SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for the word

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Prayer for the word

Hi everyone. Between Sunday evening and this afternoon I've had the opportunity to share the Word of the Gospel with quite a few people. Since they continue to come to mind I wanted to ask for prayer on their behalf here.

Just a few brief descriptions and perhaps one or more of them may come to your hearts, I thank you very much for your petitions on their behalf...

On Sunday night I spoke with a young man who seemed very mild in his dispostion but I thought maybe also he was hurting. I explained the Gospel very clearly to him and if I heard him correctly he said he would think alot about it as I was walking away.

After him there was a man who initially tried to pursuade me that I should go talk to people that didn't know about the Bible but as I pressed a bit it he said that though he read the Bible every night he'd not been born again. I was not able to fully share the word with him as his [i]friend[/i] came out of the resturaunt and started to threaten to punch him if he did not come inside. He really seemed like he wanted to stay and talk very much but finaly he relented to the threatenings.

After this were two teenage girls who I gathered had some Christian or church background. They were frightened by a homeless man that came around the corner and interjected some comments. Rather than press an awkward situation I gave them some encouragement to seek after God and then was talking to the man that came up to us. From his story he was on the streets because his parents abused him. He said he had a goal to collect as many different translations of the Bible as possible. I was able to speak to him about the nescessity of recieving the word and Christ by faith which it appeared stuck with him.

Another man comes to mind who I met twice some time ago. He was homeless also and after our second conversation seemed very much in earnest to recieve Christ.

This afternoon I had a very surprising conversation with a [i]Jehovah's Witness[/i] who was handing out their literature. He was very, very receptive to the things we discussed and invited me to come back to that area next week. I do not at all feel as though he was just being polite either.

Before this there was a young man that I overheard talking on the cell phone while I was wainting to get on the train. For whatever reason his conversation bothered me as it sounded like he was boasting loudly about promiscuity. Later I happened to sit right across from him on the train and gave him a tract. After some conversation he said he went to church and played an instrument. We spoke about righteousness and the Lord's warning about iniquity.

Lastly there was a young man that I think went to an Apostolic church. I recognised this without him telling me at first and could see in his behaviour some of my own previous behaviours around other Christians. He gave me the impression that he believed he was lost in his current condition.

Almost forgot one more, another young man who was catholic, at least nominally. He had all sorts of questions and intellectual stumblingblocks. We spoke for some time.

Again, thank you for all your petitions.

Chris

2007/3/21 22:10Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Prayer for the word

I will be praying Chris.

2007/3/21 22:15Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Prayer for the word

Praying for them and you,

Blessings,

2007/3/22 0:19Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Goldminer and UniqueWebRev, thank you both kindly and to all others as well. It is good to be able to share in these labors with you all and to have others to bring these things before and to share with. I appreciate it.

If I may add another person here. I met a man named David tonight. David is homeless and from what I could gather he was shot twice in the head and was in a comma for many months over a three year period and is just recently regaining his speech.

As he put it in regards to his faith, [i]he keeps it simple[/i]. And he was not ashamed to declare his love for Christ.

Chris

2007/3/24 23:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy