Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Betrayed with a kiss

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Betrayed with a kiss

“Betrayest thou the Son of Man with a kiss?”
— Luke 22:48

“The kisses of an enemy are deceitful.” Let me be on my guard when the world puts on a loving face, for it will, if possible, betray me as it did my Master, with a kiss. Whenever a man is about to stab religion, he usually professes very great reverence for it. Let me beware of the sleek-faced hypocrisy which is armour-bearer to heresy and infidelity. Knowing the deceivableness of unrighteousness, let me be wise as a serpent to detect and avoid the designs of the enemy. The young man, void of understanding, was led astray by the kiss of the strange woman: may my soul be so graciously instructed all this day, that “the much fair speech” of the world may have no effect upon me. Holy Spirit, let me not, a poor frail son of man, be betrayed with a kiss!

But what if I should be guilty of the same accursed sin as Judas, that son of perdition? I have been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus; I am a member of his visible Church; I sit at the communion table: all these are so many kisses of my lips. Am I sincere in them? If not, I am a base traitor. Do I live in the world as carelessly as others do, and yet make a profession of being a follower of Jesus? Then I must expose religion to ridicule, and lead men to speak evil of the holy name by which I am called. Surely if I act thus inconsistently I am a Judas, and it were better for me that I had never been born. Dare I hope that I am clear in this matter? Then, O Lord, keep me so. O Lord, make me sincere and true. Preserve me from every false way. Never let me betray my Saviour. I do love thee, Jesus, and though I often grieve thee, yet I would desire to abide faithful even unto death. O God, forbid that I should be a high-soaring professor, and then fall at last into the lake of fire, because I betrayed my Master with a kiss.

Spurgeon, C. H. 1995. Morning and evening : Daily readings . Logos Research Systems, Inc.: Oak Harbor, WA

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

A thought to ponder,
Is it possible for one to be a Judas? :-(

Not my will but thy will be done Dear Lord.

pastorfrin

2007/3/25 13:54Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: Betrayed with a kiss

O to grace how great a debtr daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to Thee: Prone to wander, Lord i feel it, prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above. - Come thou Fount

What language shall I borrow to thank Thee, dearest Friend, for this Thy dying sorrow, Thy pity withut end? O make me Thine forever! And, should I fainting be, Lord, let me never, never outlive my love to Thee! - O Sacred Head, Now Wounded

Arm me with jealous care, as in Thy sight to live; And O Thy servant, Lord, prepare
a strict account to give!
Help me to watch and pray, and on Thyself rely; and let me ne'er my trust betray,
but press to realms on high.
- A Charge to Keep I Have

"For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God." 1John 3:20,21

"Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by him in peace, without spot and blameless...." 2Peter 3:14

"Therefore we must give the more earnest heed
to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast,
and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward,
how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation.......?" Hebrew 2:1-3

Now He who knows ALL THINGS, who as chosen you to be His Child, will HE not also LEAD you in the way that you do not know? Will HE not also correct you and chastise you and teach you so that you will be HIS SONS and DAUGHTERS?

THEREFORE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS......

Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion....

But humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God

Be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need!!!

IF MY PEOPLE
WHICH ARE CALLED BY MY NAME
WILL HUMBLE THEMSELVES
AND PRAY
AND SEEK MY FACE
AND TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS
THEN WILL I HEAR FROM HEAVEN
AND I WILL FORGIVE THEIR SIN
AND I WILL HEAL THIER LAND

2007/3/25 14:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.