SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Peace be with you"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread









 Re: more dreams

Since my last post, I have continued to have dreams every day (five or six days straight). This is not really new to me, especially since becoming a Christian, however, lately they have remained in my memory and are much more detailed.

The one on Monday consisted of my fiancee's family and the two of us.

**background - her father was a buddhist about 15 years ago and her mother has 'always' been a Christian. About 14 years ago he receieved Jesus and has given everything up (they were wealthy) to pursue the Way. However, over this time he stopped working for several years and my fiancee's mother (she loved the money I feel) and him have not really had a loving relationship since. Although there are many complicated factors, as well as meaningless ones, I see great division in this family. Her father spends hours and days in prayer and does everything he can for the church. In the meantime, her mother spends her days complaining about having no money.

When I came along, I truly believe I was an answered prayer for everyone involved and the family has slowly begun to come together. Thank God. There is still a large gap in the family, but I believe that God has a plan for them...***

The dream consisted of my fiancee and I having a meal with her parents and me telling them that,'everything will be good, however, you must let go of the past and begin to build your family back up before anything will happen...". In the dream, her mother began to cry and it seemed as though it was the right thing to do...then I woke up.


The following day I had a dream about my father.

**My mother and father divorced when I was a baby. As I mentioned in my previous threads, I lived with him for only three years (which is where I was abused in many ways). He was not involved, but to this day I still am not sure if he believes anything really 'bad' happened, so I guess indirectly he is involved. After high school I made an attempt to go back and visit him and then after I became a christian I went back and tried to express my love. To this day, when I phone or visit him I tell him that I love him and talk about my faith, but he is not comfortable with 'feelings'.***

In my dream, he and I were in somesort of a book store or library (maybe a university store). He and I sat down on the floor and read a book together (something of which he and I never did), when one of his friend's came in and they talked. They were both wearing dirty work clothes and looked out of place in this situation, but I remember not caring and just enjoying the moment...sometime around there I woke up.


**Another dream, maybe Wednesday was about my 'friends' from high school, which were at the university I went to and that I was recently accepted into for a masters of divinity. Although, I was accepted, I still have to wait student loan and God approval.**

In the dream, I was heading to class or something, when I came across many of my 'friends' from high school. Many of them were working in similar jobs that they have been with for many years. Most of them seemed to be 'going nowhere in life'. We were kind to one another and I was offering them advice. One girl imparticular (one of my 'best friends' girlfriends...who said to me last year when I was home visiting, "Do you know what, Brian? I think I need Jesus.") I met her in my dream and I talked to her about Jesus as I made my way into school.


Anyway...those are a few of them.

Take care and God Bless,
BrianMira

 2007/4/20 4:05









 Re: and another

Last nights dream was a little strange, but I still see the point...

At first I was with a few people and we were in a room fighting against some evil force and its little flying helpers. That was not the strange part.

Eventually, I was left alone to fight these evil 'things' myself. The strange part is the form of fighting.

...I do not recall any weapons per say... but I was 'shooting' at them with some sort of power. I do not play video or computer games, but it seemed like something similar. I was standing on some platform that kind of flew around. I was not scared or worried. I just continued attacking this enemy.

I cannot say for certain if I 'won', but the problem seemed to be less obvious and I walked away from this place...then i woke up.

 2007/4/20 19:20









 Re:


Today, I called my mom in Canada and she told me that there was a shooting on her(my) street a few days ago and also in my town there has been two other shootings within a short time.

I have not spoken to my mom in over two weeks...

Quote:
....
Anyway, in the dream he and I were talking when a bunch of 'punk' kids were driving by on bikes, in cars, and some were on foot. They all were wearing stereotypical street clothes (from my neigborhood anyway)...hat on anyway but straight, baggy jeans, and some basketball jearsy. They were making a lot of noise as they went by and this made my teacher mad.

They were off in a distance (whatever distance is in a dream), so he jumped angerly in his car and drove towards them. Some how he accidentally hit one of the kids on a bike. The kid was ok, but when he got out of his car to check, a whole gang of kids swarmed him and started beating the teacher.

Somehow I knew this was 'happening' so I ran toward him, but the faster or harder I tried, the further it seemed and more kids were continued beating him. Eventually, I realized that they would kill him by the time that I got there (this short 'distance'), so I stopped running and yelled, "HEY!!!". They ALL stopped and looked at me...for one second and then turned to him and EVERYONE pulled out a gun and shot him. They filled his body with bullets.

I woke up...after 3am...
..




...I just thought it sort of fit into my dream from earlier last week. Shootings are VERY rare in my area, but three in less than two weeks is strange and that I had a dream about shootings...

...anyway...

God Bless,
Brian :-(

 2007/4/21 0:43









 Re:

....another dream....

Last nights dream was about me with a couple of people that I knew and we were talking about jobs/money/life. He is in finance and I was talking to him about how money is not as important as he thinks. I told him that he would probably pick money 8 times out of 10 in every situation in his life. He agreed.

In this dream, I did not mention God, but I could feel that my overall stance was Spiritual. The reason that I was talking to him was because that I knew that truth, which is we need God 10 out of 10 times in our life, but he, like so many others, have money above love.

**He is not Christian. I talked with him before and he is not ready to give up his money just yet...

Overall, it was a simple dream, but the more I think about it is actually sad.

{Edit} During morning church, 15 minutes after I wrote my above mentioned dream, I remembered another dream that I also had last night. I was being taught by a pastor or teacher of Christianity. He was answering my question about if Christians are able to drink. He said that he did on occasion and that it was not bad as long as it was controlled....?

God Bless,

 2007/4/21 15:45









 Re: 'Peace be with you'

Quote:
He was answering my question about if Christians are able to drink. He said that he did on occasion and that it was not bad as long as it was controlled....?

Many Christians think this way, but.... there is an inescapable link in scripture between strong drink (high alcoholic content) and Baal worship (generally idolatry and the sin which goes with it (Lev 18)).

We have had an interesting discussion SI about the word used for wine by Jesus, and concluded it definitely had an alcoholic content, so that is not the issue directly. But, merely moderation does not justify 'drink' if God has asked one to abstain, or there are other good reasons to abstain (such as previous addiction or abuse of it).

I've been musing on your general other question about why dreams, and came up with this possible explanation from my own experience of dreams and waking visions..... that when a person is busy, or focused on other things, God allows our bodies and spiritual faculties to rest before revealing something new. In a way, when you are still asleep, there is a sense in which He gets your full attention.

Also, there may be a connection to past extreme behaviour, which creates a neural pathway compatible with deep spiritual communication apart from competent consciousness.... and God simply uses this while He can. It may be the time comes when He doesn't need to, or, the pathway reconfigures and is no longer available.

I hope it's obvious I believe God speaks to people when they are conscious too! But, it is quite a discipline to learn to cut out everything else and 'hear' clearly. A busy mind can make it harder for [i]you[/i] to discern God's word. Iow, perhaps dreaming it makes it easier for you.

 2007/4/22 14:06









 Re:

Dorcas,

As for the dream about drinking and my take on it, I will definately read more and pray more about it, but wine was my meaning, not 'strong drink'.

I will search for the discussion on wine...if you could guide me to it, I may find it easier...


Quote:
Many Christians think this way, but.... there is an inescapable link in scripture between strong drink (high alcoholic content) and Baal worship (generally idolatry and the sin which goes with it (Lev 18)).

We have had an interesting discussion SI about the word used for wine by Jesus, and concluded it definitely had an alcoholic content, so that is not the issue directly. But, merely moderation does not justify 'drink' if God has asked one to abstain, or there are other good reasons to abstain (such as previous addiction or abuse of it).




As for listening to God through dreams, visions, or as I am walking down the street, this is ALL relatively new to me and I am learning to do all of them the best way that I can, which is another reason why I am posting it all on "Peace be with You". Like I mentioned, I have had several dreams since becoming a Christian, but since I have started to seek our Lord more and more, ALL of these modes of communication have increased.

I have not mentioned as much the daily work of the Spirit within me. This is not just 'words at the right time', but an amazing sensation of fullness (although, I know it will grow also) as I speak in the Spirit, opposed to speaking with my own words and limited knowledge.

All have been increasing, while I allow myself to decrease. All are not easy, but in Christ it is all possible. The possibilities are endless.

Quote:
I have been musing on your general other question about why dreams, and came up with this possible explanation from my own experience of dreams and waking visions..... that when a person is busy, or focused on other things, God allows our bodies and spiritual faculties to rest before revealing something new. In a way, when you are still asleep, there is a sense in which He gets your full attention.

Also, there may be a connection to past extreme behaviour, which creates a neural pathway compatible with deep spiritual communication apart from competent consciousness.... and God simply uses this while He can. It may be the time comes when He doesn't need to, or, the pathway reconfigures and is no longer available.

I hope it's obvious I believe God speaks to people when they are conscious too! But, it is quite a discipline to learn to cut out everything else and 'hear' clearly. A busy mind can make it harder for [i]you[/i] to discern God's word. Iow, perhaps dreaming it makes it easier for you.




I pray that God is patient with me while I continue to humble myself and do His will ONLY.

Thank you for your wisdom.

God Bless,
Brian

P.S. In a dream two days ago, I mentioned about witnessing to a finance guy that I know in Canada...'out of the blue' he emailed me yesterday and that is something he has never done in over two years... :-(

My dreams have been continuing...lately, a lot have to do with my fiancee and I traveling...?

She had one last night and we were at the top of a mountain praying and trying to disrupt an evil(devil) worshipping ceremony, which are common in Korea.

:-) ...actually, a few months ago I broke one up when we went to the top of a mountain with my Bible and something (Spirit) came over me and we made it known what they were doing was wrong... we prayed for rain in the middle of their get together, where about 50 people were gathered around a fire and they sacrificed a pig and had its head as an idol... THE RAIN CAME AND THEY ALL WENT AWAY...Thank God!

 2007/4/25 4:29









 Re:

Quote:

BrianMira wrote:


The one on Monday consisted of my fiancee's family and the two of us.

**background - her father was a buddhist about 15 years ago and her mother has 'always' been a Christian. About 14 years ago he receieved Jesus and has given everything up (they were wealthy) to pursue the Way. However, over this time he stopped working for several years and my fiancee's mother (she loved the money I feel) and him have not really had a loving relationship since. Although there are many complicated factors, as well as meaningless ones, I see great division in this family. Her father spends hours and days in prayer and does everything he can for the church. In the meantime, her mother spends her days complaining about having no money.

When I came along, I truly believe I was an answered prayer for everyone involved and the family has slowly begun to come together. Thank God. There is still a large gap in the family, but I believe that God has a plan for them...***

The dream consisted of my fiancee and I having a meal with her parents and me telling them that,'everything will be good, however, you must let go of the past and begin to build your family back up before anything will happen...". In the dream, her mother began to cry and it seemed as though it was the right thing to do...then I woke up.





This dream came true this evening... my fiancee and I went to her house and her father was upset, which I have never seen. He said her mother was downstairs (apartment) in the car. They had a fight, which I have never seen. My fiancee and I went and talked with her mom. She was crying with the doors of the car locked. Eventually, she opened the door and agreed to come upstairs.

He father came out and the four of us talked about many things (which I stated in my dream), while her mother cried.

Nothing like this has ever happened, so I could not forsee any such thing, however, in my dream the very same thing took place... :-(

 2007/4/25 10:16









 Re: 'Peace be with you'

Brian said

Quote:
I will definately read more and pray more about it, but wine was my meaning, not 'strong drink'.

I will search for the discussion on wine...

No worries, I found it... :-)

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=5986&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=5986&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0[/url]


Isn't it encouraging to find your dreams have prepared you for important situations you will face?

May God give you wisdom in all your words to those closest to you.

 2007/4/25 16:25









 Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
No worries, I found it... :-)

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/
viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=5986&
forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=5986&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0[/url]




Thank you again, Dorcas. That thread gave me a new perspective and shinned a different light on wine vs. 'strong drink' (which can be the same, for those of you whom have not read the thread).
I will continue to seek the Lord in this matter.


Quote:

Isn't it encouraging to find your dreams have prepared you for important situations you will face?

May God give you wisdom in all your words to those closest to you.



While speaking to my finacee's parents last night, I felt completely comfortable with the situation, because our Lord prepared me days before. It is VERY encouraging!

I hope and pray that I continue to break and be built up in Him.

Thank you and God Bless,
Brian

 2007/4/25 20:21





©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy