SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : can't we just be good?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

can't we just be good?

I went thr prayer tent today, I was praying
about how God would free us from our loves, talking about the hate to sin. after I wa done the girl next to me, " can I please ask you a question?" "Of course" I said. are Homeo's Christain's saved? If someone loves God's and does Good can't they be saved? she was telling of all these false teaching and she thought that none where going to hell. I said yes they are going to hell. she said but that's alot of people who are going to hell. It's not just knowing Jesus, but does Jesus know you.

How would tell someone who thought that those say they are Christian, ( those that are some what the same) and say they love Jesus, but there lives are far from truth?

How would you tell her these other ways are wrong, and they are going to hell.

How would show that no is Good? what would you say?

in his love
charlene

2007/3/21 2:18Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: can't we just be good?

Hi Charlene and grace to you,

I think this is an important question for us - how do we answer people and those who may be hostile or antagonistic towards us or the faith. I think it is important, among other reasons, because as our Master was so often assailed this way, by those who were seeking to catch Him or trip Him up in His words, we too may face this and the adversary may seek to stain our garments by tripping us up in our speech and getting us to falter in our words to others. So where is wisdom in this?

One of the things I have been learning is that it is alright to not answer at all! This is actually alright.

[i]The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.[/i] -Proverbs 16:1

We desperately need wisdom at every turn and guidance from above, to know when to speak and when not to, what to say, and what to withhold.

David pleads in Psalm 141

[i]Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.[/i]

What a need it is for us too, especially when we are faced with the evil heart and mind of this world which is at enmity with God and which would assult Him and us with their questions.

We do not always need to answer.

I pray this will be helpfull and if not may God take it all away.

Chris

Edit: Want to clarify something here. When I suggest that it is alright not to answer, I mean to say that not answering may be appropriate. I do not mean to suggest that this is always appropriate, just that we should condsider it part of an appropriate response - no response at all, or saying very little or even that 'I don't know'. We don't always have to have an answer.

2007/3/21 8:01Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

A popular teaching, which is scriptural, is the so called 'good test'.

It is based on the ten commandments.

It goes over the commandments to see if a person who has broken God's law, is good in God's eyes.

Have they ever lied, stolen etc.

Fact is, we have all broken God's law. But the word of God says that the law stops mouths, Rom 3v19.

No doubt, they will probably ask you the same questions, but that could be an opportunity to show them that you needed to be saved from your sins, and the only way to forgiveness is through the blood of Jesus.

Still, seek God for wisdom and God will grant you wisdom, James 1v5.

He is so good.

And glory to God for your zeal in sharing His word.

God bless.

2007/3/21 8:13Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

My husband has a great response that he has used many, many times in talking with those that consider themselves Christians:
"The thing we need to ask ourselves is: What does God think of me? Not what you or I or anyone else thinks about me, but what does God think about what I think about, what does God think about how I spend my money, what does God think about what I hold dear. That is the important question."

I agree and AMEN to learning how to have wisdom in how we answer anyone! God grant all of us this grace!!!

And that I believe that it is of the utmost importance to learn how to listen to the Holy Spirit in those times. Listening to the Word of God planted on the inside of our hearts. Sometimes it is just quiet, as only God Himself can change a heart and a mind set. But remembering to PRAY for any that struggle,that question, that seem resistant, (as the Spirit of God leads). Oftentimes when someone questions it is not only for arguing sake, but raher as they are struggling to know these things in their own hearts and establish the "truth".

Grace and Peace to you!
Lori

2007/3/21 8:29Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:
I went thr prayer tent today, I was praying
about how God would free us from our loves, talking about the hate to sin. after I wa done the girl next to me, " can I please ask you a question?" "Of course" I said. are Homeo's Christain's saved? If someone loves God's and does Good can't they be saved? she was telling of all these false teaching and she thought that none where going to hell. I said yes they are going to hell. she said but that's alot of people who are going to hell. It's not just knowing Jesus, but does Jesus know you.

How would tell someone who thought that those say they are Christian, ( those that are some what the same) and say they love Jesus, but there lives are far from truth?

[color=CC6600]Charlene, when someone says they love Jesus, ask them if they obey the commandments. If they don't, and don't try to obey them, and follow in Jesus' footsteps, they don't love Jesus. If they don't love Jesus the real way, they are going to hell.

Obedience is the only way we can show our love for Jesus to Him, and to others. We all fail to keep the commandments perfectly, but we have to try, and keep trying. And when we fail, we ask for forgiveness, and help to change. And then we start over again.[/color]

Quote:
How would you tell her these other ways are wrong, and they are going to hell.

[color=CC6600]I would tell her that if she doesn't love Jesus and what Jesus wants, more than she loves her own way, and her boyfriends, then she is putting them before God. That makes them Idol's, and Idol worshiping only gets you to hell.[/color]

Quote:
How would show that no is Good? what would you say?

[color=CC6600]Charlene, if you mean no to sex, and drinking, and drugs, it means you are saying yes to Jesus, and in return, He blesses you for doing what He would like more than what you would like.

I hope this helps you help your friends.

Blessings,[/color]

2007/3/21 8:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy