SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Street Meetings Of God, Volume 9

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

The Street Meetings Of God, Volume 9

We would very much like to continue sharing some of the many witness encounters that we have experienced over recent times, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because an estimated 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour!

VOLUME 9

It was a quiet weekend afternoon when Lizzie (my Yorkshire Terrier) and I ventured into the little market town to hand out tracts, free booklets for this coming Easter, along with my hand-made Easter bookmarkers and DVDs - animated Bible stories for the young ones. I have only just acquired these useful DVD aids to use in our street outreach. Lovely stories such as Ruth, Ester, Solomon, Samuel the boy prophet and Joseph in Egypt and many more wonderful animated stories for the children. Talk about taking the Sunday School into the streets!!
I also had to hand DVDs on creation/evolution for the awkward agnostic!

Although the day was breezy and fairly sunny I was surprised how few people were about the town, but I thanked God that a few families did come my way and I was able to share a little Scripture with them and hand out free material. It is never easy to talk to parents in front of very young children about death and Hell and I am very careful about my presentation in this respect - most times it's not possible to do so but I pray that the booklets/DVDs will open their hearts to the Gospel. The children (and parents) were delighted with the DVD stories, with no refusals!

One particular man, George, a regular dog walker like myself, walked a little way with me on my travels. He saw me give out a tract to a lady and I gave him one. After asking what it was he said: "Don't talk to me about God," and then went into the sufferings he'd endured in his younger life. He had only been married a few years he said, when his wife died, riddled with cancer. Their second child was crippled with polio. He asked the most commonly asked question: "What about all these religions then? Nothing but wars.” I went on to say: "Well George, if you look at the Crusades. Very few Christians were in the Crusades, they were mostly made up of Catholics. God didn't bless that war George. We don't understand that God is so holy He cannot abide sin. Disease, illness, wars and famine are all part of this fallen world. It didn't start out that way.”

Then George went on to say his second wife was Jewish and was still awaiting the Messiah. I had a creation/evolution DVD in my pocket and remembered it had some prophecy included, which would astound him and his wife. I also asked that he show his wife Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53. I repeated the latter several times, saying that the chapter was not about a nation, but about the Messiah. I pray he will remember chapter and verse and I also said: "George, we are all going to meet our Maker one day - it is a fearful thing to be in the hands of the living God.” "Well, thanks for DVD and I'll read this," he said as he tucked them into his pocket.

God willing I will see George again this week and will be able to follow up on our conversation today. How sad, all those years ago when he was angry and hurting and blaming God that George did not realise that God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1.)

2007/3/25 9:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy