SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Seeking the Spirit of Truth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Seeking the Spirit of Truth

The moment I was saved every truth of God'S plan was present inside my new heart. I sensed that there was a enter voice speaking to my very being. It communicated in such a way I had never experienced before. I could not write down the information that filled me and when I tried to tell others what was consuming me I spoke worse than one of Job’s friend. For years I felt compelled to share my new found soul satisfying spring.
I grabbed almost every chance I received to tell others what it was like being saved and knowing Jesus. My exuberance was rewarded with opportunities but then fear and doubts would begin to creep into me and the quotes from the great teachers of our time that so inspired and caused me to shout for joy at their revelations were the wrong foundation for me to build on and share with other Christians so I fell on my face as a teacher.
I spent more than half my wakening time studying the Bible and praying for understanding after years and years it still the focus of my life and the only book I am interested in.

I said all that, to say this;

I believe that The Spirit of Truth does not share space or time with any other source other than God’s Holy Word.
When you actively seek answers in the Bible then revelation by
the Spirit of Truth will reveal the truth from the source inside your being, the Holy Spirit.
If you manifest the truth and act on the revelation your understanding will begin to grow and strengthening faith and you will find that it fits and part of your personal manifestation of The Word of God.
You build a new life on the percepts that you have been taught and become a living manifestation of those precepts.
Will that make you a special Christian? No, and you can’t build on any foundation other than our Rock.
If you receive a revelation and hide it under a bushel it will be taken from you and given to another that has more light who will place the light on a candle stick for all the house to be edified.

So feed upon the Word and seek inside yourself for the enter man. It is Him you want to strengthen. Humble the outer man not through will worship but by putting him on a fast for time and place to distract you.
Eddie

KJV
And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he
would and they came unto him.

And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that
he might send them forth to preach,

And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils

And Simon he surnamed Peter

And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James
and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder

And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and
Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,

And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him and they went
into an house.

And the multitude cometh together again, so that they could
not so much as eat bread.

And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on
him for they said, He is beside himself.

And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath
Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out
devils.

And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables,

How can Satan cast out Satan?And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he
cannot stand, but hath an end.
No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his
goods, except he will first bind the strong man and then he
will spoil his house.

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the
sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall
blaspheme

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never
forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing
without, sent unto him, calling him.

And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him,
Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
And he answered them, saying,

Who is my mother, or my brethren?

And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and
said,

Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my
brother, and my sister, and mother.

And he began again to teach by the sea side and there was
gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land.

And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,

Hearken Behold, there went out a sower to sow

And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side,
and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.

And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth
and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth. But when the sun was up, it was scorched and because it had no root, it withered away.

And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.

And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang
up and increased and brought forth, some thirty, and some
sixty, and some an hundred.

And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

And when he was alone, they that were about him with the
twelve asked of him the parable.
And he said unto them,

Unto you it is given to know the
mystery of the kingdom of God but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables

That seeing they may see, and not perceive and hearing they
may hear, and not understand lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

And he said unto them,
Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

The sower soweth the word.
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown
but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground
who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness

And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time
afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the
word's sake, immediately they are offended.

And these are they which are sown among thorns such as hear
the word,

And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches,
and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

And these are they which are sown on good ground such as hearthe word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some
thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

And he said unto them,
Is a candle brought to be put under a
bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick? For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested
neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

And he said unto them,
Take heed what ye hear with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you and unto you that hear shall more be given. For he that hath, to him shall be given and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

And he said,
So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast
seed into the ground And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up,
he knoweth not how.
For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself first the
blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

And he said,
Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or
with what comparison shall we compare it?
It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in
the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth
But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as
they were able to hear it.
But without a parable spake he not unto them and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.

And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even
as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other
little ships.

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into
the ship, so that it was now full.

And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow
and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea,
Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

And he said unto them,
Why are ye so fearful? how is it that
ye have no faith?

And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What
manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey
him?

2007/3/24 18:08Profile
arbustum

Sydney Australia

Re: Seeking the Spirit of Truth

God bless the heart you have that is overjoyed by God.

i can never get enough of hearing about the peace you have. Let God use that! let him breathe into your dreams because it says: seek first the kingdom of God and he will give you the desires of your heart. God loves you. he celebrates with you in your mirth! yes there will always be people who will hold intent to bring you down from that... but keep seeking his face... its crazy because im sure paul must have been the same... theres something about getting that heart revelation and knowing that God is totally for you and committing to him means success despite the enemy. pray. hard. love and emmerse yourself in 1 corinthians 13.

check out 1 peter 1:3-12 and 2 peter 1:3-11. remember job 42 in this. and philemon verses 4-7 because your joy is refreshing.

God bless!

2007/3/26 5:10Profile
psalm1

Re:

AMEN,GO FOR IT!!!!!

2007/3/26 10:28Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Family Connections

Reply to arbustum and psalm1

Thank you for your kindness.

We all need encouragement and I repeat to both of you verses selected by arbustum that expresses encouragement to members of our global family perfectly.

Eddie

Philemon 4-7
Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.

2007/3/27 7:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The Spirit of Truth

Quote:
I believe that The Spirit of Truth does not share space or time with any other source other than God’s Holy Word.

[i]If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be [b]in[/b] you.[/i]
John 14:15-17
Quote:
When you actively seek answers in the Bible then revelation by
the Spirit of Truth will reveal the truth from the source inside your being, the Holy Spirit.
If you manifest the truth and act on the revelation your understanding will begin to grow and strengthening faith and you will find that it fits and part of your personal manifestation of The Word of God.
You build a new life on the percepts that you have been taught and become a living manifestation of those precepts.
Will that make you a special Christian? No, and you can’t build on any foundation other than our Rock.
If you receive a revelation and hide it under a bushel it will be taken from you and given to another that has more light who will place the light on a candle stick for all the house to be edified.

[i]But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of [b]me[/b]: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.[/i]
John 15:26-27

If you note there, "[i]because ye have been with me from the beginning[/i]" the Lord is speaking directly to His disciples.

[i]Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent [u]them[/u] into the world. And for [u]their[/u] sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through [u]their[/u] word;[/i]
John 17:17-20

[i]We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any [u]private interpretation.[/u] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.[/i]
2 Peter 1:19-21

Quote:
I grabbed almost every chance I received to tell others what it was like being saved and knowing Jesus. My exuberance was rewarded with opportunities but then fear and doubts would begin to creep into me and the quotes from the great teachers of our time that so inspired and caused me to shout for joy at their revelations were the wrong foundation for me to build on and share with other Christians so I fell on my face as a teacher.
I spent more than half my wakening time studying the Bible and praying for understanding after years and years it still the focus of my life and the only book I am interested in.

Not intending to be unnecessarily didactic here but this does seem to come up here on occasion. Pardon if I am singling you out as example or if I am misunderstanding your motivation.

If we hold to a strict idea that only that which we ourselves glean from the scriptures is the only way or method of understanding we can be asking for a great deal of trouble and find ourselves with that which becomes a "private interpretation". While I full well understand that we cannot live on the opposite extreme, feeding on others work exclusively, it is to often make that a bit too dismissive and I fear it when it becomes a notion forwarded here.

Where do cults form from primarily than that which is by way of a 'private interpretation'? And just as well, where does much schism in the Body come from but by way of setting up a garrison, a pitching of ones tent under a subheading (read, denomination or construct) and generally setting up a bulkhead to defend a particular 'doctrine' or slant? Calvinism, Arminanism, Holiness, Charismatic, Pentecostal, Baptism, Methodist on and on infinitum.

A word that came up recently and to forward the argument a bit here, from one of these earthly dead preachers is "adjustable". Are we? mailable, changeable ... able, willing ... teachable?

What seems to throw me a bit here is that these living saints are somehow silenced because they can no longer speak in the present moment. But what would be the whole point of their collections or recollections put down in print, captured by tape and turned back out into our hearing if they are to be dismissed as inferior to what our own 'private interpretations' are because we have a personal revelation with our nose to the grindstone of the scriptures ... Does this not also fuel a very real possibility of spiritual pride?

The big 'of course' here is not that which trades one for the other. We ought to be chewing our own cud by digging into God's Word for ourselves and generally, personally speaking find the opposite when reading\hearing our own Brethren, earthly dead or living, typing pilgrims expressions here that which fosters a "if that is so" searching of Gods Word.

One of the things that arrests me and have taken notice of is that there really is no such thing as "Old" when it comes to this life with the Lord. Plop our minds down into any era of Christian history and there is the same truth and more often than not, the Spirit of Truth permeating more things in common than that which is divisive, disagreeable. It is generally not always spoken in plain sight but that which is undergirding, a thread weaved between all those that loved the Lord.

[i]Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: [b]whose faith follow[/b], [u]considering[/u] the end of their conversation. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines.[/i]
Heb 13:7-9

It is one of the very beauties of this place that can carry a diversity of opinion, of perspective and yet somehow manage to ...

[i]Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all [u]speak the same thing[/u], and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.[/i]
1 Cor 1:10

... by and large. What I may be trying to say in such a drawn out way is, these dead saints are only dead in responding to posts, but they and their words live on and still speak. To quote loosely something I heard Alister Begg make mention of recently ... "A wise man quotes those who are wiser than himself." ;-)

2007/3/27 10:33Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Seeking the Spirit of Truth

I share your concerns and if I put down anyone I truly apologize. If I offended anyone please forgive me. The reason I post on this site is because people expound on The Word Of God in their posts. I am not affiliated with anyone and have no following and would not except any reward for service to further the kingdom of God. Never been to seminar, never taught a class of my own and never preached a sermon. I am a retired senior who loves God, His Children and His Word. I don’t attend any meetings of any kind. I am dad, a grand dad, a Husband and a volunteer at the local senior center. I am uninterested in politics, news and public opinion.
I have volumes of tapes and shelves of books of Bible teachers inspired by the Spirit of Truth but I was saying that I truly never grasp their joy and peace until I experienced a personal relationship with the Spirit of Truth Who teaches me how to be a disciple of Christ Jesus one who believes the teaching of the doctrine of Christ. One who obeys the doctrine of Christ, and helps in the spreading of the doctrine of Christ.
We all believe and put our trust in some thing or someone and we all teach the merits of what ever we believe. But Christians have to obey the doctrine of Christ as the Word of God spoken through Him. The trusting and obeying the doctrine of anyone other than the doctrine of Christ is an act of adultery for a disciple of Christ.

Respectfully, Eddie

Matthew 10
27. What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
28. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
29. Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
30. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
32. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
41. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
42. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

2007/3/27 15:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Spirit of Truth

Hi brother,

My apologies here ... Sometimes speaking in generalities causes a great deal of confusion. My tendencies are usually to be absorbing so many things from different contexts here that they can carry over and become somewhat muddled in expression.

Quote:
I have volumes of tapes and shelves of books of Bible teachers inspired by the Spirit of Truth but I was saying that I truly never grasp their joy and peace until I experienced a personal relationship with the Spirit of Truth Who teaches me how to be a disciple of Christ Jesus one who believes the teaching of the doctrine of Christ.

Well said and far better at that. :-)

2007/3/27 16:07Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: I may have been having a senior moment.

Great site and no offence taken because frankly I may have been having a senior moment.

Eddie

2007/3/27 17:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy