Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hollywood's latest "Biblical" endeavor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Hollywood's latest "Biblical" endeavor

I saw the trailer for this movie. the only thing 'Biblical' about it, is that they stole the ten plagues from Exodus. "Hilary Swank plays a former Christian missionary who lost her faith after her family was tragically killed and has since become a world renowned expert in disproving religious phenomena. But when she investigates a small LA town that is suffering from what appear to be the Biblical plagues, she realizes that science cannot explain what is happening and she must regain her faith to combat the dark forces threatening the community."
Sounds like nothing but pure blasphemy. I doubt that the main character will have any real conversion by the end of the film. Hopefully no one who is seriously seeking God would think that they might learn something from this movie.

:-o

2007/3/27 12:10Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

MSeaman wrote:
I saw the trailer for this movie. the only thing 'Biblical' about it, is that they stole the ten plagues from Exodus. "Hilary Swank plays a former Christian missionary who lost her faith after her family was tragically killed and has since become a world renowned expert in disproving religious phenomena. But when she investigates a small LA town that is suffering from what appear to be the Biblical plagues, she realizes that science cannot explain what is happening and she must regain her faith to combat the dark forces threatening the community."
Sounds like nothing but pure blasphemy. I doubt that the main character will have any real conversion by the end of the film. Hopefully no one who is seriously seeking God would think that they might learn something from this movie.

:-o

It does sound like nothing but blasphemy, and that is the typical outlook of Hollywood towards Christianity.

2007/3/27 12:26Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

There are some great Christian movies out there that are worth seeing... such as "Facing The Giants" and "Flywheel". Movies made by Christians w/ the motivation of building up and encouraging Christians, and not $$.

Krispy

Just bought "Facing The Giants" over the weekend. I actually got to see a pre-screen of it before it came out in the theater, and the "Giants" coach showed up and talked to the audience about the movie. It was great to hear from him about his, and his church's heart in the reasoning for the film. I thought it conveyed a great message. :-D

2007/3/27 12:31Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
look at the wed site, It was to scary . it dosn't seem good.
I wouldn't see it.

There is will be more and more movies with the demonic in it before the end times. Things like this will prepare people for what is going to happen in the world. Movies are a opiate and brainwashing for things to come alot of times.

2007/3/27 12:34Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

There is will be more and more movies with the demonic in it before the end times. Things like this will prepare people for what is going to happen in the world. Movies are a opiate and brainwashing for things to come alot of times.

I agree.
It is very sad. I see how much prayer is needed.

2007/3/27 12:50Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:
look at the wed site, It was to scary . it dosn't seem good.
I wouldn't see it.

Too true

2007/3/27 13:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy