man Adam was made a living soul

2007/3/29 20:38Profile
john1140

A Sister in Christ from Michigan

Re:

Dear letsgetbusy,
thanks for the encouragement. I don't plan to leave my church- I respect and love my pastors. I was just kinda thrown for a loop when he made the pre-adamic comment. I'm all better now... :-)

Sonya

2007/3/30 12:57Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
letsgetbusy on 2007/3/30 1:38:36

Indeed he was. I too believe in a young human race, but I have no idea of what may have happened in between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2

I am not arguing for a pre-Adamic race but only to encourage caution in making statements about things which have not been revealed.

2007/3/30 16:02Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Pre-Adamic Race?

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
letsgetbusy on 2007/3/30 1:38:36

Indeed he was. I too believe in a young human race, but I have no idea of what may have happened in between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2

I am not arguing for a pre-Adamic race but only to encourage caution in making statements about things which have not been revealed.

I'm not arguing for a pre-Adamic race either, but I do think that keeping an open mind on those parts of scripture that not yet revealed is wise, for if something, however obscure, is in the Bible, it must be important in some way.

I do look forward to finding out these mysteries when Jesus can explain them to us directly.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/3/30 19:36Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

john,

I was at some missionary training that I was sponsored to attend, and the subject of yoga was brought up. The instructor told one of the girls present that if you are stretching and building muscle that is fine, but one needs to be careful what they are chanting. She explained how many people chant to false gods without realizing they are doing so.

So I thought, yay, we got a good instructor here. Right after that thought, the instructor suggested saying Hail, Mary, since that is what she did, and I thought, 'oh no.'

Like I said, if we dig deep enough, we will find some error in everyone.

I imagine that the pre-Adamic race was probably introduced to them in a Bible college or seminary textbook. It is true that in the average seminary today, there are many doctrines that have been standard to many giants of the faith that are not even mentioned to upcoming preachers-to-be. I just dig deeper into God's Word in hope that he will show me where I am wrong, and pray that when I show someone truth that they acknowledge it.

That's all we can do, stand on truth, pray that others do, as well. The rest is God's.

2007/3/31 1:49Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Brothers,

As far as Gen 1:1 and 2 I stand on this:

Exodus 20:11b For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is

2007/3/31 1:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy