SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : "The Revival Hymn" Audio Transcription

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Revival Hymn is absolutely great. Great preaching. Great revival history. Great music.

I must admit the song in the middle seems to stick out, kind of like a "latest hit" during the middle of "Saving Private Ryan," or something. But I still have listened to the CD/mp3 more than ten times since yesterday. Everyone in our evangelism ministry got a CD copy.

There will be many more passed out. What a blessing!

2005/7/29 0:28Profile
madmatg

asia

Re:

thank ya sir

2005/8/1 0:46Profile
DesiJr

Re: Small Groups

Hello brother,
While reading your post I was reminded about the way I felt after I first heard the revival hymn.
The only thing I would caution you about is your attitude in front of the other group members. You seem to portray your leader and the rest of the members in your group not as spiritual as you. This is a dangerous road to walk my friend. I believe that your feelings concerning what should have happened after hearing of the hymn was right on. But since you are under his leadership you must respect the way he conducts the group.

Your best bet would be to speak to him privately about your concerns. Then pray for him and the rest of your group privately. God will answer the prayers an earnest and humble heart.

2006/1/6 16:41Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

Quote:

DesiJr wrote:
Hello brother,
While reading your post I was reminded about the way I felt after I first heard the revival hymn.
The only thing I would caution you about is your attitude in front of the other group members. You seem to portray your leader and the rest of the members in your group not as spiritual as you. This is a dangerous road to walk my friend. I believe that your feelings concerning what should have happened after hearing of the hymn was right on. But since you are under his leadership you must respect the way he conducts the group.

Your best bet would be to speak to him privately about your concerns. Then pray for him and the rest of your group privately. God will answer the prayers an earnest and humble heart.

DesiJr, I am not sure he was exhibiting any spiritual pride - I only sensed a desire in his heart for his fellow Christians to be stirred to brokeness before God.
I think the way the leader of a group reacts in this situation does factor heavily into its outcome. Like Ravenhill has said, the pastor (leader) sets the spiritual climate in a church (group.)
It takes time to discern spiritual pride from a genuine burden of God put into the heart of a person, so let's please not rush into judgments (even expressing concern can have a negative impact and sound like judgment)on people concerning that area. Let's err on the side of grace.

-Chris

2006/1/6 16:51Profile
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Re:

While I am loath to resurrect such an old topic, I feel I must post, as it was this compilation that led me to this wonderful site.

Many of the Ravenhill quotes are indeed from "What Is Your Life?", but in all my searching through the forums I've found that no one has yet discovered that the other great majority of quotes are from his sermon "Sins of Laodicea" which is only found in the video sermon section of the site under "Laodicean Church" found here:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=1729

quotes include:

"There is no finality to the Christian life..."
"And there's no room in the inn..."
"We're in great danger when we let our accomplishments..."
The 2nd part of the Wesley discussion.

It took me a long time to dig up this sermon, so I'm happy to point others in the right direction.

2010/8/17 11:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy