SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question for my friends

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Branded4him

Ohio

Question for my friends

Hello my brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope all is having a wonderful day as I am. I was wondering what some of your opinions would be in a good study bible. I appreciate and value your opinions and consideration.

2007/3/22 19:01Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Question for my friends

Quote:
Hello my brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope all is having a wonderful day as I am. I was wondering what some of your opinions would be in a good study bible. I appreciate and value your opinions and consideration.

I have found a mixture of many different methods to bring the most fruit. I enjoy reading "larger" amounts of scripture and also to look at individual verses with greek and hebrew helps such as on blueletterbible.org

The chief aim of reading the bible is to KNOW GOD more.

Having a bible reading plan to go through everyday helps enormously to keep yourself on track and with purpose and intention in your bible reading. It is a good admonition to be "much" in the word of God. You cannot go wrong in that endavour. Memorization of specific passages can help greatly also. I consider memorization and mediation on scriptures as the chewing process of eating. Imagine not chewing when you eat!

2007/3/22 19:06Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Matthew Henry is generally a good commentary to go by but I would definitely 100% stay away from the modern study bibles.

Of course though the best study guide is the Spirit :)

Jordan

2007/3/22 19:10Profile

Re: Question for my friends

I would love for you to put it this before the LORD and ask Him for the study bible that He would have you want, and He'll give you that one. Our opinions will only be confusing. Some will say NIV, others KJV, others will say something else. Even I could tell you what you should get, however, the LORD knows exactly what you have need of before you even pray. Be led by the Spirit in everything, the littlest things He is most interested in.

2007/3/22 19:10

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy